• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOH Thread

I ate a 1mg blotter earlier and didn't find it to be particularly over powering, only very light visuals and little change in metal head space. I'll repeat at 1.5mg at a later date.

I get the impression its one of those substances were there is a fine line between just enough and far too much though, I'll proceed with caution.

It is interesting to know that according to pupnik's experience, 25I-NBOH was working despite only 50 hours had passed since nbome ingestion, which is known for producing a remarkably long tolerance.

I ate a 1mg blotter earlier and didn't find it to be particularly over powering, only very light visuals and little change in metal head space. I'll repeat at 1.5mg at a later date.

I get the impression its one of those substances were there is a fine line between just enough and far too much though, I'll proceed with caution.

I am wondering if the dosage is tolerance related.

(A) had you taken any psychedelics within the week prior to this test?
(i) if so how much?
(B) had you smoked pot within the week, days, or hours prior to the test?
(i) if so how much and when

It is interesting to know that according to pupnik's experience, 25I-NBOH was working despite only 50 hours had passed since nbome ingestion, which is known for producing a remarkably long tolerance.

The previous dosage was very small and I think that can be significant to the duration of the tolerance.

Like I've said in the NBOMe comparison thread:

It's all relative, of course. A person who has experience with larger doses of substances will rate the intensity of their experiences differently than someone who hasn't dosed that high before. For example, my friend of similar build says that he was rolling hard from 75mg 6-APB (which is the largest dose he's done of that substance), whereas I've gone up to 200mg, and I rate 75mg as underwhelming, relatively.

So it could be tolerance related, or it could just be that they're used to being higher than some people are.

So my brief question is: with the outlawing of 25i-NBOMe in the US, do you think 25x-NBOH will come in as the replacement, or do you think the previously rare NBOMe chems will continue you as the LSD imitation?

it is likely to be the cheap replacement, but the culture will adapt, and I think the culture will try to reject it, it is a bit too cheap and dirty, while lsd and lsz (the legal alternative) is not cheap nor dirty.

with the way disposable income is going, however, the nboh's are fireball and lsz is the refined single malt, copper versus diamonds.

part of the nboh appeal is it's rough junkiness, I am almost ashamed of my attraction to it. very jekyll and hyde.

Well, 300mcg of LSZ administered 1 week after the NBOH certainly did have the effect. It was quite somatic and introspective and not particularly visual. "Oneiroid" is the best adjective that comes to mind.
Personally I would prefer 25I-NBOH to LSZ.

they combine nicely
*not funny here*

Last edited by a moderator:
What's considered a dangerous dose of this chemical? I recently ate a 1mg complexed tab and found it absolutely underwhelming (I'm used to heavy trips), so is there any known cases of people taking say, 4mg in one dose and being physiologically fine? Obviously using just this one chemical, not combining it with others.

What's considered a dangerous dose of this chemical? I recently ate a 1mg complexed tab and found it absolutely underwhelming (I'm used to heavy trips), so is there any known cases of people taking say, 4mg in one dose and being physiologically fine? Obviously using just this one chemical, not combining it with others.

How's it going, man?

It has been my experience and from what I've read of others' experiences that this substance has varied effects, and often on its virgin use produces only threshold results. Even at the same dose a week later, most report that it produces significantly more powerful effects. Regardless, tolerance develops quickly and can sometimes take weeks to decline. There are many cross-tolerances with 25i-NBOH, including LSZ, LSD, and any other NBOH or NBOMe. I think there are other factors that weigh heavily on 25i-NBOH's ability to produce desired effects.

But there's one thing I do know: 4mg is too much, and is a dangerous dosage. 2mg always produces results, even after having developed average tolerances. I have never experimented with more than 2.5mg, and that was a very powerful experience that lent itself equally to fun, expansive, and even dark thoughts. I would strongly recommend against using more than 2.5 mg of 25i-NBOH.

Vasoconstriction does occur, and with it high blood pressure. I think it can be dangerous to smooth muscle and it has been my experience that it thins the blood, but I'm not sure if it's an anticoagulant effect or anti-platelet. (I would intuit that it's the latter.) This chemical that I am fond of does have its price.

Well i find that 25i-nboh not even close as strong as nbome. I had these cherries, and i always wait about 2-3 weeks between my trips. I noticed that 1mg is only a treshold for me. I tripped 4 times (las time was month ago) always thinking maybe something was wrong, maybe i had a tolerance, but after a month of no substances that could cause tolerance (only i think i used salvia few times and weed daily) i tried again (2h ago, 1mg of cherries) 1 blotter and again: nothing. I can feel inside that i am tripping, that feeling, but visual disturbances are VERY low, almost non visable and easy to control. I remember nbome was kicking my brain like a hammer and there were rainbows, fractals and so on everywhere, this seems to be not even close ato thatl.. I dont see any point of this psychedelic, except for chilling with friends or so in a nature or meditating maybe. But maybe I should try next time 1,5mg or 2mg what do you guys think? Because 1 tab is not right..

