• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

How similar is it to plain 2c-b?

It's not especially similar. I mean, they're both clearly phenethylaminey in character, but the experiences have just as many dissimilarities as commonalities. I think their biggest similarity is their unpredictability.

I guess I might add to the discussion here. I mentioned a while back that I was going to give this stuff a test spin. I started with low doses on a couple of occasions, but unfortunately never got much beyond a fuzzy, weird, delirious state of mind and minor visuals, nothing noteworthy whatsoever. And I say that comparing directly to low doses of 2C-E and 4-HO-MIPT which both have a distinctly clear minded headspace. This stuff just kind of felt poisonous enough to make me not want to attempt a higher dose.

This stuff is weird. I dosed 160mg 4 hours ago, and since last 3 hours I am just spending my time trying to figure out if I feel content or manic. I downed half a bottle of wine to calm it since I started to feel creeped out out of nowhere but it just dumbed down the creepiness and put a lousy smile to it. weird. But I cannot deny the music appreciation aspect of it. Dosed 40mg nasal 3-FPM and the combination is pretty amazing, pulled me up to a nice state. closed eye visuals are full on and really pronounced with this combination even though I don't feel a lot from bk-2-cb. I will update if anything unexpected occurs, but I didn't like it, wouldn't recommend. there is somehow a dirty feeling to it in terms of body load. got me very tired in an hour or two.

edit 1: popped 1mg etizolam to call it a night and go to sleep, but it has been an hour over etizolam (there was even wine involved, I expected to be knocked out to sleep) I am pretty warmed up, but the creepy waves of bk-2c-b has come back and now I also have mild visual distortion. we will see.

edit 2: one more line of 3-FPM (at about +7h), lots of weed smoked and it has been 12 hours since I took it. Just did a 20 mg MXE bump and things went fierce after that. insane yet sane, still weird. combined with the right ingredients, you are a superhuman. but these right ingredients aren't really healthy for our bodies at this point of evolution.
This night/day deserves a detailed trip report as a reference for future trips including bk-2c-b. A neverending full-on ego death. At some point at night, I took a walk out and I was in a serious political debate with a sober(just stoned) friend for at least 3 hours and had a bright state of mind, seeing reflections of our essence in politics surrounding us. psychedelia and real-life politics at the same time was intriguing without involvement of ego.

For now, I can say βK-2C-B would be a successful functional stimulant in a world where bluelight is the most popular forum all over the web.

Last edited:
This is one of the best psychedelics I have tried! I did not expect much from it but I got beautiful kaleidoscopic visuals and found myself viewing a spaceship shooting some kind of pod through a mirrored surface like the event horizon of a black hole and it reminded me of a dream I had. The headspace was very deep and this was one of the most amazing trips I have had. I'm sure it was a top 15 for sure and maybe top 10 trip, one I won't forget. Can't wait to try it again, I only had one dose. After initial testing, I did 200mg for an initial dose and redosed with about 30mg not far in. It caused some nausea that got pretty bad briefly several times and slight elevation of blood pressure, to about 155/97 for a high but mostly lower and this is not much of an elevation for me since it is usually about 138-145/82-90.

Would not go higher than 230 or max 250mg and I am a hardhead so you probably need a lower dose. I am imagining it would be great with 4-ho-mipt although this one has a very long duration, it was going maybe still at a +3 16h later. It was about 24h before it wore off so I could sleep from what I remember. I like long trips but I took this when I should have waited given how close it was to time I should have thought about sleeping (don't want to say bed time, I usually don't stick to a schedule for sleeping - to bed late, wake up late, a 4 hour+ variability) and I expected it to wear off much faster.

Will definitely want a few grams of this in the future. A combo with 3.meo-pcp and miprocin sounds divine!

Wow, crazy, it seems like people are affected so dramatically differently by this one. I tried it at a few dosages including 200mg and never got much from it at all, though it wasn't unpleasant. Not visual at all, no headspace, a bit of euphoria and a nice feeling.

I had a negative experience, but not on the scale of madmoomix... thankfully, but I consider myself lucky considering I took exactly 150mg...‎

I've never had any negative interactions with MDMA, MXP and DPD IM, or "proper" nitrous use. Nor had I taken anything at all for weeks, not even OTC medication. The only issue I can think of is me having a slight hint of what felt like a cold, like in the stage where you're not even sure you've got one, and I never did get one after. When I get a fever I frequently have nondescript hellish dreams, where I feel utterly dissociated and thoroughly miserable, so perhaps I could have experienced a mix of fever and being pretty high!

