View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy LSD/Acid Questions Thread III- 'The Bicycle Trip'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merged LSD/LSA question. Bear in mind, referring to 'LSA' as a thing is erroneous; it is a title for a collection of lysergic amines.

drew345 said:
Ive only met one person who had a flashback and they have done alot of LSD and other phycadelics. they said it wasnt pleasant but I tend to believe it is Post traumatic stress disorder.

Hunter S. Thompson?

Cface said:
Ah okay. I just assumed they were similar as it's been said multiple times that the chemical makeup is very similar.
And as for the flashback myth... Well i know a few people who have gotten flashbacks. With that said, i don't think i'll ever try LSD.

Whats this 'flashback' you've come to believe in? I have used LSD a lot of times and I don't get 'flashbacks'. I might have a vivid memory of being on the psychedelic, but I can clearly tell that I'm not. These memories are pleasant. Flashbacks, in the sense that "LSD" causes them is not true. LSD is metabolised too quickly and is not stored in the body. The 'flashbacks' are of a similar nature to PTSD- that is, if one has experienced a traumatic event (and I believe these can be good too) one tends to relate a lot of situations back to that event. LSD has no higher risk of creating a syndrome such as that then any drug; in fact, I think using LSA's (which are similar to LSD in structure) would be more inclined to give you a negative memory-imprint then acid.

Salvia is the only drug to actually disorient me for months after smoking huge amounts, and that was a very frighening period. Borderline psychosis. Strange fun in the sense that I was highly aware of myself and my surroundings- just not what they meant. What does a chair mean, after all? =D

I see visuals in ordinary straight life without drugs ... I do not technically fit the criteria for HPPD (not gonna get into all that jazz here) but basically oriental carpets & such swirl around even when I'm stone sober. Doesn't bother me, actually I rather like it. As far as "FLASHBACKS" go I believe that I have had one and it was very jarring but not honestly a terrible experience.

^No, thats just Hunter S. Thompson :)

SomeKindaLove said:
I see visuals in ordinary straight life without drugs ... I do not technically fit the criteria for HPPD (not gonna get into all that jazz here) but basically oriental carpets & such swirl around even when I'm stone sober. Doesn't bother me, actually I rather like it. As far as "FLASHBACKS" go I believe that I have had one and it was very jarring but not honestly a terrible experience.

I also get similar things. ALL time time, when sober or high on weed, the walls always look they are melting a bit and I say rainbow tinted outlines like I do on acid. Now I have only done acid about 10-15 times and mushrooms even less (MDMA more though). It does not impede my life in anyway and I rather enjoy it and is interesting to watch sometimes. I think LSD and other psychs cause this for some people but I feel as though I am more aware to the frequencies processed by my visual cortex than ever.

^Quite a classic clip, I had a LOL. A real, good old LOL.

As to 'everyday' patterning and swirling, I think psychedelic people are more inclined to notice what is actually just normal visual noise. Vision, while appearing relatively smooth and cohesive is actually kinda pitch-potched together by the brain. Stare at your face in the mirror for a while, and your face will start morphing into a complete stranger; sit in a pitch-black environment and you will experience some flashes of 'light'....etc.

i second silows comment on psychedel-heads being more attentive to perceptual subtlties.

after my share of psychedelic studies, as well as meditative practices, i can definitely que in to noticing how my perception is always 'updating' (and thus quite trippy, and 'machine-like')

perceptual stillness is misleading, nothing is ever still.

So, I'm getting 2 hits of acid tomorrow
I've only used marijuana, and various pharms. I plan on tripping alone (I know this is generally not suggested, but I plan on doing it anyways, due to various restraints, along with it possibly having more potential).

Marijuana appeals to me mainly because of the introspective insight and thinking that I achieve on it (well, that I use to achieve, doesn't seem to be quite the same anymore). So I figure I'll see where acid will take me.