I've found 2 tabs to be on the verge of being uncomfortable bodyload-wise, so proceed with caution.

Are you guys saying that 1 mg / tab is a standard dose? Because otherwise any mention of 'tabs' is meaningless...

It does not sound promising if 25I-NBOH isn't really potent in the psychedelia department but still produces body load.

The tabs (blotters, to be precise) I had were supposed to contain 1mg complexed 25I-NBOH each. As had been said, two of these were very potent but produced quite a bit of nausea, which was not long lasting, yet did detract from the experience. Perhaps if one takes them on an empty stomach and predoses with an antiemetic, this side effect could be minimized.

I been doing a good bit of research with this and the c version and lsz latley. I've found the combo of lsz and 25inboh is completely amazing at half a blotter each, but it's probably very foolish to mix them, but I can't say I experienced any negative effects. I also recently acquired recently the nbome version of 25i to compare, and the only difference to me was duration and body load, the nboh being far more pleasant. Visually and body buzz (load is the bad and buzz is the good in my lingo) they are extremely similar to me. Now that said, this clearly has different effects depending on who takes it. For me this is a great drug, highly remenicent of mescaline but with far less headspace, for my wife its overpowering in terms of body load, for my drummer its useless, and for my guitarist it was compared to E rather than a pure psychedelic drug like how I experience, so it's a strange beast.

At higher doses I've found 2mg to be as high of a dose as I'd wish to go, because it can feel quite toxic at any higher dose, even the teeniest sliver of a third blotter makes it a very pukey, tense experience. Basically, try it, it's either is amazing or its not, and keep your dosages low if you do indeed enjoy it.

One final note. The nbome has a completely ridiculous tolerance, but the nboh seems to be significantly less, in my experience. The nbome leaves me unable to trip for a week and a half at least, while the wait time for the nboh is 3-4 days and im good to go. I also did some experiments with 5ht supplementation and noticed that I do indeed experience stronger effects as long as you take it for a period of time before your next doseage. When not supplementing and taking a dose too early, there is a significant difference in intensity, perhaps this does not affect tolerance per say, but it restores your supply of serotonin more rapidly than you can do on your own so perhaps that's enough to affect the intensity of the trip, after all you still don't get the same punch in the head as if you wait till tolerance fades, just a better one than you would without supplementation.

Oh, bonus final note: had anyone experienced this: if you smoke weed, for example, the day or 2 after taking these drugs, it can retrigger the trip somewhat, giving visuals and a body buzz that is not at all characteristic of weed and is very much like the 25i nboh/nbome. Perhaps its some odd psychosomatic effect in my silly little head, but I certainly never expected to hit a morning bowl and then trip for about another 3-4 hours like I took a third of a blotter, lsd, mescaline and mushies never did that to me, although they all have an afterglow that enhances weed, they don't retrigger vivid hallucinations and that electric blood feeling that I love so much about the 25i. Just curious if anyone else noticed such an effect. Does it bioaccumulate in the brain or possibly not dislodge from the receptors for a more extended period than expected or something like that? Just things I've been thinking about lately...

Peace

Last edited:
For me, a good hit of weed always results in fractal flowing patterns forming on the observed surfaces. This has been the case since I did my first blotter (meant to have been acid, but in retrospect must have been an nbome). I suspect this is somehow connected to the HPPD phenomenon (I get visual patterns now and then when extremely stressed or sleep deprived also). Personally, I find it fun. What has been seen cannot be unseen sort of thing.

I have tripped many hundreds of times, sometimes every day for a week (in past years), and I have never had the slightest touch of HPPD. Even when I tripped every day for a week (that only happened once but I used to trip easily 4 days a week for over a year), the next day I felt exhausted but no lingering visual phenomena. I wonder what it is that makes some people get it and not others?

The answer might lie in different degrees of neuroplasticity - perhaps for some individuals, a psychedelic trip triggers some kind of (mal?)adaptive process akin to an immune response, resulting in reorganization of neural networks, which in turn causes HPPD...
It is really surprising to me how you, Xorkoth, managed to trip off psychedelics for multiple days per week without developing a drastic tolerance. IME, even a one week long gap between single, e.g., DOC sessions, is clearly not enough for resetting the tolerance back to zero - I barely get any effect at all, save bodyload...