• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOH Thread

A darker side to 25I NBOH

Took another dose of 25I NBOH yesterday afternoon; 1.7mg (or as close to 1.7mg as a 1ml syringe will let me measure) nasally, this time without any benzos. Before dosing I'd a vague worry that, (despite only taking etizolam for 6 days and not experiencing any sort of withdrawal effect other than very mild rebound insomnia), the NBOH might precipitate a seizure. As I started to come up this worry was amplified into a very dark and uncomfortable two hours. I'll do my best to explain them:

+ 00 - Squirted the 1.7mg of NBOH dissolved in vodka up my nose; it burned like hell and seemed to go everywhere, some running out of my other nostril. I'd recommend dosing liquids rectally from now on; I'm convinced it will be much less uncomfortable.

+15 - First alerts are apparent, dilated pupils along with jaw clenching appear; I try to watch the Transformers animated movie but end up giving up after 5-10 minutes, it just seemed much too loud and confusing. I put on aphex twin and watched the planet visualiser on the PS3 in the hope that it would calm me down.

+30 - I'm fully tripping now and it's not at all comfortable, I've got bucketloads of nausea along with immensely powerful OEVs, my skin seems to feel electric all over. I get up to try and drink some water and the nausea starts to overpower me.

+35 - I've entered a state of almost complete dysphoria, I manage to get myself up the stairs and curl up in bed; I close the curtains to try to blot out all external light and uncomfortable stimuli. After ten minutes the nausea gets unbearable, I run out to the bathroom and throw up what looks and tastes exactly like blood, I manage to put this down to the fact that I was tripping; there was no pharmacological reason for me to be vomiting blood. After flushing the vomit I went back to bed.

+50 - As I become accustomed to the state of almost complete sensory deprivation I begin to get the most vivid and amazing visuals in the blackness; at first they're completely sodden with my feelings of fear and panic and consisted of me having an out-of-body experience looking down on myself while looking an awful lot like the guy in the Alex Grey 'bad trip' picture. After twenty minutes of ego-consuming thought and terror the experience changed abruptly; I got a feeling that some benevolent presence was trying to help me overcome the feelings of fear and can remember thinking "You've no benzos to cheat the trip with, how are you going to make this better; you have to fix things yourself." after this the visuals changed very rapidly and were reminiscent of the animation sequences in Pink Floyd's "The wall". I saw vast abandoned cities that took form out of fractals as if they were made of some sort of ferrofluid, nameless, faceless entities tried to communicate some sort of message of benevolence to me through this whole experience telepathically; at moments my whole life flashed before my eyes, at others I saw objects and things that defied all known laws of physics, none of it was especially pleasant nor was it unpleasant, it was as if something had me in it's grip and was trying to put as much information into my mind as quickly as possible. This continued for at least an hour and I saw things I can't explain in words and things I can barely comprehend in my own sober mind. I've never managed to break through on DMT despite taking large amounts of it so the only thing I can liken this to is an extremely bizarre experience on ketamine, which was also neither pleasant yet unpleasant.

+2:30 - I finally emerged from what must have been the peak and was able to get out of my bed and move into the light, the previous experience gave me a feeling of achievement, as if I'd accomplished a difficult task, as if I'd just climbed a mountain. While this two-hour peak was less pleasant than my last it was many times more rewarding and I came away feeling elated that I'd managed to work things out on my own; it was a hard but necessary lesson in self-sufficiency and changes my feelings about using benzos to abort a mildly uncomfortable trip. I move down to the living room and put the music back on and continue watching the visualiser on the PS3 for half an hour.

+3:00 - Getting bored of listening to music I fire up 'The Journey' on the PS3, which along with the amazing visualiser is one of the few things that make the PS3 more than an expensive Blu-Ray player. I'd definitely recommend that anyone with a PS3 buy it; it's something you can very easily play when tripping and is an all round brilliant experience while tripping. It acted as a catalyst to my abstract thought pattern and kept me thinking about things like gods, souls, artificial intelligence and time travel. I played the game through to the end, which took about two hours and enjoyed it just as much as the first time I played it.

