• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to freebase DPT?Via Bi-carb?I did this a couple of times years ago(It was being discussed on here...crack method).
But i can't remember how.

Wasn't there pink DPT going around a few years ago?

Jamshyd said:
For those saying 100mg is too much, I will give you the benefit of the doubt:

The oldest batch (that I know of) of DPT that was available was a tan-coloured powder that needed a LOT in order to give effects, suggesting impurities (that is why I never dared inject it).

All the batches after that one that I came across were fine white powders that seemed to be almost 2X as potent as the tan powder. I had samples of both, all my old trips were using the tan powder, this last trip I posted here was using the white powder, so itis possible that my 90mg was in fact equivalent to double that ammount of the tan powder that I was used to.

You'd think if they were going to cut it, they'd atleast do it with a powder of the same color.8(

I would think it is probably more of a synthetic impurity rather than a cut. The pinkish/tan DPT did smell much stronger than the white powder, I believe.

By the way... that last trip I posted here... I am still unable to integrate it or make any kind of sense out of it. Although I feel fine (in fact, I still feel the usual golden DPT afterglow), I feel as if somekind of alien object has been shoved inside my brain and got stuck there. I feel that I probably will not be taking any psychedelics for a long time, and simply sticking with Ketamine for now...

Interestingly enough, I notice now that my perception of my body image has significantly improved (ie., when I look in the mirror).

Jamshyd said:
Interestingly enough, I notice now that my perception of my body image has significantly improved (ie., when I look in the mirror).

That's most intriguing. My advice to you is to try not to let your preconceptions/first impressions of the event cloud your perception of it later on. The reason I say this is because you mentioned that you feel great and that your body self-image has improved dramatically. Perhaps this "alien object" is symbolic of or the resulting sensation of something occurring within your subconscious. Whether or not that is a good or a bad thing (or if that's even what it is at all) you'll have to determine over time. The instinctual response to feeling a sensation like that is, of course, fear or at least wariness, so just try to be mindful of that. Sometimes our instincts can be tremendously useful, but other times, such as while tripping, they can be an obstacle as well.

I guess all I'm saying is, as someone who has had a lot of worrisome crossovers between reality and hallucination on psychedelics, I've noticed that generally when they take such hold in your mind that you feel fear or discomfort, it's been representative of something happening within the organization of my subconsciousness (ie, it wasn't just a hallucination), and once I discovered what those were, in my case they've always turned out to be blessings.

But of course, you know you much better than I do!

Does anyone hear have any expirience with or know anything about the 5-methoxy analogue of DPT, 5-MeO-DPT. I can't seem to find any information on it outside of a small article in wikipedia.

I can't recall where, but there was a thread with a couple of experiences and discussion about 5-MeO-DPT a while ago in this forum. Try searching for it, or perhaps someone remembers where it is.

Ace123 said:
Does anyone hear have any expirience with or know anything about the 5-methoxy analogue of DPT, 5-MeO-DPT. I can't seem to find any information on it outside of a small article in wikipedia.

Buried in the 5-MeO-DET entry in TIHKAL is a short entry for 5-MeO-DPT. And yes, do a search here as I have also been quite interested in this tryptamine, and have asked questions about it. There are also a few trip reports on the material in the TR forum.

The dosage is 5-10mg and it's a short, neutral experience.

Totally biased & one sided point of view (like always from me!) - I think the 5-methoxylation of tryptamines does them no favours (but 5-methoxytryptamines ALWAYS give me loads of GI grief)

It seems that 5-methoxylation alters the characteristics of a tryptamine quite dramatically, and generally they seem to produce more physical distress, especially in the GI area. Mostly, they seem less psychedelic to me, except in the case of 5-MeO-DMT.

However, there is one that I consider to be more lighter on the body than its relatives (which are also light on the body): 5-MeO-MiPT. This one is really pretty great, very euphoric and enjoyable and quite psychedelic at higher doses.

Anyway, just some conjecture. I know you're asking about 5-MeO-DPT. Unfortunately, not much is known yet.

5meo's have affinity with a greater range of HT receptors, stimulating ones that produce nausea. Could be countered with specific HT antagonists (is this HT3?), I think?

FB, even 5meodmt produces nausea in you? I am assured that the first few times my stomach gurgled on 5meodmt it was psychosomatic, since from then on it is very gentle on my GI tract (and very accepted anxiety wise in my mind).

