• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MET Thread

A study I was reading about Intra-parietal injection to rats ranked 5-MeO-MET as causing WAY MORE errors in the rats finding their way through the maze (this generally correlated to increased potency). The comparison was like 79% error for the MET rats and 29% error for the -DMT rats (or something like that). MGS has the paper, its like 5-meo-DMT and 4-HO-DMT and other tryptamine analogues.

I think this one is going to be really cool. I hope to be blessed with some soon.

If anyone has tried it, please post a trip report. Even a really short one would be nice. I'd really like to know what it is like. It sounds like it could be interesting, but there is so little information.

I'd definitely like to try it someday.

^ Have you seen any information about the effects? I've seen absolutely nothing, actually I haven't even seen mention of a single report of ingestion.

Send some to me, I would be happy to play lab rat with this one;)

samadhi_smiles said:
^ Have you seen any information about the effects? I've seen absolutely nothing, actually I haven't even seen mention of a single report of ingestion.

The only thing I have seen is what is in this thread. That is why I am so interested in seeing a trip report. I'd definitely try it if I ever come across it, unless others report bad effects from it before I try it.

Hopefully it will not be like 5-meo-det, which is very potent but sounds quite unpleasant/toxic.

I would try eating a very small amount before attempting higher doses or other methods of administration since nothing is known about its effects or potential dangers.

Last edited:
^ That could backfire as it might not be active orally, so giving a false idea of it's potency. Take the same dose by smoking or injection and you find it's far too high a dose...

yeah we were planning on just cutting to the chase and smoking it. Starting off with 1mg (and being prepared for something crazy!).

If we can extrapolate the reactions mice seem to undergo, there is something intense going on....I would guess it is much more potent than 5-MeO-DMT, but really, how potent can it be? I would think a +3 dose would be at minimum 2-3mg via vaporization. But, I well could be wrong...I'll probably load 1mg and maybe take half that for the first go.

^^better safe that sorry with an unknown compound

I wonder, how potent can a 5-MeO get, though. I mean, 100ugs is probably pretty clearly out of the question for a +3 dose, right?

Or, am I stupid and changing 5-MeO-DET to 5-MeO-MET could entail a 10-fold increase in potency?

As a side-topic, is it purely coincidence that when you hydroxylate AMT you get a compound that seems toxic (ie causes dizziness, headaches, etc) and when you methyoxylate its fifth position (of AMT) you get a compound that seems VERY toxic, severe nausea, cramping, headaches, tachycardia, etc.

With MET (which is supposed to be a beautiful compound) when you hydroxylate its fourth position you get a very profound and beautiful trip (nearly equivalent to psilocin in depth and intensity from reports thus far). So, should this spell good news for methoxylation of its fifth position into 5-MeO-MET or is this not how things works?

Just a guess, but it seems like a better indicator would be to look at the affects of MET relative to DMT and DET. MET is indeed a beautiful compound, IMO, as of course is DMT. DET I've never tried, but it doesn't seem to have many fans. That would lead me to think 5meo-met would be more 5meo-dmt than 5meo-det, but there's only one way to be sure.

yeah, I agree flying squirrel, a full dose of DMT is about 60mg and a full dose of 5-MeO-DMT is 10mg. A full dose of DET is 40-60mg and a full dose of 5-MeO-DET is 10mg.

I would think 5-MeO-MET works out somewhere between 3-6mg for a vaporized dose. But, who knows.

whats up wit dem flying squirells up in dem trees fryin' on acid, shoot someone better take care of dem.

I’m interested in this one but I’m a little scared, with the power and the negative body effects of 5-meo-dmt ( in the small doses). But 5-meo-dmt is so nice; it might have the possibility to be a good one, but I’m not going to be the first to try it. So tell us how it is?

^ be careful Samadi for every squerl you see there is a least 10 more, you are surrounded so leave your guns at the side of the woods and it will all be OK.

I wanna try this one badley to i wish there was a little more info.Looks like when i do try it ill just start low and find the dosage

I dropped the ball on it. If I get another line on it I won't let the next fish away.

I am very curious about it, but I have a lot of dates with Lucy and Kelly before I will think about doing anything that may turn out ho-hum.