• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The best injection sites.

^^^Is sarcasm such a difficult concept to grasp for you? You need to chill the hell out.

Fight Club said:
Thanks, really, for your contribution.
^^^^^^^^^
Yes, I do understand sarcasm.

If you read enough posts here on Bluelight, you would realize that there are people who just might follow your advice . . .

FC

the most important injection site for feeling the rush is where you inject. i forgot what It's called 'place setting' or something of that sort. Your body releases enzymes or some other jargon that blocks the high if you shoot up in the same physical spot too much because your body knows it's coming and you get a small amount of adrenaline going.

Grab your rig, walk out to the nearest unfamiliar area and shoot up, i bet that rush will be awsome.

That's not the most important thing. It's called situational tolerance, if I recall correctly.

In my experience, it could work both ways. You could either feel it more, or you could feel it less.

I wouldn't advise someone to partake it in, since it's not guaranteed either way. And in the spirit of harm reduction, you may risk an OD.

It is called situational tolerance, but it has to do with the physical location of your body, not the injection site. For example, if you normally shoot up in your bathroom at home, then one day do it in a public bathroom, you may have a different response to the dose. I've personally never had it happen and i shoot in a variety of locations. There are published papers on it, so who knows. It has nothing to do with the site of injection as far as I've read.

Oh yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with injection site.

I've had the opposite happen. Normally a shot mellows me out and I'm less alert, but when I used to shoot in public(car, bathroom, in the street, etc) I'd be just as alert as before the shot. Also, the rush didn't seem that great when compared to me shooting in my regular locations(home, friend's house, etc).

^That's really cool to hear a more "first-hand" account of it happening. I've read the research, and since I haven't experienced it yet I have a hard time believing it. I also don't know anyone who has experienced it. I guess I'll have to find a new place to try!

crook of my arms and the middle of my arms below the wrist is were i shoot up.

Just try it in a really sketchy place/time. Like in your car out in the open when you're already running late for a meeting! Between worrying about people seeing you, the cops rolling up, and punctuality, you'll definitely notice a difference.

What I'd like to know is what exactly causes it? Is it all psychological, or are your receptors actually re-sensitized for a brief amount of time.

I'll have to take another look at the studies to see exactly how they measured the effects...