• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Man if only it didn't last so long. I've really wanted to try a-MT but the length just keeps me away.

Ximot said:
Doesn't feel toxic either. And that's coming from a borderline hypochondriac ;)

I don't know about this. I experienced the exact same, albeit very minor, symptoms two days after my most recent AMT experience that I used to experience over two years ago--the last time I used it. When I'm walking and I look to the side or back over my shoulder I feel a brief sensation of beginning to fall (kind of a 'stomach in the throat' feeling... but in the head). I felt this two days after dosing, just as I did before. I lasts about 2 days thereafter. If you look at profiles for brain swelling--and I recall correctly--after a minor insult this looks as though it could be indicative, but really it could be anything. I'm using ibuprofen and vitamin E therapy just in case.. No other symptoms though. Just the same I'm personally keeping AMT as a 'no more than 3 times a year' drug.

psood0nym said:
Just the same I'm personally keeping AMT as a 'no more than 3 times a year' drug.

Agreed. I'm not gonna fall for it head over heels and take it again and again. Due to its length and after-effects a rare treat. Keeps it quite special. It is the closest I know to taking LSD+MDMA together :)

An A+ for comfortable matter-of-fact honesty about self. Very acceptance-enhancing material. Truly empathogenic yet with a psychedelic twist so it's nothing like the uncontrolled MDMA-push toward being lovey because it feels so good and appropriate but there's lots of really neutral observational analysis of all things I like and don't like about being human, all so very plausible to me at that time, as there is so much love to draw from. I can see how people might get hooked on it if they're not attuned to their bodies and mistake what it does for reality, for who they really, really are when not on any drugs whatsoever. Brings out the good in me, but then I know that I don't want to take it for that. This one is no crutch... it's a reminder of my loving potential. I have to do the work by myself during the days that follow, ... keep the love going strong even after the afterglow has faded and everyday life stressors seem to counteract my self-indulgent tendency to just smoke a joint and procrastinate... wonderful chemical, AMT. A very pleasant window into the psychedelic realm. And funny. Seriously ;)

psood0nym said:
I don't know about this. I experienced the exact same, albeit very minor, symptoms two days after my most recent AMT experience that I used to experience over two years ago--the last time I used it. When I'm walking and I look to the side or back over my shoulder I feel a brief sensation of beginning to fall (kind of a 'stomach in the throat' feeling... but in the head). I felt this two days after dosing, just as I did before. I lasts about 2 days thereafter. If you look at profiles for brain swelling--and I recall correctly--after a minor insult this looks as though it could be indicative, but really it could be anything. I'm using ibuprofen and vitamin E therapy just in case.. No other symptoms though. Just the same I'm personally keeping AMT as a 'no more than 3 times a year' drug.

You know, that sounds like the exact sensation I get after MDMA. That's so weird... I never quite knew how to explain it, but that worked well. It's a really disturbing sensation when it keeps happening, and last time I took MDMA, I had that feeling frequently and repeatedly, depending on the position of my head and my mood, for a couple of weeks. It was actually disruptive at points it was so frequent.

Anyway, AMT doesn't produce that at all in me. I personally find it to feel decidedly non-toxic, other than the headache that normally begins at some point. A couple of ibuprofen takes care of it, though. I find the chemical so physically enjoyable, actually, that I love the duration, except once when I really wanted to just sleep by the end.

AMT has a really special kind of clear-headed but really heartful euphoria that is just great. It's a really useful substance for getting some personal work done or, even better, talking to friends, loved ones, etc for hours and hours. It's extremely clear-headed and sharp; I always feel like my mind is working more quickly than usual.

Ok so, recently my one and only dose of this stuff was exposed to approximately 120 degree fahrenheit temperatures for 15 to 20 minutes. Do you think I accidentally destroyed my dose? :(

How does it look? I would guess it's alright if it was only 15 or 20 minutes... AMT seems pretty stable to me even if marginally stored.

it looks exactly like it did beforehand - that is, dissolved in a couple milliliters of alcohol

Xork, I too got the headache toward the tail-end of the experience... finally got sleep at the T+15hr point at 4am after my 50mg. And very mild muscle issues toward the end as well (twitches). I get those on heaps of psychedelics, but on AMT is's really quite minimal. It's also far less 'cold' (circulation issues?) than most other psychedelics. Among the most comfortable out there both physically and in terms of headspace- although it really does last just a few hours too long. Sleep at T+10 would have been excellent.

