• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I don't know... in my experience, tripping too often causes the physical side-effects of psychedelics to be reduced significantly.

I think if one is tripping too often it very well may be likely that unwanted physical reactions start manifesting. Tripping on psychedelics is (usually) pretty hard on your body and mind.

Take it easy. :)

Haha, sounds familiar. I once snorted 100mg racemic Ketamine HCl and when it began to take effect, I smoked roughly 100mg DPT freebase. I remember the first few seconds, after that my memory is blank. lol It was insane. There's a report somewhere. I seized to exist (well that was after I became this tiny little cross section in an infinite black grid weaved over a white background... I knew I somehow lost the frequency of reality and would never return). It was cool as fuck!

EDIT: Mmmm, eventhough it was "cool as fuck" at the time, I strongly recommend to stay away from either one of these substances. K is like most dissociatives highly addictive for some people and DPT is just plain wild. The second time I took it at 80mg intranasally (HCl salt) I was 'in a very bad way' so to say... Well that was out in the woods, I guess I would've been ok somewhere inside, like in my bad. Didn't have much experience with psychedelics either, a few hits of acid, a couple of shroom frenzies and one or two large doses of 2C-I. DPT is for the advanced only, at least that's how I think about it. Not fun to most people, it manifests very 'bodily' (like tension, shaking) and ensues complete chaos in your mind. Not like the peaceful gentle realms of DMT at all! Btw low doses of DPT can be quiet addictive as well (to me anyway), same goes for DIPT. DIPT enhances my sense of taste to the fucking max and has some erotic qualities as well... Anyway, fuck that shit. Stay off the drugs people.

crOOk

Last edited:
spacefacethebassace said:
I absolutely cannot imagine snorting 90 mg of DPT.

There are so many reports on erowid of serious adverse reactions to this drug that I'm not quite sure how to proceed with it. I've insufflated it twice at 18 mg and 25 mg and I'm not at all comfortable with increasing my dose. This drug seems dangerous and unpredictable.

For those of you who have insufflated/injected large amounts, how has your body felt during those experiences? Have you experienced uncontrollable and frightening muscle tremors? High blood pressure? Tachycardia?

Maybe I've been tripping too often recently and the unpleasant physical effects have become more manifest?

Um... the avarage psychedelic dose of DPT seems to be around the 80 - 120mg point insufflated from all the reports I've read and from experience (for me, a fully active insufflated dose on its own must be above 150mg - and I only use psychedelics in general 5 or so times a year only (note: not dissociatives ;)). However, it is active on as little as 25mg as a mood/cognitive elevator. Kind of like LSD's activity in micrograms - it is active at 25ug and it is still active at 200ug. This means it has a large therapeutic range, Imo.

As for adverse effects, these are mostly psychological due to intensity. I do not think I've ever heard it causing things like tachychardia the way 5-MeO-DMT does. There are some tremors, but tryptamines in general tend to cause tremors.

I do agree that DPT is not for the inexperienced though.

Last edited:
I must be incredibly sensitive. Last time I insufflated DPT, I was at a full+3 with just 30mg. I've gone as high as 100mg (insufflated) but find the best effects through IM injection. Far 'smoother' that way. Insufflation is ROUGH.

Jamshyd said:
Um... the avarage psychedelic dose of DPT seems to be around the 80 - 120mg point insufflated from all the reports I've read and from experience (for me, a fully active insufflated dose on its own must be above 150mg - and I only use psychedelics in general 5 or so times a year only (note: not dissociatives ;)). However, it is active on as little as 25mg as a mood/cognitive elevator. Kind of like LSD's activity in micrograms - it is active at 25ug and it is still active at 200ug. This means it has a large therapeutic range, Imo.

As for adverse effects, these are mostly psychological due to intensity. I do not think I've ever heard it causing things like tachychardia the way 5-MeO-DMT does. There are some tremors, but tryptamines in general tend to cause tremors.

I do agree that DPT is not for the inexperienced though.

spacefacethebassace said:
I absolutely cannot imagine snorting 90 mg of DPT.

There are so many reports on erowid of serious adverse reactions to this drug that I'm not quite sure how to proceed with it. I've insufflated it twice at 18 mg and 25 mg and I'm not at all comfortable with increasing my dose. This drug seems dangerous and unpredictable.

For those of you who have insufflated/injected large amounts, how has your body felt during those experiences? Have you experienced uncontrollable and frightening muscle tremors? High blood pressure? Tachycardia?

Maybe I've been tripping too often recently and the unpleasant physical effects have become more manifest?

EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ME. Should I be trying this oral in orange juice?

Synesthete said:
EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ME. Should I be trying this oral in orange juice?

That decision is best made yourself. DPT orally is certainly 'safer' than rapidly introducing it to your CNS. I look very forward to taking DPT the next time dissolved in OJ. I've primarily worked with it via IM injection and insufflation, but I prefer longer experiences myself.

PS...I never experienced any severe side effects with DPT. The only psychedelic to ever give me tremors was ethocin (4-hydroxy-N,N-DET)

^^^^^^^ spacefacethebassace says it well
I did around (bad scale) 30mg IN last night and felt like i was one the verge of some kind of horror movie hysteria, prehaps a benzo would have helped alot, my heart was racing i had to take very deep breaths to supply my body with oxygen. No significant visuals whatsoever, just more stimulant psychosis esque corner of the eye movement. I kept thinking about sharks, looking at the immage of a basking shark on wikipedia almost made me scream! I had this intense feelig of disgust/fear/hysteria; I'm not afraid of mice, but i felt as if i was a girl afraid of mice standing on a chair hitting mice wiith a broom. my thinking was suppriseingly lucid, but my verbal communication was suppriseingly muddled, sort of like i was drunk and on coke. VERY WEIRD DRUG, i can understand why it could induce relidgeous experiances , i bet if i took it while people were singing gospel in a church i might flip out and start speaking in tounges. i may smoke the salt will this help the body load/nausia?

morninggloryseed said:
That decision is best made yourself. DPT orally is certainly 'safer' than rapidly introducing it to your CNS. I look very forward to taking DPT the next time dissolved in OJ. I've primarily worked with it via IM injection and insufflation, but I prefer longer experiences myself.

