View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-P Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
overwhelming? sometimes, but not often. distracting? jittery? certainly not. not in my opinion. the one issue I had with 2c-p body wise, was my chest being tight, and not being able to breathe well in the early hours of the trip. I find it relaxing, but at the same time very energetic, I kinda tend to feel like there's a current waving through me, it feels amazing. however, regardless of the energy, I feel it's very easy to lay back, relax, and stare at the kaleidescope that is my ceiling

I think your summary here is a very good description of 2c-p regarding my experience with body load, visuals and the whole tight chest. Hopefully planning to get some of this in soon with to experiment some more!

I have given adivice on this one before............but I feel the need to say more :)
Watch your doses carefully....very carefully. This one feels like an estranged dad of 2c-e...colder in a way you won't understand until you are fully embraced in the experience. Start out low, very low and work your way up. IMO it is an unforgiving chemical that isn't meant for newcomers. The body load was worse than 2c-e, like a static electricity running through you that activates things we can't even begin to understand. Moral of the story...tread lightly :)

Tight chest, static electricity... that doesn't sound so great to me.

And no worries... I have no plans to take more than 3mg my first time... 2mg if I can get the scale to register it (GemPro250 - very accurate scale but doesn't USUALLY pick up such a slight difference - but that's what putting powder in capsules is for).

I took 10mg for my first time and although it was very intense I was fine, slightly overwhelmed at most. I wouldn't call myself one of the most experienced trippers in the world either so I think as long as you go in with a positive head you'll be fine, my mind wasn't as warped as it could become on the likes of LSD.

Regarding dosing, how expensive a scale is required? Would a cheap scale not be accurate enough? Also how simple is it to put 10mg into a capsule and what size capsule should be used? - Planning to dose myself next time.

I would recommend at least a GemPro 250 for this particular chem if not an Acculab VIC-123 (I hate the latter scale though... drifts quite quickly)

Really? I didn't know such precise scales where necessary, expensive also. I thought any 0.001 scales would have been sufficient, I'm just looking to weigh out 10mg doses. If it ends up like this I may purchase scales to weigh the total (e.g. 400mg) then dose in water.

Really? I didn't know such precise scales where necessary, expensive also. I thought any 0.001 scales would have been sufficient, I'm just looking to weigh out 10mg doses. If it ends up like this I may purchase scales to weigh the total (e.g. 400mg) then dose in water.

The GemPro 250 is about 166 bucks and is WELL worth the investment. I really like mine and it is extremely accurate. If you can afford the chems, you can afford a decent scale.

Let's put it this way... if you can afford the chems you can't afford to pass up a decent scale. Remember that 16mg has been called an overdose... a physical disaster... I've seen those cheap scales be off by up to 5mg...

for 2c-p i'd recommend liquid measurement for anyone that doesn't have access to a reliable 0.001g scale. I also like being able to increase my dosages by fractions of a mg, which, short of dropping a grand+ on a scale, can only be done with liquid measurement.

If you must use a cheap scale do inverse subtractive weighing.

So say you want 10 lots of 10 (100 all in all out of your e.g.400)....

-Weigh what your acquired starting amount,
-Then weigh out 100.
-Then CHECK that your starting amount weighs 100 less than it did at the start e.g. 300. This way you can get a vague idea how accurate the 100 was.

-Once you have your 100, do the same again, weigh out say a couple of10mg, then check the 100 is now down by that much.

for 2c-p i'd recommend liquid measurement for anyone that doesn't have access to a reliable 0.001g scale. I also like being able to increase my dosages by fractions of a mg, which, short of dropping a grand+ on a scale, can only be done with liquid measurement.

You can get old analytical microgram balances on eBay for under 100 dollars. If I had known this before I ordered my second GP250, I would have gone that route instead... though the portability of the GP makes it a lot more discreet than a laboratory balance... The accuracy would be nice though.

This one for example. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mettler-Toledo-...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a5e521631#ht_500wt_1154

emember that 16mg has been called an overdose... a physical disaster....

I am not advokating doing a lot of this stuff without starting out low and building up.

But

This is a bit a potentially miss leading comment that keeps being brandished about every time anyone mentions 2c-p

PiHKAL said:
There was one report of an experience in which a single dosage of 16 mg was clearly an overdose, with the entire experiment labeled a physical disaster, not to be repeated

So just one second hand report. from just one person.

Actually there was a guy in this very thread who confirmed 16mg was definitely an overdose - even thought he died a few times... so no its not just that one quote.

Anyone any idea on how reliable the likes of Ebay would be for these kinds of 0.001 scales for cheaper? Would it be better to search for a specific name/brand - could anyone give me some? Thanks.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8016655&postcount=186

I pretty much agree with wombat66, I don't think 16mg is anything heroic or necessarily dangerous/reckless. I've dosed 13-14mg and never once noticed anything remotely close to a "physical disaster", in fact it was the best 2C-P trip I've ever had. I don't think the 2-3mg I was missing would have done it either. The infamous PIHKAL 16mg disaster seems entirely psychosomatic to me.

Actually there was a guy in this very thread who confirmed 16mg was definitely an overdose - even thought he died a few times... so no its not just that one quote.

I'm going to go ahead and say, I came down from a 16mg 2c-p trip only about 12 hours ago and it was by no fuckin means an overdose. was it intense? hell yes. was the body load absurdly bad at times? fuck yes. Will I be doing 16mg again? you fucking bet I will.

Fan-fucking-tastic. NOT an overdose. some people simply can't handle the intensity of the physical aspect of 2c-p it seems. but the opinions of a few should not scare so many people into thinking 16mg is an overdose.

Please go to trip reports and find the reports where a bluelight member took 70mg of 2c-p by accident. then took 80mg again 6 days later due to vendor mixing up the bags.

16mg is not going to kill you. it's not an overdose, it's simply overwhelming

If you're going to be taking this substance you need to know your body and know your mind. Of course most of all, know your limits

Cool, lets throw out the entire philosophy of Bluelight, hard reduction, because some people have had crazy doses and been fine.

Cool, lets throw out the entire philosophy of Bluelight, hard reduction, because some people have had crazy doses and been fine.

Now, let's keep in mind that harm reduction is by no means the full views of bluelight, in reality bluelight is here to give people facts so they can make educated decisions. And the fact of the matter is that to some people 16mg is too much to handle, and to others 16mg is an amazing dose. You cannot simply say that 16mg is an overdose and be done with it, you can't simply spew out things such as someone thought they had a heart attack, sorry but let's keep in mind they were tripping HARD. I personally take my blood pressure and heart rate during trips, and there's nothing to indicate my heart is going to fail, though I wont say it didn't feel like it at times.

Calling 16mg an overdose is silly simply because some people find it overwhelming. a lot of people would think 500+mcg of LSD is far too much for them to handle, but for me that's where things get interesting. Nobody is running around telling me that 500mcg of LSD is an overdose.

if you're going for harm reduction and bluelight philosophy then you need to state the facts: Some people find 16mg to be overwhelming and too much to take, while others do not. plain and simple.

Once again: know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.