I plan on abstaining from drugs for a few weeks before dosing, along with doing an extensive amount of reading (on trip reports and such). Possibly looking into meditation a bit, but not too sure on that.

Are there any suggestions that you guys have? And I'm not sure whether to take 1 or 2 hits, because I have no idea the micrograms that each contain. I plan on asking my friend more about it, since he's already used some, but he seems to suggest that I take both doses.

Last edited:
I personally dont like 1 hit, because it seems like a tease. Unless you have some redicuously potent acid I would take both of them, but probably not alone if you are not used to psychedelics, they make weed seems like aspirin. And if you are committed to tripping alone bring some xanax, valium, or any other kind of benzo with you incase you start to wig out

Yea, I don't expect it to be anything like weed. And I already have that planned, I'll probably pick up at least 1mg for during the trip, maybe more. And have another 1mg to get to sleep if I have any problems. I might also take some oxycodone.

Also, I know storage is an issue. I plan on storing for a month or so, and I plan on keeping it in foil, and in a tuperware thing, out of light. Is it fine to just store somewhere in my room(probably my closet, or dresser)? My room stays fairly cool (low 70's). How long can I store it in these condition for?

And, how effective are benzo's at helping you relax during a trip? I've taken 1mg of xanax twice by itself, and have just fallen asleep both times.

I wouldnt recommend oxy and LSD, but to each their own... and that is exactly how i stored mine and it is perfect. it will chill you out a lot, I had a total acid freak out once and took some atvian and it didnt stop my trip but it mellowed me out a lot more than I was.

Why wouldn't you recommend oxy and acid? Although I don't like oxy a whole lot by itself, but with bud it's awesome.

And I talked to someone on another forum, and he's suggesting storing the hits inside foil, inside of a book on a bookshelf, so I'll probably do that.

I'm going to see if I can get 6 hits. That way, I can take 1, and if that's not enough, take 2 the next time. Then save the other 3 for whenever.

Last edited:
Prea said:
Also, I know storage is an issue. I plan on storing for a month or so, and I plan on keeping it in foil, and in a tuperware thing, out of light. Is it fine to just store somewhere in my room(probably my closet, or dresser)? My room stays fairly cool (low 70's). How long can I store it in these condition for?

That should be fine for that period of time, but ideally a freezer is used.

And, how effective are benzo's at helping you relax during a trip? I've taken 1mg of xanax twice by itself, and have just fallen asleep both times.

Effective enough. However, they substantially reduce the intensity and possibility of a truly glorious experience, but sometimes that is needed. I wouldn't take the oxycodone personally; just try to bask in the acid warmth. I also wouldn't suggest taking it alone for your first time, but thats your choice. Take care :)

edit: stop mentioning the price btw

Back when I first tripped I remember having a lot of euphoria, although this could be a false memory but the trips were amazing (about 12 years ago), minus a few bad thoughts-- I actually hate Berkeley because of a bad trip I had. Seeing bums sitting in bird shit while frying kind of stuck with me, but I still loved that experience overall and remember having a great happy-glow to myself.

I just started tripping again earlier this year and haven't noticed much of any euphoria. I've been mostly quiet and on edge the majority of the trip. Anything I can do to combat this or gain some kind of well-being/euphoria like feelings similar to MDMA? I candyflipped on new years and that was definetely an enjoyable experience. I had the LSD visuals with a nice body high and no negative thoughts, although I did take the biscuit when I was pretty close to baseline.

If candyflipping is the only way to obtain the euphoria while on LSD would it be wise to drop the acid then two hours afterwards take the ecstasy instead of waiting till I was almost down to baseline? Anyway I can get the euphoria without candyflipping?

If candyflipping is the only way to obtain the euphoria while on LSD would it be wise to drop the acid then two hours afterwards take the ecstasy instead of waiting till I was almost down to baseline? Anyway I can get the euphoria without candyflipping?
Acid is a complicated drug, in the few times I have tried it it has never given me euphoria - including the time I candyflipped with pure MDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.