• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MET Thread

In that pdf that was linked they mention 5-aco-dmt, as undergoing similar oxidative deamination, similar to how psilocybin -> psilocin.

If bufotenine is inactive due to poor lipid solubility but 5-aco-dmt crosses the BBB and turns into bufotenine, and is active, why have I seen scarce references to it?

Also, 5-meo-* is trouble. It seems that 5-position anything, relates more to critical functions. After all serotonin is a 5-position tryptamine.

5-Meo's affect HT3, which accounts for their tendency toward gastro-intestinal distress.

5-MeO-MET should be very potent, if the cellular tests are anything to go by.

its been on the market for well over 6 months now, has NOONE out there taken it? Everyone including me was so ready to blast MET, throw a methyl group on there and everyone stays on the out skirts. WELL.... I'll telll you what, someone send me some and I'll smoke itthe only 5meos I havent liked have been AMT and DMT, DIPT/MIPT where both REALY good to me (thanks you know who on that 5meo MIPT, wouldnt have ever done more if it wasnt for your first introduction with two 7mg doses)

so yeah, if youhave some on hand and would liek someone to try it, Im all receptors over here. Im less scared of this one as I am of bromodragonfly. NOW that is a worrysom compound.

Hi :D

Anyone tasted this?

Ive tried the stuff several times (during the year). I can say it is nice substance. can be eaten or smoked

smoking doses:

threshold 1mg
common (middle) 5-8mg (for rest)
strong more 10mg

duration common doses
onset till 1min
plato 15-30min
come down 20-30min
total till 1h

oral:

threshold 7mg
common (middle) 13-15mg
strong more 20 mg (i guess cause never tried till the moment but going to do it)
duration common doses
onset till 15-30 min
plato 20-40min
come down 30-40min
total till 2h

if smoked it is a lot like 5meodmt:) but softer (no strong depersonalization), useful alteration of thinking, nice body buzz, quite eiphoric, more quiet.
very relaxing, stoning drug.

orally it is not very impressive then used above mentioned doses. pleasant body high, typical open eye visuals at evening (dont appear at sunny day), expansion of consciousness. have no any stimulating effects

if request tripreport i will do it but i need a time cause English is not my native language

Last edited:
thank you very much for the info! And welcome to BL!

peace and love! :)
S_S

This one interests me (the 5-meo-met not the bufotenine junk) I am looking forward to more reports on it. I seems like it has potential to be a nice pleasure euphoric psychedelic, I might have to give it a go.

I really, really hope that this is not "euphoric" the same way 5-MeO-DiPT is "euphoric" :). In any case, this is not something I'd actively pursue... I might try it if offered, but thats about it.

Welcome to Bluelight, and thanks for sharing! I have a couple of questions for you:

Have you tried 5-MeO-MiPT?

If so, how does it compare with 5-MeO-MET?

Likewise, if you've tried 5-MeO-DiPT, how does it compare?

My "intuition" about this compound makes me feel like it would be more similar to 5-MeO-MiPT, with more mental focus and less physical. Which would be a very good thing indeed.

Hey Dimitris, trip reports please:)

and welcome to BL

I wonder how IMing it will be? I'll prolly start with an oral dosage...at least until I read more smoking reports. Then try IM if it just doesn't work right orally. But other than 5-MeO-DMT....the rest seem to do well orally.

Yeah, 5-MeO-MiPT works really well orally... it's one of the few chemicals I prefer orally to other routes (other potential routes being smoked, nasal, or rectal, as I haven't ever used a needle).

hi everybody:)

Have you tried 5-MeO-MiPT?

If so, how does it compare with 5-MeO-MET?

Likewise, if you've tried 5-MeO-DiPT, how does it compare?

Please also compare to 5-meO-DET if youve tried that one

Unfortunately Ive never tried any of that substances

I used dmt, met, det, 5meodmt only (from triptamines)

Hey Dimitris, trip reports please

keep waiting guys. it will be here as soon as possible...

Hi all

Here long stories shorts:

...at 23:00 inhaled 5-6mg. Music is playing.
Rapid onset similar to 5MeoDMT.
I lay down on sofa.
Feelings of calmness, relaxation, some stoning drowse spread on my body. Euphoria, especially pleasant sensations under skin, like on MDMA. At one moment toss and turn, next one stand motionless, going through very delicious feelings. Deeply sigh as it gives more high, breathing is very steady and placid. Time goes more slowly. Visuals are present but very weak.
23:33 coming down.
Plato is about 20min but effects slowly reduces till hour.
Strange as it may seem pupils are very dry.

17:45 Took one good inhalation of 8 mg, came in my room, a lot of fumes left inside smoking device but I did not smoke it completely as I felt stuff in my brain very distinct. Music is playing.
Rapid onset almost the same as 5MeoDMT.
I lay down on sofa.
Fast deep in well-known 5MeoDMT-state, but more smooth, more benign, there was no loss of reality, absence of thoughts, loss of mind control.
Pronounced high, patterns on wallpaper became alive. When eyes closed - tipical phosphenes. Time goes more slowely.
I was pushed from my daily life and I could easily draw attention from the outside to piece of my life, to analize, to feel important events that happened till the moment, look forward in future.
18:12 action of drug coming down, visuals got weak, became drowseness,
I would say 5MeoDMT more hallucinogen then psychedelic. 5 Мео-МEТ more psychedelic then hallucinogen.

20:50 I drunk 13 mg of 5 Мео-МEТ with beverage. Listening of music.
Rapid onset after 20min. Noticeble moving of surfaces, traces after hands and legs movements. Foremost dominate strong kinesthetic high, very similar to 5meodmt, skin became very sensitive, extremely pleasant sensations passing through my body. Perception of body, music, surroundings can be compare to smoked 150mg mdma plus “stoned” feeling.
I ate orange. Very tasty.

... inhaled 9mg of meomet. unexpectedly it was quite strong intoxication. A bit scared but in next moment manage to control oneself. state of my mind was very far from adequacy but surprisingly I was able to stand up and change a song from my play list. Quite noticeable visuals, euphoria but less of calm.

^ Thanks for the information!

Will definately be looking forward to this one as well, MET is such a wonderful chemical.

bump for any more experiences. Dimitris where did you go? We got lots of questions for you!!!

peace,
samadhi