• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOH Thread

I never said I didn't develop a drastic tolerance, I totally did, it's still not back to the way it used to be, years later. Though now I can trip again (I couldn't REALLY trip after that type of abuse, except every so often I'd have a real trip, mostly it was just like no matter how much I took it was like a low-dose type of experience. I kept doing it because I love low-dose psychedelic experiences as day-enhancers, so it was still doing for me what I was trying to do with it).

I will say though I still got very satisfactory effects from many things, AMT, DOC, tryptamines. I would also take 2C-Xs but the tolerance for those would raise more than for the other things I mentioned and I would really just get a warm glow and buzz.

Thanks for sharing, this is intriguing info. I wonder why 2C-X type of compounds were more tolerance provoking than DOC and tryptamines in your experience, given that both are partial agonists and of more or less the same duration..

It was more like they were affected the most by my tolerance, rather than they themselves causing the most tolerance. Most likely DOC and AMT produced the most tolerance in me. Feels that way anyway. Especially DOC.

Now the NBOMes/NBOHs seem to produce far and away more tolerance than any of the other classes we typically encounter.

This can make your blood pressure get a bit too high at doses over 1mg, so don't push it too hard with this one, especially if you smoke tobacco.

Maybe I just need to exercise more and stop smoking tho, I have slightly high bp anyways, but this leaves it up for a couple days afterwards on high doses. One blotter of this stuff is perfect imo maybe one and a half, for whatever you want to do. If you respond well to this, its very friendly. Just don't get too friendly with it and see how high you can take it before it sucks, very steep dosage curve.

I noticed an increase in heart rate, but it was negligible. It is my understanding that all phenethylamines and their derivatives increase sympathethic output, resulting in BP, HR, and body temperature elevation...

Had my first go at 25i NBOH tonight and it may be my favourite psychedelic ever.
Ordered 3 1mg 'complexed' (if someone could clue me in to what that means I'd appreciate it) tabs and got send a strip of 5; that's twice this vendor has given me freebies.

So tonight I got one and a half blotters and chopped them up as fine as I could, popped them into a shot glass, added 1ml of water and 1ml vodka, stirred, left to sit for ten minutes then drew it up into a syringe and plugged it (rectal). I'd read that this might be extremely intense so I'd preloaded with 4mg etizolam to ease the come up. However after 20 minutes I wasn't feeling much, concerned that the NBOH may be in it's freebase form I plugged again, this time using citrated water.
Fifteen minutes after this I was still only experiencing threshold effects so I took the other half blotter buccally
It would seem that 25i NBOH is rather moreish and I ended up taking one more blotter buccally, putting my total up to 3mg. Though I've a feeling that making a rectal solution may have failed and that I only got a 1.5mg dose.

Nonetheless 25i NBOH is a very visual compound, though in a different way to acid; looking at high def Alex Gray renders on a TV screen didn't invoke much visual magic, but looking at the actual canvas paintings I have in my house brought vast colour change, change in cloud formations and it brought me back to one of my favourite acid trips that I'd had in an art gallery. It should also be noted that it doesn't have much of the 'LSD headspace' which has led to some people saying that NBOxx compounds are nothing but eye candy, they couldn't be more wrong. As I went out into my back yard and sat out looking up at the stars I felt a sense of oneness with the universe that felt rather similar to my experiences with MDMA. I feel that this would be a great compound to take at a rave, possibly with a bit of MDMA (though I have to point out that this would be risky).

With this I experienced much less negative symptoms than I would with LSD, AL-LAD, or LSZ; nausea was nonexistant; I was actually able to eat a whole meal while tripping, something I've never been able to do with anything else. I experienced no cramps, no racing heart rate, no severe vasoconstriction.

Sounds like a great experience. I guess you ordered these from the same vendor that I did (also received 5 in place of 3). Complexed means that the 25I-NBOH freebase was attached to HPBCD, a cyclodextrin. This is to make normally hydrophobic 25I more water soluble. In theory, this should enhance absorption. Why the rectal administration did not work is enigmatic to me, though...

It may have worked, I was just expecting to plug myself into space and that just didn't happen so I went ahead and took another 1.5mg, staggered over the course of an hour; this most definitely sent me into visual heaven; though no overly profound visuals that I've heard people describe here; like eyes coming out of the walls. Maybe next week I'll start with 2mg buccal and take it up to 3mg if I can handle it.
I don't know why NBOxx compounds get such a bad rep, I feel fine today actually less drained than had I tripped on acid instead. I know the lack of an acid headspace can mean you don't get any wonderful and meaningful insights and I guess this would be the biggest complaint about NBOxx compounds (especially if they were sold to you as LSD) but if you know what you're getting you can definitely make it enjoyable, the lack of body load toward the end of a trip means you can easily sit down and play computer games until it wears off, whereas with LSD I'd probably vomit then lie in bed until I fell asleep.
25i NBOH definitely warrants further research and I'll happily volunteer as a lab rat; next time I'd like to try it at a social gathering, it felt somewhat empty having it all alone.

