View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be considered "synthetic DMT"?

What about DMT FREEBASE procured from a well-known and respected vendor/chem. company in China? It is pinkish/orange and seems to me to be very, very pure, and it seems like its most likely synthetic to me. So I want to try the acetic acid/IV test. How do I know if my DMT is synthetic? Is there any way to know for sure?

I dont think there is. I can't think of one off the top of my head at least.

DMT is DMT is DMT.

Maybe a sign might be if the DMT is powdery ball type stuff, and not crystals, it could be synthetic DMT (I believe this may be because it is manufactured in large batches or drums.

Home extracted DMT is crystalline and can be very delicate in structure, with its crystals reaching up out of the dish they grew in.

^I don't know of any way to be absolutely certain, but I know that people have injected the DMT you're most likely referring to without issue. It's very pure and powdery the way I've heard synthetic is "supposed" to be, I haven't heard that it's overly basic the way you might expect an extraction that had residual NaOH in it to be (testing for common residual extraction materials might be one way to narrow it down, no idea how to do this though), and of course it's claimed to be synthetic (further reasons can't be discussed, but exist.)

adrian: Since you tried snorting it, did you ever try using DMT extract rectally like you said you wanted to earlier in this thread?

Purity can usually be judged by the crystal formations. Are they spikey, glass-like shards? Or are they slightly mushy, hygroscopic?

"Pure" DMT is basically colorless. However, there is an unexplained phenomena called "jungle" red DMT, which seems to give effects and is usually extracted using xylene (instead of naphtha or the sort). In fact, a plant wine can be further extracted past just naphtha, using xylene, and yield this orange-red DMT. Another tryptamine variant? Some call it an impurity, others like the added bonus.

I wouldn't expect anyone to find "synthetic" DMT, though. It's incredibly cheap and easy to extract it, so unless a dumpster diver found an accidentally tossed batch behind a laboratory..

But you can clean up DMT. I would suggest, optimally, to do a re-acid/base extraction on the powder. Alternately, you can recrystallize, then pour chilled ammonia (3-5% strength, 25ml per 1g) in with your material, slosh it around for no longer than a minute, drain, then wash with dH2O in the same fashion.

did anyone try to clean up that orangepink DMT? If so did you lose any?

psood0nym said:
adrian: Since you tried snorting it, did you ever try using DMT extract rectally like you said you wanted to earlier in this thread?

Only a very small dose at a waterfall a couple weeks ago. It was great for such a small dose too, prolly only around 30-40 mg. Didn't burn much at all. Not much visual activity besides the wavies, but the entire river breathed with me and my want to run through the woods was irresistible. Amazing experience.

BUT, tomorrow I am doing a larger dose in conjunction with LSD.

samadhi_smiles said:
did anyone try to clean up that orangepink DMT? If so did you lose any?
Unless it was a highly controlled professional clean up I'd expect that they'd lose some due simply to the mechancis of the process. If the impurity was slight, it would be hard to distinguish between how much was lost in the mechanics of the process and how much of it was due to removed impurities. I remember MGS posting about a sample of pink DPT he knew of that was analyzed for purity and I think it came out as being more that 99% pure. I don't think color is necessarily an indicator of substantial impurity, at least not in all synthetics e.g. DPT. There may be white or even mostly clear DMT crystals that are less pure than some pink DMT crystals.

StagnantReaction said:
Purity can usually be judged by the crystal formations. Are they spikey, glass-like shards? Or are they slightly mushy, hygroscopic?

"Pure" DMT is basically colorless. However, there is an unexplained phenomena called "jungle" red DMT, which seems to give effects and is usually extracted using xylene (instead of naphtha or the sort). In fact, a plant wine can be further extracted past just naphtha, using xylene, and yield this orange-red DMT. Another tryptamine variant? Some call it an impurity, others like the added bonus.

I wouldn't expect anyone to find "synthetic" DMT, though. It's incredibly cheap and easy to extract it, so unless a dumpster diver found an accidentally tossed batch behind a laboratory..

But you can clean up DMT. I would suggest, optimally, to do a re-acid/base extraction on the powder. Alternately, you can recrystallize, then pour chilled ammonia (3-5% strength, 25ml per 1g) in with your material, slosh it around for no longer than a minute, drain, then wash with dH2O in the same fashion.

it is MUCH cheaper to synth DMT then to extract it on large levels. to extract 2 kilos of DMT would be alot more of a task then to synth it. Theres a reason the alst well known DMT chemist synthed it rather then extracted it. he preached extraction, performed synthesis.

if anyone is wondering, to extract 2 kilos of DMT it would take ruffly 300kilos of our standard MHRB.