PS...I never experienced any severe side effects with DPT. The only psychedelic to ever give me tremors was ethocin (4-hydroxy-N,N-DET)

I would also like to try IM, but I am unsure what syringe size/filter pore size/filter diameter/filter material I should use.

Also, I should elaborate a bit: at 30 mg insufflated, I experienced a very creepy, "about to break through" feeling. Physically, I had to either lie down or pace around all jittery. I felt slight nausea and weird "bubbles" in my stomach. It was strangely euphoric, however. Mentally, I saw breathing of objects when I stared at them. With my eyes closed, music produced three colors: yellow, green, and violet, and there were definitely suggestions of EYES being everywhere. I also for whatever reason kept imagining my face soaring through the air, but in a creepy way, and I got the "shading effect," in addition to feeling the presence of shadows trying to touch my back. I went to bed at about t: 1:00, and whenever I was about to fall into dreams, I would suddenly SHOOT up in my bed. Also, my dreams that night were VERY creepy, for example, in one my ex-girlfriend was working as a prostitute for the KKK. UGH!

Last edited:
also how long should i wait between exparaments? does the body build up a trytamine tolerence? i want to try again today or tomorrow, im going to do about 150 mg oral.

Yes; tryptamine tolerance builds very rapidly. Wait at least a week between doses. Sometimes if you're starting very low and working up to an active dose you can leave just a few days between, but with full doses, a week is generally necessary to remove physical tolerance. If you trip every week for a long period of time, however, mental tolerance to the psychedelic mindstate begins to build, and that takes much longer to dissipate. Take it from me. In some ways I find tolerance to the psychedelic mindstate very valuable because it means you're hovering around at the edge of that state all the time, but it's ultimately a wasteful way to use your drugs, and it makes it difficult to have the kind of experiences you used to.

My legs wobble sometimes when i use DPT...same thing i get on 4 ho dipt sometimes. And sometimes i get a little nausea.

But it doesnt feel anymore toxic than other chemicals i have tried.
The only 2 chemical i tried that felt toxic to me were DOI and 5meoamt.

and tolerance does build fast with DPT,,,i never seem to get as high on it as my first experence...and that was taking a year break from it. But i used other tryptamines in between...so thats probably the reason.

DPT is definetly a special chemical though. It isnt a social one or party one, but more of a chemical for people who want to explore the psychedelic landscape...defintely for more novice trippers

^^You mean more experienced trippers right?

I'm assuming that a small portion of people will exhibit highly adverse reactions to any substance. Maybe DPT is that drug for me...I've never really experienced a significant sensitivity (or insensitivity) to any substance before, though that doesn't mean it cannot or will not ever occur.

In retrospect, I think that I probably had no business tripping last night with the incredible amount of mental/emotional strain/tension I've been through recently, which may very well have contributed to the unpleasant physical effects. Neither set nor setting were anywhere near ideal, and I guess I'm the fool for expecting positive results from a negative platform.

Xorkoth said:
Yes; tryptamine tolerance builds very rapidly. Wait at least a week between doses. Sometimes if you're starting very low and working up to an active dose you can leave just a few days between, but with full doses, a week is generally necessary to remove physical tolerance. If you trip every week for a long period of time, however, mental tolerance to the psychedelic mindstate begins to build, and that takes much longer to dissipate. Take it from me. In some ways I find tolerance to the psychedelic mindstate very valuable because it means you're hovering around at the edge of that state all the time, but it's ultimately a wasteful way to use your drugs, and it makes it difficult to have the kind of experiences you used to.

With the intensity of DPT, I find I have to put a couple of weeks minimum between doses in order to come to terms with the experience (can take 2 doses in one day, but that's almost a continuation of the psychedelic mindset). I haven't even thought about another dose since my 'purple passion' experience (50mg DPT & 50mg ketamine both IM) several weeks ago as it was, well, almost too much to take in at one sitting. Mind from reading Jamshyds report of ketamine & DPT together, I think I still haven't grasped the full intensity of what happened...

More than 100mg seems like too much to me, DPTs effects are wildly unpredictable IME, first time 50mg, I dont remember a thing. The next was 60mg, which produced a strong +2, and another time with 60mg was one of the most memorable trips of my life. (Not a +4, but it was close, I was trying to hold on to reality as best I could due to the setting I was in). All these doses were insuffulated

insuffulating drugs can be more unpredictable as you really dont know how much your going to get, as sometimes you get a nasty drip and basically half of what you snorted then is oral, and other times you have a clear nose and snort hard and get much more of the chemical "up there"

that why i prefer IM or IV, you can get the same amount into the bloodstream everytime. but even then it can still be unpredictable, due to many factors.

For those saying 100mg is too much, I will give you the benefit of the doubt:

The oldest batch (that I know of) of DPT that was available was a tan-coloured powder that needed a LOT in order to give effects, suggesting impurities (that is why I never dared inject it).

All the batches after that one that I came across were fine white powders that seemed to be almost 2X as potent as the tan powder. I had samples of both, all my old trips were using the tan powder, this last trip I posted here was using the white powder, so itis possible that my 90mg was in fact equivalent to double that ammount of the tan powder that I was used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.