Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
felt like shit???
my few trials have shown a plateau that is very very calm compared to the come up. My highest trial has been at 20mg. Usually at 1-1.5hr there is a strong sense of empathy and some racing thoughts. Then at 3-4h it stabilises and gets very relaxed (too relaxed?) and gets somewhat neutral, very aware of the environment but nowhere as psychedelic/euphoric as during the come up. Ok weed and k can help a lot to spice things up...
Next trial will be somewhat higher, hopefully the plateau will have a bit more going on.

Yeah, I am very surprised you felt like shit after the come up... I've never once felt bad except during the first two hours, and I've used AMT probably more than any other psychedelic. In fact it leaves me feeling fantastic for a couple of days unless I use it several days in a row.

i guess i wouldnt say i felt like "shit" thats a bit of exxagerating

I just sort of felt like "meh bored" and sort of bummed out because the thrill of the onset was over.

Is aMT likely to be a migraine trigger? Is it a vasodialator? Any experiences or friend's anecdotes from people who actually suffer migraines? I ask because stimulants like caffeine often are triggers, but serotonin agonists have been used to abort or even stop the cycle of migraines/cluster headaches, and aMT is both. I know headaches sometimes occur in non-migraine sufferers at the end of the trip but I've never experienced that with low doses or with the hcl (I think it may be a hydration and persistent muscle tension issue more than anything.) My girlfriend gets migraines with caffeine, has expressed an interest in psychedelics but has never done them. If I did it, I would probably do a low (sub-psychedelic/euphoric) dose of aMT before a low dose of a smooth, broad spectrum psychedelic like 4-AcO-DMT to do everything possible to reduce the chances of a bad trip for her first time experience while retaining the classic psychedelic effects. I really don't want to be responsible for a 10 hour migraine though. I suppose 4-AcO-DMT might stop it if it started, but still.

^^ I have gotten bad headaches from it, although not even once when I used it rectally. AMT is kind of notorious for causing headaches, but to me they feel like tension headaches and can be reduced or eliminated with common headache remedy techniques. Then again, I've never had a migraine in my life, so maybe it would give migraines to others.

^^I get headaches from most RC's for some reason. Whenever I get ready to now to take Trypts or Phens I take a tylenol(Or Lortab) right before I ingest.

On Topic- The first time I did AMT was 40mg(2/20mg pill sample) and It took about 2 hours for things to get going. I remember thinking it was weird because at the time I had only ingested a few RC's and of course all of the traditionals(and some not so traditionals) and I usually felt alerts within 10-15 minutes. I started thinking they were old or bad then alittle after hour 2 wammo. Duration is cool for a festival or such, but stuck in the appt for 14-16 hours can get abit redundant unless you like that sort of thing.

psood0nym said:
Is aMT likely to be a migraine trigger? Is it a vasodialator? Any experiences or friend's anecdotes from people who actually suffer migraines? I ask because stimulants like caffeine often are triggers, but serotonin agonists have been used to abort or even stop the cycle of migraines/cluster headaches, and aMT is both. I know headaches sometimes occur in non-migraine sufferers at the end of the trip but I've never experienced that with low doses or with the hcl (I think it may be a hydration and persistent muscle tension issue more than anything.) My girlfriend gets migraines with caffeine, has expressed an interest in psychedelics but has never done them. If I did it, I would probably do a low (sub-psychedelic/euphoric) dose of aMT before a low dose of a smooth, broad spectrum psychedelic like 4-AcO-DMT to do everything possible to reduce the chances of a bad trip for her first time experience while retaining the classic psychedelic effects. I really don't want to be responsible for a 10 hour migraine though. I suppose 4-AcO-DMT might stop it if it started, but still.

AMT can cause tension headaches (headaches from anxiety)

im no doctor, but AMT is a tryptamine and tryptamines supposedly work MIRACLES for people with migraines/cluster headaches.

I took AMT while taking Paxil and felt no adverse effects because of it. That doesn't mean it couldn't be dangerous, it's just that it wasn't for me.

Does anyone have any info or experience mixing amt w/ lsd?

In a couple months some friends and I are going up to Humboldt for a weekend. I was gonna be getting some 15mg doses of amt and sugarcubes with probably a single drop of liquid. I'm imagining after taking amt a couple times that it might add a nice mild touch to the lsd.

Any insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks.

^^ No, but I've always wanted to. I've obtained a small sample of AMT again, and I will be taking it tomorrow night for a gathering of friends. Perhaps soon I will finally try the mix and report back. it seems to me that it would be a wonderful mix. I am very experienced with AMT so I would try a 40mg dose of AMT with a regular dose of LSD.