I ate nothing for 6+ hours before to prevent nausea (perhaps the cause of the extended trip perhaps?), and took it at 8pm. Had a few hours of the usual "tingly scalp massage" effect, and started getting CEVs at about 11pm, so beautiful that I actually spent a lot of time with my eyes shut (I was in a club at this point, not my kinda music, but it was ok). I'll spare the details of the trip for a full length report... but it was vivid and powerful! EPIC tracers which made crossing the street impossible (car headlights trailed for whole seconds), form constants wheeling about on all light surfaces, objects moving by themselves... the most vivid moment was waiting for my girlfriend to come out of the toilets. The toilets had male and female graffiti style cartoon dinosaurs on the doors, and these started to animate themselves... I must have spend 5 minutes just going "what the shit....". After getting home at 2am (absolutely tripping nuts at this point, psychedelic patterns wheeling about on all light coloured surfaces, epic tracers from light sources) things started to get a bit sinister.

I attempted to sleep, and managed to for brief moments. At some point I descended into my own mind, and had lots of evil visions about my daily life, none of which I could remember particularly well. I do remember becoming convinced that by consuming Bk-2c-b I had managed to destroy the entire universe, which disurbed me greatly. I really relate to people feeling such powerfully negative things that they wonder if they will emerge with thier mind intact... Eventually that passed, and I awoke to find some very unpleasant physical effects.

I started to have strange semi-believeable hallucinations: my partner lying asleep next to me had morphed into some kind of mystical jungle goddess, with rainbow patterned makeup, and I was physically and mentally overwhelmed by her beauty. That was kinda cool, but rather creepily, the bedroom window appeared to morph open and closed in stop-motion, and I distinctly remember thinking "ok, enough, I want off this ride". At this point I've been tripping HARD for 9 hours. The next thing I know (probably after more terrible sleep) I've got black strands and shapes creeping into my vision from the edges, and the entire world went into insane after-image stop motion, so much so I felt on the verge of passing out. My hands felt disproportionately large (even though they were not), and my face and throat felt itchy and swollen, very uncomfortable. I've never had an allergic reaction, but I treat people at work with them very regularly, and that's what I'd imagine one to feel like.

I had a VERY profound and primal sense that I had ingested something immensely "bad" for my body, as if I were a caveman having tried a new plant. My body was screaming at me to get this substance out, I wanted do shit, piss, and vomit, but I had nothing in me to come out, despite being certain that just one retch and the substance might possibly be gone. At one point it all became too much, and in my deluded state started to worry that some sort of evil toxin was in the air, poisoning us both, that's how physically terrible I felt! I actually woke my girlfriend up and asked her what she could see, to make sure she wasn't seeing and feeling the same thing as me. Thankfully she said no, and went to sleep instantly. I didn't dare wake her, only to have her insist I go to A+E, not where I wanted to be.‎

I felt overwhelmingly strongly that this was my own struggle, to face alone. I wouldn't wish the sense of "evil" I felt on anyone, I refused to let my girlfriend feel the fear I felt. There's a fantastic medical phrase, that someone can feel a "sense of impending doom", when someone says "I feel like I'm going to die", I feel I have a new understanding of that phrase! This "reaction" felt distinctly organic and plant like, as if my body felt it could actually identify the irritating compound. I itched all over, and decided to administer myself some Chloraphenimine orally. Never have I felt such relief... putting two and two together, my body was releasing Histamine for some reason. I deal with medical emergencies for a living, and that unfortunately makes me stubborn to seek medical attention myself, but I didn't deem myself in need of any as best I could tell! Rather foolishly I decided that I didn't want to end up in a resuscitation suite of my own choosing... in my darkest hour I wanted to be alone, perhaps having seen enough people die, I associated that place with death, rather than life.‎

The physical side died off some 16 hours after dosing, but I was still tripping... the birds outside sounded digitally processed and repeated in an echo, a bit like when you reduce the delay time on an audio delay unit in real time, and get that insane speeding up noise (for the musicians out there). Every window in the house was covered in rain drops, each one of which was refracting rainbow light... I was afraid to drink a glass of water, the sheer beauty of it looked like stress patterns in plastic or glass... I almost feared that I'd somehow obtained a whole glass of pure liquid LSD, and I'd just swallowed a whole mouthful! By this point sleep deprivation is getting to me, and the CEVs were too intense to sleep through. This carried on for pretty much the rest of the next day, and I recovered watching a few films. The CEVs died out after some 23 hours, but it took until 28 hours after dosing for me to stop seeing the pattern on a pair of cammoflage trousers constantly morphing about. My partner noticed that my pupils were at one point dilating and constricting in a pattern, which I've never seen or heard of before!

