View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought recreational drug induced nausea and vomiting was usually from stimulation of serotonin and dopamine receptors in the stomach?

I thought recreational drug induced nausea and vomiting was usually from stimulation of serotonin and dopamine receptors in the stomach?

I think it usually is, but can also arise from (de)activation of certain brain circuits. Not sure though. I think weed works like that only it decreases nausea (OK occasionally inducing it), weed also affects your hunger circuit giving you the munchies. So it's probably safe to say that we can emphasize that "usually" in your sentence...

I too have to wonder how toxic it may be. I personally think there could be a correlation between drugs that cause severe nausea and toxicity. The body doesnt want something in there right?

I think that's incorrect, look at ayahuasca and mescaline: certainly those are not toxic and yet there is significant nausea associated with both.
A while ago I was under the impression that body load and hangovers were enough indication of toxicity and physical damage but now I am really careful with that idea. Surely not all effects on your body are expressed acutely and many ailments progress fairly painless.
Partially you might be right since it's quite probably that we have evolved to recognize certain chemical properties that indicate a hazard with our stomaches and emit that by reflex but even so, that ability is pretty limited I think.

Last edited:
How are the dosages for nasal administration?

And can you smoke the HCl salt or do you have to convert it to freebase first?

Generally I like to eat my drugs, but the comeup and duration seems a bit intimidating to me.

Yeah solipsis idk really. I think it varies from thing to thing.

I personally am inclined to say most natural psych's are much safer. Just seems to make sense to me.

Anyway my trip was fantabulous and a TR is on the way.

i've heard so many horror stories about AMT, i think its one of the few drugs thats not on my "to try" list

Sure you're not thinking of 5-MeO-AMT? That one has a track record of horror. Regular AMT on the other hand is liked by many.

i've heard so many horror stories about AMT, i think its one of the few drugs thats not on my "to try" list

As uniter said, you're probably thinking of 5-MeO-AMT. The two are totally different drugs... not very similar at all. 5-MeO-AMT has a reputation for being unpleasant, and I concur, having tried it a few times. Most people have great experiences with AMT, however... possibly a bit of nausea, but nothing like 5-MeO-AMT.

I just put roughly 10mg of what is labeled aMT HCl on a piece of foil and vaporized it (I didn't inhale). If it was HCl it would leave behind some kind of residue, would it not? This vaporizes promptly and cleanly, leaving no residue at all. Has anyone tried vaporizing the HCl form before, and if so, was there residue left behind, and did it require much indirect heat to melt?

What does your AMT look like? Is it white crystals or clear? How does it smell?

White, granular, with blotches of orange throughout. Smells like n,n-DMT but a little less sweet. Labeled 99.74% pure, Danish.

It sounds like freebase, slightly degraded freebase. Besides, if it left no residue and vaporized quickly, it's probably freebase.

Thought so... Interesting. No one before delsym raised the possibility that this source's aMT was mislabeled, but that appears to be the case after I failed to dissolve it in water for RA and then the clean vaporizing of it.

im considering getting some aMT and it would be my first time. I was thinking of trying btween 20 and 25mg, just to produce like a 2+ or something. When i try doing new psychs i like to just "test the water" once before i dive in. Does this seem like a good amount or should i do more/less...?

25mg would be a nice lowish first-time dose. I wouldn't go lower, and I'd go maybe up to 30mg.

I found 35 a bit underwhelming

50mg gave a wonderful experience of pure bliss and pleasure. Negative side effects included muscle tension leading to a slight backpain, a mild headache in the second half of the trip and a tremor throughout the experience. Does anyone else get these problems? Anyway, the high clearly outweighs those issues for me.

ROA was rectally, so no real problems with nausea. Comeup still lasts about two hours and is rather uncomfortable/very jittery.

Thought so... Interesting. No one before delsym raised the possibility that this source's aMT was mislabeled, but that appears to be the case after I failed to dissolve it in water for RA and then the clean vaporizing of it.

And while we shouldnt source talk, from your info sounds like its the same one.

So its clearly not HCL then I suppose.

If it was HCl it would leave behind some kind of residue, would it not?

no, it would'nt leave a residue. but as it vaporized quickly freebase is more likely. the HCl salt need higher temperatures.

What dose would be good for "stimulant" use without getting that much, if any, psychedelic effects? It would be AMT HCl and I'm thinking plugging it to avoid physical side effects.

AMT has MAOI activity. That means it is dangerous to mix with many drugs including SSRI's, SNRI's, MDMA, etc. That is because MAO is the enzyme that metabolizes neurotransmitters. With an SSRI/SNRI/Tricyclic/etc, you are inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine, etc... all of which are degraded by MAO. If you inhibit both the reuptake and the degradation of neurotransmitters, it can lead to toxic effects, including but not limited to serotonin syndrome, tachnicardia, destroying of one's heart valves, etc.

Well I took about 20mg mirtazapine at the end of low dose of AMT (10mg) and didn't felt any bad effects, tho' it didn't help me to get sleep so I had to take some nasty antipsychotic.

edit. Did some researchs and it seems that mirtazapine is very safe drug and is not dangerous even when taken with MAOI.

Last edited:
And also AMT's MAOI Activity is really quite low... While I'd still give it consideration, I think its probably a little over hyped. Obviously before you do any combo, do it with low amounts first. Take it slow.

As far as that neo... Firstly thats a real PITA to plug it for such a little amount. I've used small oral amounts and never had hardly any nausea. I think you'd be safe without plugging.

But Id think maybe somewhere around 5-7mg or so. It sure does seem to start changing and shifting things quite quickly though.

I've combined AMT with high doses of MDMA and LSD (seperately and together) with no problems. Quite the opposite in fact - it's possibly the greatest drug combo known to man <3

The MAOI activity of AMT is so low it's all but negligible, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.