• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy NBOMe-2C-C (25C-NBOMe) Thread

The abbreviation AA really shouldn't be used for acetic acid because AA is the most common name for acetic anhydride

AA isn't a name. It's an abbreviation, and I clearly noted it's association with the material under discussion (acetic acid).

If you want to go that route, abbreviations should not be used at all, as more often than not they have multiple associations. Saying one tentative association is more legitimate than another that is nearly as nebulous serves no purpose here.

I tried 2C-C-NBOMe again this weekend, this time via sublingual administration. It's much more convenient to carry a few paper tabs while backpacking, but it's definitely less potent this way, maybe 50% of nasal potency. There's also a much more gradual come-up and a longer plateau.

To prepare the tabs, I dropped 7.5 µL (375 µg) on small squares cut from card stock and let the water evaporate. After hiking out to my destination and setting up my tent, I put one tab under my tongue, waited 15-20 minutes, and then, feeling only slightly off baseline, put a second tab in the same spot. The onset was gradual, with the peak around 1 hr and residual stimulation lasting until 8-9 hrs. In comparison, my experience with a dose of 500 µg administered nasally 3 weeks earlier resulted in departure from baseline in less than 2 minutes and a peak within 10 minutes. Sublingual admin seems to be, at most, 50% as potent as nasal. Still, 750 µg sublingual provided a full +++, with characteristic spectacular visuals and plenty to look at from the top of The Roan, TN!

panorama5.jpg

panorama1o.jpg

When you take it sublingual, do you then keep the spit in the mouth or do you swallow it?

(of course you have to swallow, eventually)

^I kind of tried not to swallow, but I inevitably did. I rubbed the card stock under my tongue, under the assumption that roughing it up a bit might increase absorption. I also tried to keep it pressed against my sublingual tissue after I noticed that the paper tabs were kind of just floating around in a saliva pool. Lastly, I placed the small squares with the chemical side down (the side that I made the drop on) against my sublingual tissue to maximize absorption. Just FYI, 2C-C-NBOMe is a somewhat bitter and will cause whatever it comes in contact with to become numb.

AA isn't a name. It's an abbreviation, and I clearly noted it's association with the material under discussion (acetic acid).

If you want to go that route, abbreviations should not be used at all, as more often than not they have multiple associations. Saying one tentative association is more legitimate than another that is nearly as nebulous serves no purpose here.

I would agree, except in this case they are both chemicals. It's not like I was pulling you up about your use of the abbreviation AA in the context of say, car insurance, in which case AA to refer to Automobile Association would be perfectly fine. In this case, however, they are both chemicals, and almost identical.

Some preliminary tests were done with 1mg/ml solution + some polysorbate 20, 150ug sublingual in one subject produced mild intoxication similar to low-dose LSD, 350ug in another produced a stronger, 'giggly' trip, with walls breathing and trails. This is definitely interesting material and may be considerably more active with an excipent.

^AA makes me think arachadonic acid.

You serotonin GPCR pharmacology geek, you ;)

.. (and in a whole lot of other stuff, being a cellular signal in a more general sense...)
Arachadonic acid is pretty topical though %)

Time to bump this thread...
Rectal administration of 750ug gave a shorter duration than nasal, took about 40mins to reach peak effects. Smooth come-up, just snuck upon me. Excellent experience visually comparable with 2 nice tabs of LSD. Mentally it doesn't touch on acid but certainly has a similar 'sparkle' or 'magic' that makes everything well.. magical I suppose. The comedown was gradual with a beer and within 5 hours of administration I was baseline (with some stimulation perhaps, and slight headache). Really beginning to like this one, and think I may have found a good dose level here. Maybe again next week, but not if the the DOC arrives first....

Seeing AA mistakenly used for making the acetate salt of 25C would be unfortunate.

Acetic anhydride is tightly regulated precisely because heroin is made using it, so that would really limit the unfortunate chance of that happening. Anyone having the anhydride probably knows enough about it not to be a fool with it.

I want propionic anhydride to prepare tryptamine esters but it would probably require me to synthesize the anhydride myself. :(
Oh well off topic.

New question popped out on my head this morning... Would adding a small drop of Listerine just before buccal consumption help absorbing better? I know that washing your mouth and getting it super clean before sublingual or buccal administration is always recommended, but would keeping... let's say 1mL of Listerine there make it any better?

Anhydride, shmanhyride, it's all about the nitrile.

:p

New question popped out on my head this morning... Would adding a small drop of Listerine just before buccal consumption help absorbing better? I know that washing your mouth and getting it super clean before sublingual or buccal administration is always recommended, but would keeping... let's say 1mL of Listerine there make it any bette

I doubt it. Maybe everclear.

If you hold that stuff in your mouth for a while it definitely 'burns' a little. Weakly but still. Everclear is way over the top, vodka or whiskey is probably strong enough. Listerine is better than nothing if you ask me. Scrub your mouth to get rid of the dead epithilium, the alcohol helps and IIRC it widens the blood vessels under your tongue and in cheeks and/or brings them more to the surface.
If 25C does not absorb as well as LSD does, I don't think this is such a bad idea. May shorten the time necessary to hold it in your mouth.

What about the nitrile, I don't quite follow?

25 c nbome cpl more questions

Couldnt find exact answers. Is the only difference in hcl and F.base c nbome the strength when smoked? Or is HCL slightly stronger? If I were planning on just snorting it would the Fbase be fine? Also if I liquid measure can I just drop the water in my nose to absorb or would it simply drip to fast and skip absorption?

So if I have the Fbase how do I go about dissolving it or converting it to the hcl? I want to make a liquid solution but all of the info I have found on doing so was with the HCL

Last edited:
25C-NBOMe freebase does not dissolve in water and would be better for vapourisation, the HCl salt is water soluble and is 0.903x as potent as freebase.

The HCl salt dissolved in water is probably a better choice than trying to get the freebase dissolved in vinegar or whatever.

The freebase will not dissolve in water. The HCL will. If you use water I would use 2mg/ml solution and get an insulin syringe (1ml/1cc/100insulin units) and dose half in each nostril. Then 0.1ml will be 200micrograms.

Freebase version should be slightly more potent by weight(~10% due to absence of HCl), but freebases and salts can have different properties, so absorption rates, solubility can be different.

I suggest you to check The B&D 25C-NBOMe thread, it contains a lot of useful information.
Just click "Search this Thread" link and type in keywords.
Here is the report on smoking:
MattPsy said:
Oh, and as for smoking it, yes, the HCl salt works far better than the freebase, the freebase shows signs of decomposition when smoked whereas the HCl evaporates cleanly.

VandiLLisM said:
Also if I liquid measure can I just drop the water in my nose to absorb
It is indeed possible, but can be tricky, if you use too much amount of water. I guess your nostrils can hold 0.2-0.4 ml without dripping, just make sure you dose properly(try putting plain water firstly).
And if your solution isn't strong enough, I advise you to stagger your dose: drop 0.2 ml and 15 minutes after another 0.2 ml, and so on.