+5:00 - Feeling somewhat worn out I move upstairs to watch TV and listen to music on the computer, I try to cook some steak but couldn't hold down more than one bite of it, the rest ends up going to the cat. I sit at the computer doing nothing in particular until I reach the 8 hour mark (~2330) after which I feel too shaken up and worn out to use the computer any more; I try to sleep despite feeling that this will be a futile attempt and manage to fall asleep within 40 minutes; a record time for me, especially after tripping. I'm usually up until 3-4 in the morning every night as I suffer from pretty bad insomnia. I wake up at 0700 and lie in bed thinking about last night's experience until about 0830-0900 after that I enjoy a few more hours of (somewhat broken) sleep up until 1630.

This experience, while not being the most pleasant has definitely re-defined 25I NBOH as a mainly visual psychedelic with little mental element to a potent psychedelic with mindfuck abilities that rival everything else I've tried. It's also brought me to the conclusion that difficult trips should not just be aborted because they are difficult, but the person tripping should isolate themselves and let them work things out on their own. If this fails to work after an hour or they show violent/self harming tendencies then benzos should be administered/help summoned as needed. Completing a hard task can be many times more rewarding than abandoning it, even if completing it causes marked distress. As for whether I felt the experience was good or bad; I'd rate it as a good experience, although very unnerving and mildly traumatic; I'd only rate a trip as bad if nothing of value was gained from it and I've a feeling that if I'd noped out of it with benzos I'd be here complaining about a 'bad trip' rather than a gloomy but rewarding experience.

This sounds like you had a rewarding experience. I am glad you are all right.

I have had dozens of 25X experiences and observed a similar level of unpredictability. Some were deep while others were shallow, this was independent of tolerance. As I worked out some of my unrelated physical problems the trips became more consistent. With less physical trouble I am still getting the same response every time. Shallow visuals without much euphoria and no mental depth. About 4-5 hours into the experience, once I start coming down, I begin to get a strong sweet taste in my mouth and a dopey euphoria. This progresses to physical complications. Apparent urinary retention, darker urine, wildly unstable blood presure inability to focus, mood swings, swelling, and a warm tight feeling in my liver. These symptoms resolve over about a week. This happens consistently with any hyper-selective 5ht2a agonist I use. Less selective chemicals don't cause this.

Why does this happen now and didn't happen the first two years I used these chemicals? Why do other people spontaneously have similar reactions? It obviously boils down to something dangerous most people don't consider. We might discover there is a race related factor. Maybe most Caucasians aren't susceptible to the negative effect, but if you give a high dose of one of these to a Chinese rice farmer you might kill them. Maybe something dietary or environmental is influencing how people respond.

I am avoiding hyper-selective 5ht2a agonist. The physical complications I get every time now and the fact I didn't respond the same way the two previous years has me feeling I am flirting with death.

Here are a couple reports of near fatalities from last month involving hyper-selective 5ht2a agonist.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24779864/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24770890/

Interesting report, Bropiate. About every other 25i-nboh experiment involves a mind-provoking experience, sometimes dark, dangerous, and frightening. I usually battle it out, like you -- Half of my consciousness is terrified, and effects me physically; the other half is always shouting out, often without acknowledgment "It's the chemical. It's the chemical." I've had situations where my voice drops three octaves, and I feel an evil presence in the room; I say a prayer and a formless pressure surrounds my body... Other times it's just the sensory stimuli; visuals, euphoria. Most of the time it's a little of both. I appreciate this chemical nonetheless. I have exhausted my supply, a few weeks ago. I'm thinking a six-month break is in order, although I find myself browsing for it often. If I had some, I would use it, but damn who has time to trip twice a week?

FunctionalOlfactio -- that's really interesting, and something to keep in mind. An unexplainable sweet taste in the mouth is sometimes a symptom of a stroke or similar neurological disorder -- diabetes sometimes causes this, as well. Dark urine is usually a sign of severe dehydration. On my stronger trips, I blow bloody snot from my nose, and this is after buccal administration. (Hence my earlier suggestion that this chemical has blood-thinning properties.)