Although last 5meodmt (vaporize 9-10mg) trip produced a pretty bad nosebleed at about T+4 hours that took awhile to stop.

i plan on taking a 150mg oral DPT dose later today, last time i took a 30mg nasal dose, and the feeling was almost too much for me, my heart was racing, i felt like vomiting etc.

does anyone take dramamine to combat the body load??? it seems the sedative effect would slow down your heart, and fight the nausia.
what about benzos, or just pepto bismol?
also i hear conflicting info about oral besides the lack of efficency, does anybody dislike oral doses, what about an oral/nasal combination?

hamhurricane said:
i plan on taking a 150mg oral DPT dose later today, last time i took a 30mg nasal dose, and the feeling was almost too much for me, my heart was racing, i felt like vomiting etc.

does anyone take dramamine to combat the body load??? it seems the sedative effect would slow down your heart, and fight the nausia.
what about benzos, or just pepto bismol?
also i hear conflicting info about oral besides the lack of efficency, does anybody dislike oral doses, what about an oral/nasal combination?

oral doses vary from experience to experience, no telling how much is actualy going to make its way to the brain, I think alot has to do with your body at the time of dosing. some people have got effects at as low as 90mg and others hardly anything at 190mg.

I would suggest putting some in your butt, seriously, try ~50mg, then wait for the effects which will come on within ~15min, then if you wish bumb it up again with another 30.

I was wondering this last night laying in bed after I awoke from a HORRIBLE dream in which I was being chased by king kong (who knows where that came from lol) DMT is known as deemsters, would dpt be known as deepsters?

Rectal dosing is hit or miss too, it seems. I have high hopes that 75mg plugged will do well for a +3, though. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

Are the CEVs on DPT beautiful? I haven't heard much discussion about its visuals.

samadhi_smiles said:
Rectal dosing is hit or miss too, it seems. I have high hopes that 75mg plugged will do well for a +3, though. We'll see if I ever get around to it.

Are the CEVs on DPT beautiful? I haven't heard much discussion about its visuals.
Yes, but I find they are muchmore abstract then dmt, acvtualy, realy its been so long (though less then a year) that I can only barly remember them, but from what I rember they are more tie dyed then paterned. more fractaled then cross beemed. but then again I aslo remember contact with people and such, DPT is kinda weird, I remeber sitting there, and seeing a girl who I was currently seeing sitting next to me and then coming to realising that no one but me was there. Im pretty sure my eyes were closed with this happend as with eyes open its realy a different expereince, more of an experience of the world just going fucking nuts, like a roller coaster into a paralel univer over lapping this one. realy I need to try dpt again, sense having this huge turn around on dmt, I wonder what MET/DPT will be like to me now, if I can get what I have been getting from them, or hell try high dose LSD again, or shit any psychedelic again... but maybe thats pushing, I might just find my self where I was 6 or so months ago, so confused, so certine that I couldnt find true continment in knowing that I will never know a thing.

blah, Im not the one to answer these questions, I doubt my experience or explinations are good enough for YOU the reader to even grasp what it is Im talking about. but hey, thats why I'll always offer to show you. ;) :p what I cant let you experience threw my words, my actions will allow you to experience it for your self.

Chomsky divided questions into two categories: Problems and Mysteries. Problems we could approach with rationality and expect (someday) an answer to them. Mysteries on the other hand, were impossible to approach with rationality and may have no answer.

Life may be a mystery. It is sweet, though.

Love! :)

samadhi_smiles said:
Chomsky divided questions into two categories: Problems and Mysteries. Problems we could approach with rationality and expect (someday) an answer to them. Mysteries on the other hand, were impossible to approach with rationality and may have no answer.

Life may be a mystery. It is sweet, though.

Love! :)

think of math, or numbers rather, there are an infinate number of numbers correct? but WE create problems by pulling out singular units and giving them rules, I think the problem is we make the problem. ;)

samadhi_smiles said:

I've never found DPT to be all that visual, certainly not all that colorful. I also consider it rather 'cold' as far as emotional effects. That is not a plus, or a minus...just a statement. I'd consider DPT far more of a 'mental' psychedelic as opposed to a 'visionary' one.

morninggloryseed said:
I've never found DPT to be all that visual, certainly not all that colorful. I also consider it rather 'cold' as far as emotional effects. That is not a plus, or a minus...just a statement. I'd consider DPT far more of a 'mental' psychedelic as opposed to a 'visionary' one.
not me, Iv foudn it to be insanely visual, on par with dmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.