Psychologically, I feel like I tested the strength of my own mind, and came out on top. In places it was utterly horrific, but nothing negative came of it, in the same way that running a race is painful, and leaves you drained, but you're sort of glad you did it. I destroyed my remaining bk-2C-b, as I don't wish to push my luck again if it were an allergic reaction, but it will be an experience I'll take to my grave, and given that I can't go back and change time, I'm greatful for it. That said, it was actually awesome fun for about 2 hours, standing in a takeaway utterly immersed in a psychedelic wonderland was quite something, but I'll stick to known, tried and tested substances next time! I really did NOT apreciate the duration of my trip. Such a shame, others seem to have enjoyed every last second of their trip with it.‎

Yeah, you could say that! I've not written down the wondrous, lovely side mind you! I did an allergy test too... two 20mg doses over 2 days, with no recreational value, or negative effect! Only "real" psychedelic I've tried though, so perhaps I have a degree of intolerance, or got a horrifically contaminated batch... I'd go with the latter. Such a shame, it WAS genuinely enjoyable for the first 4 hours, not the right setting, but fun none the less. I've just taken it as an ayahuasca-like experience with ups and downs.. I'd even go so far as to say I might do it again if I knew for sure it wasn't harmful, but there's simply no way of telling, so my remaining stash got flushed.

I'm wondering what I actually took, has anyone else had form constants on light surfaces and epic tracers? It was impossible to cross a road safely alone, that's how intense they were from bright lights! Anyone ever used no-clip mode on a computer game and looked at a null texture? A bit niche, but it was like that!

Last edited:
Adding a drop of vinegar to the purple spot from water caused the solution to revert to being colourless. It appears that this reaction is reversible, at least over short timescales.

The reaction seems reversible - when I added some vinegar to the drop next to the water it was clear after it dried, like the vinegar patch.

Personally I would avoid antacids if you can but I suspect that the problems are occurring as the substance moves from the stomach to the small intestine.

Eating it with something to dilute it probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Lemonade or citrus fruit is my instinctive thought.

Batch from a known UK vendor. Disolved in a drop of water, and in alkaline drop of water. No colour at all!
No colour at all!

What gives?

Made a retest with fewer drops in higher temperature.

Here is the optical result.

zMR3QkC.jpg

Seems more orange pink than purple.

Last edited:
So I finally got a chance to really go at it with BK-2C-B and thought I would put together a trip report.

Preface

In the two weekends prior to this past one I had taken small doses (20mg) just to test the waters. After the past 2 years or so going back and forth with kratom and various amphetamines I have finally decided to put all of them behind me. I knew I could finally get back into what I love to do the most... tripping.

Dose: ~60mg total

I started out with around 20mg, weighed out, placed into a capsule and swallowed at around 10:00 PM. Apparently water is bad for this stuff? About an hour in I took another 20. By 90+ minutes I was comfortably at a ++. This time though, I wanted to go deeper. I wanted visuals, I wanted that funny psychedelic logic, so I took another 20.

By 2 hours I was at a +++ and the visuals started to get more intense. Closed eye visuals were still faint but getting more interesting. Over and over hairs continued to stand up all over my body, including the back of my head and scalp, an odd sensation indeed. If there is one thing I can say about this substance by comparison to other psychedelics is that it feels wildly like a stimulant. Dancing and moving felt good. There is a highly emotional, euphoric quality to it. There is a definite "rush" which is there up until the point when the psychedelic qualities take over and it gets more detached.

Music sounded amazing, as the sounds really started to take on that lovely quality. Throughout the night I just kept putting on various albums, one by one sending me deeper into my racing thoughts. I have no idea why but I started jotting down notes in the middle of the trip. One word entered into my head and it became a recurring idea which would later reveal itself later on. And it makes so much more sense to me now as I am typing this trip report.

The word was "oyster".

Finally, now at 5 hours after ingestion I was starting to get sleepy. While lying in bed, I kept going around in circles in my head. At one point I got myself into a thought loop and kept repeating the phrase, "Second guessing myself" over and over. I had a hard time sleeping and kept obsessing over tangential things.

Somehow sleep came, though I do not remember it happening. A few hours later I woke up still tripping, though definitely starting to come down (now almost 12 hours after ingestion). There seems to be a long tail end to this substance. I went to the theater and caught a movie which was just beautiful. After another nap I was finally coming down.

