• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-FLY-NBOMe Thread

That would be an interesting surprise, I personally doubt that this would be the case: with N-benzylation you create a rather selective 5-HT2A agonist and I think the empathogenic 2C-B-FLY sort of effects are likely to be thanks to effects on other receptors like other serotonergic ones, maybe a monoamine transporter, who knows (let me look that up)?

I do admit this doesn't explain some of the NBOMe's being reminiscent of their parent compounds in peculiar ways but still... Seems better to let go of analogies with the parent compound.
At low doses aren't other NBOMe's gentle?
With the longer duration you may very well be right because metabolism is being inhibited for a part. On the other hand, these are not known to bind to the 5-HT2A for extremely long times like acid so NBOMe's may just still distribute over the body and bind to plasma protein, tissues, etc. PCP has long duration too though despite being lipophilic, and low dosage, so yeah could be.

Inc: it is not about administering a dose consistently but having it absorb consistently. If BA is all over the place for a ROA what good is the consistency of your ROA?

Yes. I see what you mean, and you're right of cause. I guess I was kind of hoping, this one would come out as a safer version of the well-known NBOMe's. But we'll probably not know until some one OD's on it. (not that I'm hoping some one will) :p

I'm thinking of making a solution of 10mg/mL, and using an oral syringe to drip .1mL into each nostril

D'oh! I meant 1mg/mL for 100ug per .1mL. Just in case anyone was concerned about me. :D

Please triple check your math and work when you prepare your solution Xorkoth! It's too easy to make this kind of mistake, I didn't even notice when you wrote that out the first time. Order of magnitude mistakes are probably half the reason these NBOMes have been such a disaster.

Yeah it was a typo, but I surely will be careful and triple check.

So.... to the person who tried this, and anyone else who might have tried this - how did you dissolve it? I have just now tried dissolving my sample in 12mL of water and 13mL of vodka (to give around 20% alcohol concentration) and it does not appear to be dissolving, or at least not much. After 10 minutes of constant shaking, there are still flakes of it all over the place in there, although the solution does smell very strongly of a chemical. I'm wondering if it just takes time to dissolve? Or is it not soluble? That would make this a lot more difficult to work with. I can of course evaporate the liquid to retrieve my substance, but I'd like to figure out how I can get this into solution. I can always try dosing sublingually instead of nasally if I need to use something like PG.

Last edited:
Assuming even that you have the salt and not the freebase, it needs to be like pure everclear, not 20% alcohol. And even then it's a question of whether it dissolves since it seems to be more lipophilic than the other NBOMe's. But, since tokakai (sp?) apparently successfully made a nose spray solution, apparently something does work which is safe to ingest.

Otherwise you might be looking at PG or starting with a tiny bit of DMSO and further dissolving that solution but I would not want to insufflate that! And I hope you don't have to salt it, although that wouldn't be a huge disaster... I kind of doubt that there are both the salt and freebase in circulation but who knows.

Okay this is weird now. So I used an empty St John's Wort tincture bottle as it's almost the exact size I need for the volume of liquid. I washed it well but I'm thinking maybe not enough. The flakes floating around in there now are dark brown, the same color as the tincture was. But, the liquid is clear or maybe extremely mildly tinted. It smells like a chemical. I'm wondering if the flakes are from the tincture residues? The tincture had a 65-75% alcohol concentration. It's either that, or the 2C-B-fly-NBOMe turned into the color of the tincture due to coming in contact with old tincture (I think it was up in the cap where I missed cleaning some out, and it had crusted in there), or it degraded more or less instantly. But I'm not sure because the 2C-B-fly-NBOMe came out of the package as basically a paper-thin sheet of powder that broke into flakes that look a lot like the flakes swimming around in my solution, except they were white/off-white, not dark brown.

:\ Looks like I'm shelving this experiment for tonight... I mean I could try dosing what I was going to, because maybe the flakes are not dissolved and it will be inactive... but maybe it did degrade instantly upon trying to be put into solution? I dunno, I just assumed water and alcohol would work but I guess not (or maybe it did work and I have flakes of tincture residue floating in there). Grr, wish I had had a different container. But the rest of my little bottles are used for DOX solutions already and this was the only one I could find.

I know you guys can't really tell me anything. Not sure how I'm going to proceed. Evap the liquid? It will contain probably some tincture solids which are just St John's wort and just traces anyway. But also, not sure how to dose this now.

I found a place where there was encrusted brown crap up near the cap, I carefully got some on my finger and held it on my tongue. Absolutely no flavor except the faintest trace of floweriness, so I really don't think it's the NBOMe. And it is indeed not dissolving in the liquid. Of course this NBOMe could be different, but I know the 25x-NBOMe series tastes extremely bitter and numbs the mouth. I'm now thinking it went into solution and these flakes are the tincture residue that can't dissolve. Wish I knew for sure though.

Yeah PG is propylene glycol.