PS: The blotters I had were white prints of cherries on them despite their site's image showing darker blotters with a triangle around the outside and a design inside the triangle, this should help you figure out if you go them from the same place as I did. It's also worth noting that these blotters were small, people talk about NBOxx blotter being huge; these were pretty damn small, if I had a blotter with some lucy on it laying around I'd be able to give a direct comparison, though if they are larger it's not by much.

Last edited:
I would advise against going further than 2 mg though, 2 blotters felt like I really overdid it bodyload-wise. But considering that you were physically fine on 1.5mg buccally, I guess a 0.5 mg increment would not make you regret taking two. Still though, 3 mg sounds like asking for trouble if you ask me.
P.S. My blotters also came with the cherry print and were exactly the same size of some lucy blotters I dreamed of recently. Personally I am surprised how they can carry 1 mg of the stuff, being that tiny...

I was pretty surprised too though 1mg should fit on a pinhead I'm sure it could easily absorb into a tiny bit of blotter. Makes you wonder why they put it on larger blotter then, maybe just a less experienced chemist or a *dons tinfoil hat* global conspiracy to make us think our tiny little blotters definitely contain lsd.

I can see your worry about me taking 3mg all in one go, assuming plugging failed (though the comeup may have been longer than anticipated and it may have indeed worked) I had a dose of 1.5mg last night; that last 1.5 was in .5mg increments spaced out by about 20 minute intervals. If I plan to go to 3mg buccally I'll probably dose 1.5-2mg first then titrate my dose up from there in .5 increments after 40 minutes from the first dose then with 20 min intervals for consecutive doses.
I'll be sure to keep plenty of sedatives and antiemetics handy, as well as dark chocolate, which works wonders for vascular issues.
If all goes well a second time I'll probably bring some of this to defqon 1 with me, the clear headspace combined with the energy music gives me on it (had to get my poi out of storage) would make 25I NBOH a great candidatte for a festival in a foreign and strange land, whereas lysergamides might invoke an introverted response I can see 25I NBOH being a great entactogen/empathogen.

I can definitely see how 25I would suit the festival well. On the other hand, lysergamides typically make me inclined to crawl in bed and writhe both physically and mentally, not my piece of cake.
It seems to me that had you taken 1.5mg buccally in one go, rather than spaced, the effects would have been stronger, given that the tolerance develops that rapidly. Also something to consider when going further ;)

I can definitely see how 25I would suit the festival well. On the other hand, lysergamides typically make me inclined to crawl in bed and writhe both physically and mentally, not my piece of cake.
It seems to me that had you taken 1.5mg buccally in one go, rather than spaced, the effects would have been stronger, given that the tolerance develops that rapidly. Also something to consider when going further ;)

Indeed.

Are you sure? I'd have thought that being spaced so rapidly and still being under the influence of the drug tolerance would be negligible. I could understand tolerance being an issue if re-dosing when coming down, though I was under the impression that the receptors had to be active for a significant amount of time before they start building tolerance, which is why tolerance is rarely observed with things such as DMT, which have such a short duration that tolerance simply won't build, unless it's used multiple times in a short space of time. I would figure that spacing out 25i doses over an hour or so would just lessen the (apparently intense) comeup while not having a huge effect on tolerance.
I may be completely wrong as my understanding of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics is much greater in the areas of opiates and benzodiazepines (I'm currently on a maintenance programme using subutex and am using psychedelics as a tool alongside the subutex, they seem to be working quite well; cravings are down significantly since I started tripping every week or so) but as I understand receptors have to be in an abnormal 'on' state for some time before the body thinks "hey something's not quite right here, I better start altering the way this works to reach homeostasis" whereas in the case of a dose being titrated up rather rapidly the body doesn't get a chance to make this response.

Feel free to call me a total idiot as I'm just taking what I know from other stuff and applying it to something completely different, though if I am completely wrong I'd love to have it explained to me why I'm wrong and what exactly is going on in my head, I don't mind if this just means you link me a 100 page PDF and tell me to read through, I'm not picky.

