Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy LSD/Acid Questions Thread III- 'The Bicycle Trip'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored? LSD = cure

Depends on set & setting & how often & why you're using acid ( another way of saying set & setting I suppose).

I have been very bored on acid, but then again I used it waaay too often.

I recently presented an informative speech in my oral comm class on LSD. My teacher had a 'talk' with me because he said I promoted the use of it.

^ Talk on "freedom of expression" next time then I would suggest ;)

Whats the most appropriate benzo to use if someone has a panic attack/gets really anxious on LSD.

I'm going to be tripping tomorrow and we have temazepam, valium, xanax and klonopin available. We will only use these if necessary, sort of a safety net just wasn't sure which one would be better. I was thinking either xanax or valium.

^ Whichever is to hand, if you get really anxious...I'd use valium first ..then xanax...that's just me though.

I'd say xanax simply because it kicks in quicker and is useful for any type of panic attack. That said, it also kicks out quicker, so I would have a 1mg dose of xanax, and then perhaps diazepam a bit latter to extend the anti-ancietyness if you feel you need to. Its good to have them on hand, often they are never used but are comforting nonetheless. :)

Ativan (lorazepam) is also ideal, very quick to kick in (siblingually) and shorter-acting, but not quite as powerful as xanax to put you on your ass.

I know that this has been discussed many times before, but one thing I would like to clarify one thing regarding the use of xanax when tripping..

For one or two blotters of medium dose acid, how much xanax would you recommend taking to reduce the uncomfortable body load? I know taking too much effectively negates the trip, but sometimes I feel that the body load dominates the trip to the point I cannot enjoy the finer aspects of it (the spasms, muscle tension, etc). Would 250 - 500 mcg of xanax in this instance be too much?

I have tried passionflower and chamomile tea however it hasn't helped me to the degree that I would like.

if you want to take the load off and keep the trip going than i would say take 1/4 to a 1/2 a whole xanax (depending on your tolerance) you may need more

the purple alien heads in a place are quite good. you can take tons and it has a party type vibe to it. very strong and stimulating. you can even take more at th tail end of the trip and get just as high! wtf?

*don't mention drugs in relation to places here

Last edited by a moderator:
What do different dosage levels feel like? I mean it's generally assumed that an average tab is around 20-80 micrograms, and the standard dose for an actual trip is about 100 micrograms, but how do we know any of that stuff since none of us have accurately weighed doses? I try to find accounts of accurately weighed doses, but besides Hofmann's (and he only has a couple) I can't find that much. Maybe the other psychiatrist's writings: they had access to known doses of very pure substance and were probably good writers too. I should totally track some of those down.

^Shulgins literature and Stanislav Grov's would contain such precise information. All you can do is believe what your told. If you trust your supplier, and that means you know they are for real, then you can rely on their word; especially if they eat it too in reasonable doses. Unless someone has direct access to crsytal and knows the purity of said crystal, I'd say you can't be sure. But, of course, their are defintely people with access to crystal LSD, and so they can be ;).

swilow said:
^Shulgins literature and Stanislav Grov's would contain such precise information. All you can do is believe what your told. If you trust your supplier, and that means you know they are for real, then you can rely on their word; especially if they eat it too in reasonable doses. Unless someone has direct access to crsytal and knows the purity of said crystal, I'd say you can't be sure. But, of course, their are defintely people with access to crystal LSD, and so they can be ;).

Yeah I know what you're saying, it's just that I sometimes hear dealers say things like "oh this stuff is pretty good, probably 150 micrograms" when what they *really* mean is "this stuff is about one-and-a-half times as good as the average" (so more like 90-100 micrograms).

Who wouldn't want crystal LSD :D

The Magical mayonnaise jar

The Magical mayonnaise jar

I was reading this story the other day and thought it was interesting so I thought I would share it I’m sure some of you have already read about it, but maybe some haven’t.
It is about a guy named Hollingshead back in the early 60s he was one of the first people to get a gram of LSD from Sandoz for $285. he wasn’t quite sure what to do with it so he mixed it with a box of sugar and some distilled water in a mayonnaise jar.
He started giving people spoonfuls of the magic sugar and was one of the first people to turn people on to LSD in the world. It is an interesting story if you haven’t already read about it.
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/holl1.htm

I bet almost every gram that was sold out of Sandoz could tell a interesting story.

^Michael Hollingshead was the first guy to dose up Leary with acid for what thats worth. I think he wrote a book about his experiences (Hollingshead that is).

^ Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought he was called Reg?

I probably am wrong. :\

Not that it matters.

I was wrong !>
Michael Hollingshead was a British-born researcher in psychedelic drugs and hallucinogens including psilocybin and lysergic acid diethylamide

Last edited:
^He was nuts by the way.

Mixing blotters?

So I have 3 blotters, two are of the same batch and one is of an older batch. Both are confirmed LSD... would there be any reason for concern if I were to split the older blotter in half so that my friend and I can both have 1.5 hits each?

edit: also, I dropped on new years. My tolerance should be back, right? I recall 3 days being the norm. I don't drop all that often btw, the last time before new years was around 6 months I think.

edit #2: sorry I keep thinking of things! Were planning on going to the beach with an umbrella.. bad idea? I'd rather not sit in the house.

Last edited:
all this you need answer your self.

and the one question about blotters is, if its LSD then it shouldn realy effect it though the energies may be different depending on the care and respect they were shown.

IMO LSD is best spent out doors or in a group setting with AWESOME music (grateful dead) playing live in your ear drums!!

Status
Not open for further replies.