IMO, 15mg of AMT does not give you its full character, although it is nice. Try 30mg to see what it's all about. It gets less mild as you increase in dosage but it remains very euphoric and friendly and sociable as well.

Thanks man, yeah I've taken much larger doses of amt in the past, though everyone I'm gonna be with this weekend will be taking it for their first time and if we're gonna combo with lsd, I figured it would probably be wise to take it for a mild effect on top of the acid.

i just wanna say I love aMT sooo much...it not a super deep psychedelic or anything but I just love that dreamy, rolly, trippy, eyes rolling back in head, sexy empathogenic aMT feel...damn I think i just nutted a little bit....

Amt Im

Hi,
I couldnt find anything about Im'ing AMT, so kill me if it was yet mentioned. Anyone tried? What would look dosage?

I found that injecting tryptamines gives the maximum efect that substance can offer, and sometimes it is really economic. Thanks for answers.

greets

check the big and dandy thread (use google to search) for comments by Dondante and Psood0nym. They both IMed AMT. I believe psood0nym only takes it that way now and dondante won't try it again that way since it caused a lot of nausea for him (iirc at least).

Merged in a question about IM AMT. I know that some here have plenty of experience with it, but I am not one of them.

In my experience 20mg IM is roughly equivalent in intensity to 50-60mg oral. Only use aMT hcl for IM or convert the freebase to an injectable acid. I do prefer aMT this way because in my experience I plateau within an hour instead of 2.5-3 hrs, tripping time is shortened to a more manageable 8hrs or so (this was not the case for Dondante's 20mg IM trip), and it conserves material. I think Dondante would've experienced nausea if he had used it orally too. I say this because many find using aMT rectally i.e. bypassing the stomach, reduces nausea, and because I've experienced nausea orally with the freebase (many consider it harder on the body) but never with IM. Also, Dondante was using aMT citrate, not the hydrochloride. It doesn't seem like this should make a difference, but who knows.

i really want ot get hold of aMT again, its like priceless to me.. it really is a wonderful drug.. i would be interested in rectal dosing .. maybe not IM injection because i dont really know how to change something from the freebase to HCL

Agreed, I love AMT a lot... it's my favorite recreational drug which is also very valuable as a therapeutic tool. It's just one of those things I have a hard time controlling myself with... it makes me feel so good and at peace that I tend to want to use it every day. AMT to me is like what MDMA wants to be, but fails miserably at.

To change from freebase to HCl you just put the freebase in a small bit of distilled water and add a drop or two of hydrochloric acid, which you can get in the form of muriatic acid at the hardware store. Or you can use any other acid such as citric acid (drop or two of lemon juice perhaps or you can get it in crystal form at a health food store), or vinegar (acetic acid). Conversion from base to salt is extremely easy. But you need to worry about sterility for IM dosing as well. When I used it rectally I often converted to the HCl first for faster absorbtion. Plus the HCl always felt smoother and cleaner to me.

HARM REDUCTION: You MUST use a wheel filter in order to catch any impurities in your AMT if you're prepping it for injection.

psood0nym, wow it potentiates it that much!? I thought it was roughly equipotent, shit I was going to try 25mg IM to start with I'm glad you wrote that!!!

Perhaps I'll try 15mg IM for my first go (i've done 10mg oral and it was a GREAT day enhancer).

Yeah it does potentiate it by that much in my experience. I know others have found that using it insufflated or rectally doesn't change potency that much, so it's strange that IM would more than double the potency (though this degree of potentiation with IM is near standard with most tryps/phens afaik.) Despite the weirdness, Dondante's experience with 20mg (of the freebase weight, a potentially important consideration), even though it was his first time and he has nothing to gauge it off of, still corroborates my claim because it's highly unlikely, assuming potency equivalence between ROAs, that just 20mg orally would make someone sick.

I usually separate the doses by about 20 minutes because they can be pretty stimulating (not bad though.) At this point I'm familiar enough with IM aMT that I can feel a subtle change as I'm injecting it, and feel definite effects by 10 minutes, though your report of IM DPT and MET onset times (thanks for the report btw) is far longer than is usual/expected, so you may want to just wait ~40 minutes after definite effects are noticed before finishing the second half. I think you'll be fine with 20mgs as long as you follow the split dose regimen and wait 40 minutes, as it usually takes an hour for a dose to start leveling out for me, and by 40 you'll probably have a good idea where you're going to be. If I don't want to inject it all I just squirt the remainder in some juice and swallow it. Good luck with your first fully psychedelic dose; though where aMT really shines in my experience is in combinations. Best so far w/20mg IM aMT: DPT (IM 25-50mg); 4-AcO-DMT (IM 10-15mg); 5-MeO-DMT (smoked 10mg).

Status
Not open for further replies.