Def. one of my favourite psychedelics ever.

i absolutely love the insight aMT provides me, i love being with friends or loved ones on this stuff.. I find that the headache doesn't always manifest but when it does as said some nurofen/ibrupofen does the job ;)..

I find 10mg of tempazepam on the tail end of the trip (after 12 hours) to really help to get off to sleep. I find that although i fall asleep its as almost as if im not asleep just rolling around in deep OEV's. The muscle twitching isn't really a problem, i believe magnesium helps with this.

I am really glad this chemcial likes me :D

Ximot said:

It is the closest I know to taking LSD+MDMA together :)

I agree here. I get a similar effect. It is much less "in your face" than LSD+MDMA, but there is a definitely a familiar feeling there. Several of my friends had the same comment (without me saying anything about it to influence their opinion).

It does go on a bit too long, though. The duration of the primary effects is fine... just right, IMO, but the wind-dpwn phase goes on for too long and the effects take quite some time to fade away.

I've taken LSD and MDMA togtether once, rather recently, and unfortunately for me they did not seem to provide a special synergy. That doesn't surprise me, as MDMA has become a shitty drug for me on its own.

However, AMT is like a gentler version of what I had always imagined that combination to be like. I become filled with what I might call cosmic joy. Taking AMT is sure to produce a beautiful, wonderful, excellent day for me. It hasn't failed yet. The come-up can occasionally be a bit awkward, but not anxious, just sweaty and jittery, which fades as the peak/plateau is reached.

yep, and that's when the headache starts... I managed to get rid of it more or less by having a hot bath prior to lying down for sleep, but in the morning it was mildly present and thoughts were a bit scattered - def. needs a day to recover... maybe 5 hours' sleep wasn't enough though. Some methylone this afternoon took care of the headache, and I can now confirm what I'd been thinking for a while, especially when listening to Xorkoth - comedowns are proportional in direction/intensity to the amount of escapism done while on methylone. When it's open talk with close friends there almost isn't one. When they're not close friends later there's a frustration fading of a window of connection... not so with loved ones.

The other thing with AMT is dehydration... cos I hadn't eaten while on AMT(except for one banana round T+8) and had had one beer I found myself getting up and pissing repeatedly during the 5 hrs of sleep I had. Without drinking more. I think there had been some fluid retention due to the AMT, peeing in the evening was a little difficult, not unlike on E. And so dehydration the next day is a real risk. Skinny bodies like mine don't like that much.

Apart from that, seriously, AMT is amazing - something I'd like to have at hand for therest of my life - even though I'll be unlikely to touch more than twice a year or so, much like LSD. I feel that AMT have a much more profound effect on me than, say, 4-HO/ACO and 5-MeO substituted tryptamines. They have taught me loads too, in particular the 4-HO/ACO ones, but seems that what I get out of AMT is far easier to verbalise and more compassionate. and it's deeper. After I'd done the 4-HO/ACO's a few times (various ones) I found that they just keep confirming what I think I know and what I realise I don't know, but there hasn't been the profound insight of AMT, or, in the right setting at the right dose, LSD - another one I choose to use very carefully, as I feel it goes very, very deep.

i find it quite mentally addictive, it makes me feel very clear headed and confident, but really makes me analytical at the same time too :).. iwould some dihydrocodeience help the next day for a headache?

^^ Exactly. I find AMT to be very world, in the same way that a lot of the PEAs are. Some of the "harder" tryptamines produce a more paradigm-shattering and ego-crushing trip, but after you've had a few of those, the impact remains the same, although it's still fascinating to experience. AMT, however, and many of the PEAs seem to focus on personal life issues of the moment, aiding in a greater understanding of the physical life we are currently living rather than the eternal spiritual life we are always a part of forever.

Interestingly, I can eat on AMT and really enjoy doing so. It makes it so that I'm not actively hungry but that food smells and tastes great. It definitely reduces the amount I can eat, but I'm glad I'm able to make myself do so because I find myself much less drained after the experience when I eat lightly throughout it.

