• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big and Dandy DOI Thread

True psychedelics don't deplete your body of chemicals.
What? DOI does not "deplete the body of chemicals." The reason that one feels exhausted after a DOI experience is related to the duration--being awake for 24-36 hours is exhausting, let alone having an intense psychedelic experience for that long. But this has nothing to do with "being depleted of chemicals."

^^Well, we agree that most people should not have access to DOx, that they do indeed have a psychotic character, and that LSD is the safer and healthier option. I also get very nasty vibes from DOB (but DOM is glorious).
Technically, LSD is much more likely to trigger a manic psychotic reaction in those with an underlying susceptibility than DOI. While any psychedelic compound can theoretically cause an aggravation of a disorder like schizophrenia, the fact that LSD is an agonist at dopamine D1/2/4 receptors makes it more likely to trigger mania/delusions than a pure 5-HT2 receptor agonist.

Physiologically, LSD is a much safer and healthier option--drugs do not get much more physiologically benign than LSD at therapeutically active doses. And I also got nasty effects from DOB, but never with any of the other 2,5-dimethoxy-amphetamines.

LSD consistently produces psychotic delusional hallucinatory states in me that DO* have never done.

Technically, LSD is much more likely to trigger a manic psychotic reaction in those with an underlying susceptibility than DOI. While any psychedelic compound can theoretically cause an aggravation of a disorder like schizophrenia, the fact that LSD is an agonist at dopamine D1/2/4 receptors makes it more likely to trigger mania/delusions than a pure 5-HT2 receptor agonist.

I am pretty sure DOx work on dopamine if not more than LSD. But all drugs work on dopamine to an extent, it may be as an effect of the way we're feeling. Who knows.

DOx depletes your body of serotonin temporarily if I am correct, that's why DOx's tend to produce very intense euphoria and MDMA-like qualities and produce more of a "crash" than mushrooms or LSD. Mushies and LSD leave me feeling tired the next day but not crashed out, I love the afterglow.

LSD is not considered a euphoriant, it can be but that's up to the tripper and the set/setting. For some people a comfortable state of chaos is not euphoric, that's what LSD causes especially at higher doses.

DOx depletes your body of serotonin temporarily if I am correct

How would they do that when they are not serotonin releasers, but instead serotonergic agonists?

I am pretty sure DOx work on dopamine if not more than LSD. But all drugs work on dopamine to an extent, it may be as an effect of the way we're feeling. Who knows.

DOx depletes your body of serotonin temporarily if I am correct, that's why DOx's tend to produce very intense euphoria and MDMA-like qualities and produce more of a "crash" than mushrooms or LSD. Mushies and LSD leave me feeling tired the next day but not crashed out, I love the afterglow.

LSD is not considered a euphoriant, it can be but that's up to the tripper and the set/setting. For some people a comfortable state of chaos is not euphoric, that's what LSD causes especially at higher doses.

No, I'm sorry but this is completely erroneous. DOI is a selective 5HT2A/C agonist and has a low (if much of any) affinity for the dopamine receptor.

DOI's effect on timing is mediated by 5-HT2A receptors, but neither D1 nor D2 receptors are involved in this effect.
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18404922

It has no inherent dopamine/norepinephrine/serotonin releasing properties as far as I know, too. 5HT2A agonists are known to facilitate dopamine release while antagonists can prevent release. For 5HT2B/C, antagonism can facilitate DA release.

It's never been known to deplete serotonin, like pretty much all other 5HT2A/C agonists that don't have monoamine releasing properties. It's been pretty well studied as a selective radioligand, too.

having only tried 1,g of DOI in the past just to get a taste of it.

what would ya'll recomend i try for a +++ trip?
2mg? 4mg?

fuck it and do DOM?

having only tried 1,g of DOI in the past just to get a taste of it.

what would ya'll recomend i try for a +++ trip?
2mg? 4mg?

fuck it and do DOM?

No more than 3mg. One of my friends who really liked DOC around 6-8mg had a truly frightening experience where time started travelling backwards and then forwards but in fast forward instead of normal with 5mg. Which sounds kind of really interesting but he was freaked out.

I had really bland on boring visuals on DOI... Strangely it lent well to maintaining exactly the same kaleidoscopic visuals on the wall or behind my eyelids for an exceptionally long time, it was like watching a winamp visualization stuck on one present.
what was your doseage? imo doi has some of the most awsome visual and aural hallucinations

and what dose do you take for the most awesome visuals and aural hallucinations?

what was your doseage? imo doi has some of the most awsome visual and aural hallucinations

What other DOXs have you tried? The DOX class has some of the most impressive visuals of any psychedelic, IMO, and a very full-on trip. But among DOI, DOB, DOC, and DOM, I find DOI to have the blandest visuals and the least psychedelic mindstate. DOI also has a strong stimulation and bodyload, which make it less than ideal. You can take DOC pretty high and have it be pretty benign on the body, and DOM seems to be benign on the body at practically any dose. DOI is definitely easier on the body than DOB though.

I agree though about the aural hallucinations. DOI seems to have a very strong auditory component.

ive had friends mix MDMA with DOC and they loved it. Comparable to a candy flip.

Ive taken DOI only once at 1mg. i wouldnt describe what i experienced as a trip. It was a +.
I felt a very nice stimulation and euphoria comparable to ~30mg of amphetamine. It added a nice music appreciation and just made the day a happy and fun one (it was also my first time visiting Alex Greys CoSM).

Ill have my next go at 2mg and see where that leads me.

I find i dont enjoy DOx's in higher doses. Well the only one ive tried a high dose of is DOC (6mg) and although the trip was great fun it was nothing i couldnt get from LSD and the body load and puking a experienced was excrutiating.

So i think i may enjoy DOx's in low doses as a psychedelic enhancer to a day.

And i still have DOM to try...:D

so many psychs to try how does one decide? i usually get too flustered and just end up eating LSD, lol.

DOM has been demonstrated by dennis mckenna to release both 5HT & DA at high doses, probs so high as to be irrelevant...but still.

No more than 3mg. One of my friends who really liked DOC around 6-8mg had a truly frightening experience where time started travelling backwards and then forwards but in fast forward instead of normal with 5mg. Which sounds kind of really interesting but he was freaked out.

A friend of mine had time travel backwards on shrooms, it did not last long.

Hey, I'm just starting to learn about the DOx chemicals... Is there any addiction/habituation/abuse potential? Are there things I should be concerned about, other than the usual concerns with other psychedelics like LSD and psilocybe?

Not really.

The biggest concerns are keeping your dose reasonable and being prepared for the 30 hours you're going to be high. Dose early in the day and don't expect to sleep very long that night, if at all. They also tend to be rougher on the body than other psychedelics, DOI had a really strong body load for me. 1-1.5mg is a good starting place for DOI, my friend compared 1mg to 100mg of MDA, just for a really long time.

is there a lethal dose for doi? just wanna be safe. im planning a large dose for a mind cleanse, thanks ahead.