I suspect the powdery red/orange DMT that is found in clumpy balls is synthed DMT thats been stepped on.

psood0nym said:
Unless it was a highly controlled professional clean up I'd expect that they'd lose some due simply to the mechancis of the process. If the impurity was slight, it would be hard to distinguish between how much was lost in the mechanics of the process and how much of it was due to removed impurities. I remember MGS posting about a sample of pink DPT he knew of that was analyzed for purity and I think it came out as being more that 99% pure. I don't think color is necessarily an indicator of substantial impurity, at least not in all synthetics e.g. DPT. There may be white or even mostly clear DMT crystals that are less pure than some pink DMT crystals.
DMT turns pink. Iv had clear/white crystals after a day kinda smeared in a jar while at the river and it turned pink. still good stuff. but thats like extra extra pure, when tehre is ANY yellow it doesnt turn pink but a oranger yellow (still verry yellow if pure).

the clear stuff is what you can bang, use soem sort of acid and drop it on messured freebase until it fully disolves then add water untill you have reached a suitable amount of solution to shoot your self with.

Samadhi,

I'm curious about vaporizing dmt while on oral dmt as well. I'm primarily interested in this as a way of avoiding some of the unpleasant effects of the rocket sled ride up from vaporizing. It would also be nice to be able to explore deeper aya spaces without commiting to it's duration.

Sooo, I'm all ears to hear from the experienced....

Also, I seem to remember reading something from Ott that speculated on possible competition for relevent receptor sites between the caapi alkaloids and dmt. I don't know if it's speculation or fact though.

^^^
yes this problem was outlined in a paper published by MAPS, MAOIs are a double edged sword, on one hand they tie up the destructive enzymes so that oral dmt can reach the brain, on the other hand the absence of those enzymes increases 5HT levels causing more serotonin to occupy binding sites for the DMT. For this same reason 5HT antagonists potentiate classic psychedelics because they free up binding sites (along with causing extreme dysphoria) for the drug to attach itself. smoked DMT with a MAOI is wonderful, it allows time to titrate the dose, and duration that approaches the 1 hour point.

FormerlyHeyoka said:
I'm curious about vaporizing dmt while on oral dmt as well.

When I tried this it was incredible.

The world burst open with billions of particles materializing before me. The body high was also much more intense especially during the come up. The come up was definitely a bit slower, but I don't know if I'd say it was any less intense.

hamhurricane said:
For this same reason 5HT antagonists potentiate classic psychedelics because they free up binding sites (along with causing extreme dysphoria) for the drug to attach itself.
i always thought antagonists occupy the binding sites, but don't agitate on them?

anyways, can you tell me more about 5HT antagonists - never heard of such a substance, except for trazodone, which is working as antidepressant.

FormerlyHeyoka said:
I'm curious about vaporizing dmt while on oral dmt as well.

I believe it's like breaking wind and sneezing at the same time - you do a backflip.

ungelesene_bettlek said:
i always thought antagonists occupy the binding sites, but don't agitate on them?

anyways, can you tell me more about 5HT antagonists - never heard of such a substance, except for trazodone, which is working as antidepressant.

antagonists do occupy binding sites. but activation of some 5-HT receptors inhibits the activation of other 5-HT receptors. iirc activating 5-HT1A inhibits firing of 5-HT2A neurons, so an antagonist at 1A will decrease inhibition of 2A neurons, therefore potentiating psychedelics.

(along with causing extreme dysphoria)
So MAOIs are known to cause extreme dysphoria? Like as in, you feel like shit?

If so, why would anyone want to take them? Couldn't extreme dysphoria screw up an oral DMT experience?

I've experimented a bit with MAOIs alone and they are anything but dysphoric.

I would call them neutral with a potential for euphoria. It depends as with most things on your set/setting.

FormerlyHeyoka said:
I'm curious about vaporizing dmt while on oral dmt as well. I'm primarily interested in this as a way of avoiding some of the unpleasant effects of the rocket sled ride up from vaporizing. It would also be nice to be able to explore deeper aya spaces without commiting to it's duration.

The one and only time I've experienced oral DMT (dislike using the term Ayauasca as I used extract spice and not vine) was so intense that smoking more DMT may have been damn near impossible, and in hind sight, totally not even remotely necessary.

Opium just before smoking DMT is a good way to quiet the heebee jeebees that can muddle the mind in those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.