For me AMT is very anorexic. I usually just buy a bag of trail mix or something and make sure I take a bite once every hour or so to avoid stomach issues. I think the headache, muscle tension, and dehydration are all, at least in part, related to one another. I’ve managed to avoid the headache--assuming I was going to get it in the first place--by drinking lots of water or Gatorade and taking ibuprofen preemptively during the comedown. Some kind of unobtrusive muscle relaxer would be a nice addition to the trip as well, especially while trying to get to sleep. I always feel the need to stretch and flex my leg muscles while attempting to sleep; it’s easily the worst part about AMT, which is testament to the drug’s overall benign character. Additionally, I don’t think I would want to do over 60mg without smoking pot during the onset. That period of time can have an edge to it.

On a side note, I had thought the sparks of light I sometimes see were due to perceptual damage from past AMT use. However, I now believe it to be the "blue light entopic phenomenon", where the perceiver sees light reflecting off of white blood cells as they traverse the retinal capillaries, especially when looking at a bright blue field like the sky. It is common to see occasionally, psychedelics just made me more sensitive to its presence and frequency than I was prior. The reason I thought it was related to AMT was that, due to its length, I always use AMT during the day, the time I’m most likely to be exposed to bright blue light. Any other people experiencing this should rest easy.

I'd just like to add that AMT may not be as easy on the body as I let on in my previous posts. It may have to do with lack of sleep and double Methylone ingestion followed by another tryptamine the next day, but yesterday I was so incredibly tired and in borderline low spirits that I just knew it had something to do with my lack of sleep and my excess drug intake.

Once when I took AMT for 4 days straight, I was exhausted and somewhat down the following few days. It wasn't too bad but I won't be doing that again...

Every time I take it with reasonable intervals of time between doses, I have no side effects whatsoever after it comes down. It's also worth noting that with amphetamines of all kinds (well, I haven't tried meth), it becomes very difficult to pee, and I get uncomfortable jitters and what feels like a reduction of blood flow to the head, which causes me to get sometimes frightening head rushes when I stand up. AMT, however, although it shares some characteristics of amphetamine, gives me none of these negative effects.

AMT feels so good and positive and beautiful to me that I wish I could always feel that way, 100% of the time (providing I could sleep with that feeling anyway!), but fortunately, that's impossible, since taking it multiple days in a row causes the effects to dramatically lessen each day. Before trying AMT, I found DOC's afterglow to produce the most sublime feeling of peace and mental fluidity and living in the moment that I'd ever encountered. But after trying AMT, I've found an even better substance for that, which is actually even more wonderful during the peak (as opposed to DOC, where during the peak I'm overwhelmed and not necessarily euphoric). AMT compels me to be a better person, more considerate of others and open-minded and non-judgemental.

Xorkoth said:
AMT feels so good and positive and beautiful to me that I wish I could always feel that way, 100% of the time (...) AMT compels me to be a better person, more considerate of others and open-minded and non-judgemental.

Like methylone... I agree. AMT is a bit long, methylone is a bit short... they're both great reminders of our potential. I suppose the key is to see them as reminders and live life as we are, albeit wishing we were more like that, and then working toward that rather than desperately ingesting chemicals all the time :)

Must say I've only ever had negative experiences with DOC (and DOI as well). One day I shall try again, for trying's sake, but even thinking of it makes me wary... of all psychedelics, the amphetamines (apart from the TMA series) are the roughest, toughest rides I have experienced so far, physically and mentally.

Strangely enough, I used to find DOC very gentle, much gentler than almost anything else I'd tried. Then at some point, almost everything else became very gentle and peaceful for me, such as 2C-B and 2C-I (which used to be pretty rough on the come-up but now are almost effortless chemicals for me to take), and the 4-substituted tryptamines, which used to scare the shit out of me but now most of them are gentle and easy for me. At the same time, DOC became more amphetamine-like and rougher physically, although mentally it remains very friendly for me.

I guess it just goes to show how different we all are.

Obtained some of this, pictures should be in the gallery soon, pure powder. There is 60mg available. I think 15mg will be the inital dose.

Reports from a-MT are mixed. Some love it, some hate it. One problem I very much dislike with any chemical, is nausea and gastric distress. I believe 15mg will prove to be a very good starting dose. The extreme lengths are a turn off. I will continue to read more.