Last edited:
Also ~30ug of the solution (approx 0.03mL, hard to be precise on the hundredths markings but under .05mL) squirted into my mouth does taste bitter, not strongly so but just the same...

Sounds to me like the flakes are probably from the tincture. Whatever was in there before could have crashed out in your 20% solution causing the the flakes. You could always dilute further with ethanol until everything is fully dissolved and try again. Just keep track of how much so you get the dose right! ;)

The other gunk may reduce the solubility of the drug further as it has to compete for the st john's wort gunk which by the way seems like a terrible impurity to have in something like this.. :\ For interactions and to put in your nose...
The discoloration must be from the SJW gunk but it may still very well be the 2C-B-FLY-NBOMe you are seeing with some added discoloration from the SJW gunk since it's normal for NBOMe's to require very high purity alcohol to dissolve - this won't be an exception.
Things like hyperforin aren't really soluble in water either and if it would have dissolved surely your solution would be discolored so i guess it's both flaking.

I would evap, scrape what's left in there to make flaky powder and try to dissolve in pure alcohol. Unfortunately you won't know wtf is going on with how much 2C-B-FLY-NBOMe is dissolving. You could try to do a limited solution and leave some stuff in there, hope that you have relatively more 2C-B-FLY-NBOMe and titrate it assuming that it's all in there... or dissolve it all in alcohol but you will have the SJW impurities.

It may not surprise you that I'm saying this but if I were you I would dump it. The combination of the novelty of 2C-B-FLY-NBOMe, the unknowns about whether it's all there or you have lost a part during this process and the addition of St. John's Wort make this a lost cause in my book. Then again, not sure how potent that tincture was but the gunk in the cap may have suffered evaporation of the alcohol, concentrating it.

Yeah, gotta say I sketched myself out a bit tonight. From the little ~30ug test plus the tasting of the flakes, I definitely felt something above placebo. It never really got very strong at all, but I am certain it was a real effect. I felt a psychedelic twinge and a definite body effect, I was sweating slightly and my heart rate went slightly up, although I was also a little nervous since I was feeling something while expecting I had only ingested 30ug initially. I was intending on having a little bit of a trippy mindstate for working on mixing our EP, lots of repeated intense listening, so I ended up taking 30mg of 2C-C I brought with me, an hour and a half or so later after I was sure it wasn't going to develop beyond that very light effect. Ended up having a wonderful night, I had an interesting insight into my personality which was unexpected but illuminating. And we got a lot done too.

But, don't do what I did. That was dumb.

The part that bugs me is, I don't even know if it dissolved all the way or not so I really don't know how much I took. I'm not really too concerned with trace SJW impurities, I mean it has to be such a tiny amount. The bottle was clean, but up in the cap there was still some gunk. But it was gunk left from a really tiny amount of tincture that had been sitting in the bottle for like a year. I'm tempted to keep it and try to evaporate and re-dissolve.

By the way I had the 30ug sublingually and the gunk was on my tongue so also sublingual ultimately, I didn't spit it out after I licked it off my finger. I'm thinking if I experiment further with it, it will be sublingual too, not nasal. Unless it degraded somehow, I couldn't have lost more than a few hundred ug, so I think if it gets re-dissolved, it should still be reliable to dose. If anything it would be lower, not higher.

Careful bro, make damn sure you don't get a hot pocket like some solid particle containing like 1+ mg of this stuff. And if you proceed and share more about your experiences, please add a sidenote about tolerance I figure you have?

Titrating a novel one like this, even if it is no more unsafe than something like 25C should be done without issues of interactions, other things making your metabolism variable or trying to fit it into casual tripping habits imo. Take the shulgin approach to minimize risks.

I wouldn't say I have tolerance in particular right now actually, I have been taking a psychedelic about once every 2 weeks on average.

Yeah agreed. Probably going to give this up as a loss, unfortunately. :\ Hope someone else posts something about it soon, it's been around for a bit now and I can't find anything anywhere except for the report earlier in this thread. Nothing about solubility either.

2C-B-FLY is apparently more soluble in water than 2C-B.. somehow... the NBOMe moiety likely makes it more lipophilic but otoh the quantities involved are sleight...

Still, with the uncertainty involved and the aforementioned stuff I'd say that is a good call. If you are super curious get some more and do it right. I might be on the overly cautious side but some gambles are really not worth it. nuf said

Ah, too bad you didn't have a clean vial to work with... that would have made things a lot easier. :\

Yeah, well it sucks because I really thought it was clean, but I didn't realize that when I took the dropper glass pipette out of the cap, it would leave so much residue. Just didn't occur to me, the rest of the vial was spotless.

Oh well, live and learn... :\

Why not just buy some more man? I'm not trying be a dick or anything but it is super cheap per dose and without getting too specific here it would be around ~25$. Seems like a good investment if you truly like 2cb-Fly Imo. I would just bite the bullet and get it but I have never had 2cb- fly yet so I can't compare it......
Anyway I hope some here is gonna report this at a -500ug dose.