I am, too, just speculating, and currently can't provide any legit scientific reference. But from personal experience it appears that with psychedelics one is better off consuming the desired dose at once than spreading it out. It is my understanding that tolerance start to develop immediately, as soon as the agonist hits the serotonin receptor. A very unscientific parallel can be drawn with booze-the relative effects of the first shot are much greater than the relative (not cumulative) effects of the 5th shot. This is because by the time one drinks the 5th, the body is already counteracting the effects of ethanol, making subsequent ingestion less and less efficient high-wise. The same concept applies to psychedelics, with exception that here the tolerance is much, much more pronounced...The sole exception I can recall is ayahuasca, when one can imbibe cup after cup and get higher and higher, with each subsequent cup being not weaker, but probably stronger effect-wise than the previous one. This is probably due to a MAOI buildup, though.
Also one thing to mention is experience. The more experienced one gets with psychedelics, the more efficient one's body becomes at diminishing the effects of the latter...So once you get your brain a hint of a substance (say, half of a blotter) it immediately starts taking preventive measures as to remain in homeostasis, and subsequent doses will be met with much greater resistance. I guess it is something akin to...cellular memory? Of course, all these ramblings are pure speculation and I might be completely wrong...just speaking from personal experience :)

Also one thing to mention is experience. The more experienced one gets with psychedelics, the more efficient one's body becomes at diminishing the effects of the latter...So once you get your brain a hint of a substance (say, half of a blotter) it immediately starts taking preventive measures as to remain in homeostasis, and subsequent doses will be met with much greater resistance. I guess it is something akin to...cellular memory? Of course, all these ramblings are pure speculation and I might be completely wrong...just speaking from personal experience :)

Well put, Afer. You are experienced.

well the blotters may or may not be unevenly doped, but what I have been finding from QUARTERS of 1200 microgram blotters done on every other day is that the effects are frequently stronger than expected:

eg
● thursday night 6 hours after taking, the lights of the street and traffic were still affected intensely as if seen through a diffraction grating
● then saturday after noon 6 hours after taking, I was still tweaking - I had been studying some technical specs and dojo/less code of an existing eclipse project for hours.

It seems to me that the active site binding at this dosage, permits recovery of the receptive system within 48 hours which combined with other factors suggests:
● the population of distributed binding sites for 25inboh at a dosage of 300 micrograms is more than adequately available after 2 days due to biophysical repair of the previously bound (and probably damaged) sites or to the availability of other distributed binding sites that have not been damaged or consumed.
● after a 5 days enough receptors are available for an LSD trip (i.e. fully recovered).
● incremental dosing affects the binding sites (causes a longer recovery time - i.e. more days required to be receptive to effects) but does not significantly produce stronger effects - ●● suggesting that the binding site activation triggers another systemic effect that has it's own maximum intensity and homeostasis and recovery/regeneration cycle ●●

This is a good point, pupnik. Perhaps recovery time is indeed shorter if the dosages are kept lower. I am still surprised that you noticed affects when taking the tabs every other day though, that sounds like a lightning fast recovery. Which is in striking contrast to the NBOME series, when a 2 week long waiting period is in order for the effects to manifest. Substituting the methyl group for a hydrogen indeed played a huge impact regarding the tolerance, or so it seems...

I think I am just not using up the receptor population even with 3 1/4 tab sessions per week.

there is a compound - visual purple, which helps us see in the dark aka Rhodopsin.
when the lights come on it dissipates and takes time to regenerate.

I think there is one missing link in the psychedelic effect that is ike visual purple, more like mental purple,
and when the receptors are engaged they stimulate the mental purple, but cannot re-stimulate at the same rate even if there are plenty of receptors left over.

that would help explain why redosing works poorly
i.e. a homeostatic mental purple production shut down for 24 hours

You are on 25i right now, aren't you? :) You aren't using as much as I was using.

I would use 2mg, approx 2x a week.

I get what you are saying about the purple.

Personally, I've been doing this at half a blotter (so~500ug) every other day for a little over a month now. I can say that if I go and attempt a higher dose, its a bit stunted compared to some of my first experiments, and it affects the next trip I take by stunting that too, but I still trip balls if I take 1.5+ tabs, its just not quite as nuts, which isn't a terrible thing for me. I greatly enjoy thus at a.low dose, it.provides incredible clarity of mind and generally enhances everyday life by making everything seem significant enough to not just discard. I also experience a level of nerve pain relief that nothing but half an oz of shrooms has ever given me, and its way nicer to deal with lol.

I'd have to say that this drug has nowhere near the nbome tolerance, which ive only recently had to deal with, ruining my low dosing experiments nearly a week after a single hit . This is just a friendlier drug overall compared to the nbome, way less body load, clearer minded, and a more manageable duration, and the effects are only marginally weaker. Even at high doses, it doesn't feel too bad, and the comedowns are way nicer than on the nbome. For me, at this stage of life, this substance is very ideal. I'd still rather have some real acid tho... I wish I didn't have to dive deep into the deepweb to find it tho... or use bitcoins... Yet another reason that these nboh's are worth my time lol. Way way cheaper too.

Is there any data out there on things like metabolites (active and otherwise), neruotoxicity, or anything along those lines? I won't be too sad if that's a no, since its so new, but I haven't seen more than one paper that references this stuff, and id be very interested in reading something scholorly about it. Not that chatting about random theories with you folks ain't fun, I just like to read.