As some of you may know, I am definitely a small guy and a lightweight. I commonly dose less than most people, so 60mg may not seem like much. Still though, I do not think BK-2C-B is amongst the best psychedelics I have done. It felt too much like a stimulant. Unclear thoughts, weak synaesthesia, it never went very deep, yet seemed to last longer than I would normally like. There was a decent amount of jaw clenching, muscle tightening, dry mouth, etc. There is definitely a psychedelic quality to this substance, it just doesn't seem to go as far as others. It is probably somewhere near or around MDMA and 2C-B.

Overall I think it is a very worthwhile substance that, given the right dose, could do wonders. I think BK-2C-B could work well as both a good positive re-inforcement, and as a decent though maybe not spectacular psychedelic.

Me and a number of friends had 250mg in an oral dose on Saturday and, while it was fun, not all of us felt something and those that did didn't feel the same effects. One friend felt nothing so had more and still felt nothing, my cousin had 250mg and had it hitting him in waves and he said he hated it (like a really uncomfortable MDA trip he though).

Personally I enjoyed it, quite psychedelic but if I'm honest it was far too long. It last for nearly 24 hours for me and in the end it was really doing my head it. Probably won't do the rest and I'll though what's left away.

As a follow up to this substance, in the last week I experimented with low doses on a daily basis just out of curiosity. Well I took my last dose late on Thursday and started feeling a soreness across my body. I got poor sleep and woke up the next day with a bad case of vasoconstriction. I was foggy headed, had weird dizziness, hot/cold spells, pain in my joints, especially my knees which looked kind of blueish. It's unfortunate but I think it coincided with a cold as my throat has been sore since Thursday and I've had minor headaches.

I got good sleep last night, but have been getting lots of brain zaps today. So yea, it doubly confirms my suspicion that this stuff is both long lasting and stimulating in a way that can pretty easily be overdone. Still a worthwhile substance, definitely psychedelic, but not one to do on a regular basis.

Yeah it's a weird one alright. I think the main problem is the dimerisation. The first couple of times I took it I didn't have any gel caps so I hit upon the idea of squashing a Starburst flat and then encasing the powder in that, dividing that into 4 pea-sized balls and swallowing them with some liquid. It worked like a charm. I think the sugar and citric acid in the Starburst gives it an ideal starting place and lets the stomach acid get straight to work on it.
This morning, first thing I took a smallish dose, about 60mg in a gel cap and very little happened apart from some colour enhancement a couple of hours afterwards. The coffee I washed it down with must have neutralised most of it before it had a chance to do anything. After lunch I tried again with the Starburst technique and the difference was apparent within the hour. I don't think I could have used more than 70mg and I've been rushing my whiskers off all afternoon. The strange thing is that the first couple of times I've taken it I've found the rushing subsided after a while to give way to more phenethylamine trippyness 3 hours later but this time the tingly, MDMA-like feelings complete with eye wobbles persisted for a good 6 hours. People who have been so far disappointed with BK-2CB might find success with this technique.

Last edited:
What you're doing with aMT is adding acetic acid (vinegar) to aMT freebase (the most common and potent form) to create aMT acetate, which is more readily soluble in water. Most/all bk-2C-B available is likely to be in salt form already so this wouldn't achieve anything.

Also for what it's worth, you can use the edit button when you want to add more to a post rather than making a new post! :) if though you've asked an important question and haven't gotten an answer after say a few days then it may be worth posting again to bring back attention to the post.

Actually, that isn't a good idea. I ruined most of a gram with this theory. I used white vinegar to make a solution out the free base. It was good for the first 24-48 hours then the potency of the solution did a rapid transition to some non active tryptamine daughter compound. After a week the shit was worthless. I can't tell you exactly what occurred on the molecular level but I can guarantee the acetic acid destroyed the activity in approximately a week. If you are intent on going this way , only acidify the amount your ready to use, as whether there were inactive hydrates or if the acetyl moiety grabbed the amino end in death grip, formed. the end result was nada.
And by the way, the bk-2-c-b I got is water soluble. What's interesting is it quickly dimerizes and turn the solution a lavender shade(most likely inactive) and a drop or two of citric acid and it rapidly changes to an orange tinged solution. I let that set over night and in the morning the water was clear. My understanding is to get the salt into the bloodstream without it dimerizing into an inactive state a capsule and downing on as close to an empty stomach with an acidic drink is your best bet for getting enough of the active into the bloodstream before it dimerizes into placebo...

Today I discovered this substance.

200 mg incapsulated in empty stomach with lemon juice.

Nice, gentle and comfortable experience for 10+ hours.
Waves of tranquility and freedom. Very entactogenic and Mexaline like.

Last edited: