• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-EPT Thread

I tried a 60mg dose of 4-HO-EPT yesterday and it actually felt considerably stronger than when I took 50mg. I thought a higher dose might be more enjoyable, but the trip was uncomfortable during the peak. I thoroughly enjoyed the body high last time, but this time I felt uncomfortable. I felt overstimulated and experienced some nausea and weird stomach sensations. It was definitely more intense mentally too, but not in a way that made it better.

I started to think that maybe 4-HO-EPT isn't as great as my first impression led me to believe, but once the effects started to diminish, the trip became very much like what I experienced during my 50mg trip. 4-HO-EPT has a very content, meditative headspace. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some other psychedelics have, but it doesn't need them. The visuals aren't as impressive as many other psychedelics, but visuals aren't what tripping is all about. Mentally, it doesn't take you as far out as other drugs either, but it's undeniably psychedelic. It isn't introspective, at least not in a way that makes you think about aspects of yourself and your place in the world.

What it does do is put you in a living-in-the-moment state of mind. That's the thing about tripping that I always found to be the most important. Long ago, when I first started tripping, I started reading about various psychedelics on Erowid, and the one that I wanted to try the most was 4-AcO-DiPT. One report in particular, titled "Tripping for Grownups" made it sound appealing to me. It describes the trip as being very psychedelic, comparable to mushrooms or LSD, but without the fireworks, just pure psychedelic experience. I still haven't had the chance to try it (I wish I hadn't been scared to order research chemicals back then), but 4-HO-EPT seems similar to that.

Usually when I trip, I listen to a lot of typical psychedelic music like Pink Floyd. On 4-HO-EPT, I've found that the ideal music to listen to is stuff like Gabor Szabo, Cal Tjader, Rabih Abou Khalil. That kind of music matches with the headspace perfectly. Szabo's album Dreams in particular is one that I would recommend listening to.

4-HO-EPT is a fairly light psychedelic, but I think it's everything it needs to be. It's like mushrooms or LSD without the craziness of the first half of the trip, but with the clarity and serenity of the comedown. I think now that 40-50 mg is an ideal dose. At first I thought 50mg was a light dose, but I now realize that 4-HO-EPT is just gentle by nature.
Totally agree. I feel much same with 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DPT. They are gentle by nature. Out of all the 4-AcO/4-HO-XXX the least gentle IMO is 4-HO/4-AcO-DMT.

Totally agree. I feel much same with 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DPT. They are gentle by nature. Out of all the 4-AcO/4-HO-XXX the least gentle IMO is 4-HO/4-AcO-DMT.

+1.

4-HO-EPT is gently by nature for sure. It feels very calm and theraputic. I am coming down from 25mg, intranasl. I will report more in the morning.

What's 4-HO-DPT like?

4-HO-EPT has proven to be a valuable substance producing a worthwhile experience, or trip. Its very clean feeling, no thrills, no fear, more subtle imagery, grace. I am able to just be, and to breathe, and be content just staring at the sky.

25mg intranasally produced wonderful effects this evening. The moon had a slightly haunted yellow hue, due to atmospheric conditions, it was so beautifully moody. The lunar glow reflected spectacularly off of the chromatic reflections of the bay. Like classic psychedelics, this substance produces more mild visual effects. Everything is traditionally shiny.

It's a very lucid trip. No push, even insufflated. Minimal body load. I had muscle tremors in my hamstrings for a bit, as a laid on my back staring at the stars. Breathing came very easy, and overall it feels like a therapeutic bath. Relaxation comes naturally on this substance.

Post peak, it felt almost like a roll. I have to admit, my best friend and I find that Tryptamines tend give MDMA roll like effects nowadays. One time, my partner combined sublingual harmalas on the tail end of a 4-Aco-DMT, with a definitive rushing, rolling feeling. But that's a story for another time.

This evening was spent out in a park that borders a bay, with green fields, palm trees, and a few scattered beaches. It's a Saturday night, and downtown is popping. People are drawn to the town center, and this waterside park goes mostly unnoticed.

My mind was recently weighed down by a verbal conflict with my father, but relieved that I had sent an apologetic text message. Heavy, but clear.

I am a healthy, athletic 29 year old male with about a decade of experience with psychedelics. I have tripped on LSD(LSD, ALD-52, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, 1P-LSD) over 100 times, tryptamines(mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET,4-Aco-MET, 4-HO-EPT, DMT), close to 100 if not 100 times. I have some experience with harmala alkaloid extracts. My body doesn't seem to like the two phenylethylamines I have tried, 2-CB, and bk-2-CB (lol what was a I thinking? 20hr trips... I played soccer on it once, and beasted out though. hahaa).

I've done MDMA, MDA, Cannabis, of course. I've tried Xanax, Cocaine, Percocets, and Oxys. One time I tried Robitussin. Now I despise Alcohol.

Ketamine was pretty cool, and I feel slightly drawn to it. But now I prefer the more physically healthy feeling tryptamines more than anything, even LSD. I don't do anything but Tryptamines, Cannabis, LSD, and Harmalas. I won't do Kava or Kratom. I stick with stuff that gives me sufficient afterglow.

4-HO-EPT feels cleansing, healing, enlightening. Its like meditation in powder form. It won't throw you into another dimension, at least not at 25mg, but it will heal you and gently guide you towards your better self.

4-Aco-DMT, still remains my favorite. Nothing has the same power, pound for pound.

4-HO-EPT, feels useful, in a separate way. It's more functional and forgiving. Its "chill", but still feels like a reset.

A reset without the flairs.

It has combined nicely with 4-Aco-DMT (26mg 4-Aco-DMT, 24mg 4-HO-EPT | What a trip! I had full body tremors!)

It also combined very nicely with 4-HO-MET at low doses, very social, giddy, and relaxed.

These substance seem most interesting to me now, on their own. I want to feel the full unfettered character of each substance, especially these rare tryptamines and lysergamides.

One of these days, I will even combine 4-HO-EPT with DMT. Has anyone done that yet???

I tried 4-HO-EPT again recently. I only took a little over 40mg but it the effects were stronger than I expected. I had tripped the previous day, which may have made the trip more intense. I never get a tolerance from psychedelics, and even seem to get a reverse tolerance. This trip felt as strong as another time when I took 60mg. Then I smoked some weed, which I don't do very often, and it got overwhelmingly intense for a while.

There were a few notable differences from my previous trips with 4-HO-EPT. This time, it took a lot longer for me to feel the full effects and it also seemed to last longer. I was tripping for at least 8 hours and still felt some minor effects for quite a bit longer than that. It also felt more fully psychedelic. The weed is probably what helped bring out the full trippiness. I was really impressed by the visuals. Everything was covered in flowing geometric patterns and colors were rich and intensely vibrant. I mentioned before that I didn't notice any pupil dilation the first time I tried it, but my pupils were quite dilated this time.

This was the first time I took it with other people. It's a nice drug for a solo trip, but I see now that it's even better with other people around. The calmness and clarity of the headspace really makes it easy to be comfortable and open with people. I think it would be really valuable psychedelic for use in therapy.

While the trip started out overwhelmingly unpleasant, overall it was great experience that solidified my opinion of 4-HO-EPT as being one of the most worthwhile psychedelics. It also makes me want to start smoking weed more often when I trip because it can really take things to the next level.

Yeah I don't always smoke weed anymore when I trip just because of how much more intense it makes it.

I have yet to try any of the EPTs. I have tried MPT and 4-HO-MPT and they're both pretty great, quite unique from other tryptamines too.

I want to try something new today, and I've settled on this, I'm going on a hike with my girlfriend and decided on 40mg orally, but ended up with 42 and since that's a great number, I stuck with it. Will be leaving soon after a bit of food, and I'll take notes and write a report later. :)

I tripped twice on 4-HO-EPT, really enjoyed it both times, a worthwhile tryptamine for sure, I took around 50mg both times which seemed to be a good level

I'm writing a TR, it's been good, interesting drug. Really intense energy to it

Just posted my TR on this:

My homie intranasally did 25mg of 4-ho-met before also intranasally doing 10 mg of 4-ho-EPT, he then did another 5 mg of EPT for good messure. He had an incredible time and felt its a whole different thing even compared to a 70mg 4-ho-met dosage.

Just curious to read if anyone else has trierd that combination or similar

Nope, never combined those. I've only taken 4-HO-EPT the one time I wrote about in the report I linked. Which I just re-read. I'm awfully glad I have written so many reports, I would forget a lot of stuff if I didn't write it down. :) It's nice to somewhat re-live experiences from time to time.

Just posted my TR on this:

Wow,I'd never be able to take a hike on 4HO-EPT. I tried it between 20-50mg and for me and my gf it's just couch stuff, looking at our garden/the sky. This is the case for me with most 4ho-tryptamines though. I find LSD and DOC suit me better as hiking drugs, although they have a lot longer duration of course.
3,5 hours after the peak I was back in every possible way and I found myself in the car getting some pizza.

I do feel, like you, its a gentle tryptamine with not too much visuals. Although 50mg had the floor swirling like only Tryptamines can do it.

For me its very meditative, relaxing and in no way conceptually challenging.

Love it and think its a very good introduction to tripping.