Those are some rather interesting medical reports; I'd assume most symptoms were caused by elevated body temperature, which is rather common with phenethylamines. The excessive heat would destroy muscle tissue and chemicals from broken down muscle would then go on to cause kidney failure, which would then continue on like a chain reaction due to the fact that the kidneys can no longer filter blood effectively. Staying cool and hydrated may deal with these issues along with keeping physical activity to a minimum; which is a pity as I find NBOxx to be better than classical hallucinogens when used in clubs or raves.
As for wildly different effects in certain people; could it be due to the poor solubility of NBOxx compounds? I'd assume that complexed NBOxx is quicker acting and stronger due to it being much more water soluble than NBOxx HCl, this compounded with the need to take blotter sublingually means that people with drier mouths or people who don't sub the blotter for long enough will be affected less by the drug, causing a certain level of unpredictability. These are just educated guesses though, we probably won't know what the long term effects are for a few years at least.

So it appears that NBOxx compounds are prone to causing rhabbomyolysis with subsequent acute lidney failure; hence darker urine due to myoglobinouria, and decreased urine output due to diminished renal glomerular filtration rate. I find these potential complications highly alarming. It would probably be wise to drink plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids, to avoid forceful physical exertion during, before, and after the use of these chemicals, and to stay off the medications which might cause rhabdomyolysis (which include, but not limited to, drugs to treat elevated cholesterol, diuretics, and a number of antipsychotics).

Will be ordering some blotters of this real soon, very eager to try it! Thanks for all your reports and info.

So it appears that NBOxx compounds are prone to causing rhabbomyolysis with subsequent acute lidney failure; hence darker urine due to myoglobinouria, and decreased urine output due to diminished renal glomerular filtration rate. I find these potential complications highly alarming. It would probably be wise to drink plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids, to avoid forceful physical exertion during, before, and after the use of these chemicals, and to stay off the medications which might cause rhabdomyolysis (which include, but not limited to, drugs to treat elevated cholesterol, diuretics, and a number of antipsychotics).

Huh, urine retention is about the last thing I notice on this compound, I tend to urinate more than normal. never had alarmingly dark pee either, but I suppose it's worth watching for. Where did you gather this information from?

Is there any indication that NBOx compounds would be more likely to cause rhabdo than other phenethylamines? Wouldn't the rhabdo be due to a very high body temperature, which is common throughout the entire phenethylamine family?
It's clear that rhabdo is an issue with NBOx compounds, though I'd love to know if they are more likely to cause this complication than their 2C relatives and if they are I'd be interested in knowing if it's only due to increased body temperature (which can be avoided by avoiding strenuous activity and warm places) or if there's a secondary mechanism to this which is unavoidable; which would make NBOx compounds indisputably dangerous.

Last edited:
Had a complete blood count and urinalysis done three days after using 25i-nboh -- everything normal except a higher presence of amorphous crystals in the urine, but the doctor said it might be from taking vitamin and mineral supplement.

Had a complete blood count and urinalysis done three days after using 25i-nboh -- everything normal except a higher presence of amorphous crystals in the urine, but the doctor said it might be from taking vitamin and mineral supplement.

Isn't "amorphous crystal" an oxymoron? My understanding is crystalline solids are composed of organized molecules and an amorphous solid lacks order. Regarding your blood work, did you get a set of baseline data during a period of abstinence prior to the reading? If you did, what was your creatinine level after relative to the baseline level?

Here is a diagram from Wikipedia:
Crystalline_polycrystalline_amorphous2.svg

Last edited:
Isn't "amorphous crystal" an oxymoron? My understanding is crystalline solids are composed of organized molecules and an amorphous solid lacks order. Regarding your blood work, did you get a set of baseline data during a period of abstinence prior to the reading? If you did, what was your creatinine level after relative to the baseline level?

Here is a diagram from Wikipedia:
Crystalline_polycrystalline_amorphous2.svg

Unfortunately, the last time I'd had blood analyzed was years ago. Yeah, I suppose it is an oxymoron. Non-crystalline crystals. lol It's probably better termed amorphous solids.

Last edited:
are you on it now?
I took a bit earlier,
a small bit
my breathing is euphoric
not so much a trip but an enhancement.