• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Hey, thank you both :)
Luckily I was not really physically addicted to Benzodiazepines. I just used them to get off the Opiates and to endure breaks when my supply ran out but it became too much. I did not taper at all since I did not take them every day but I got used to it and really did not want to switch my addiction for the worse.

And with a little vacation and distraction inbetween it was relatively easy. But now the challenge starts again every day...

That sounds good, clean break and no problems. I messed up bad and was doing the opiate/benzo combo which has its own addictive flavor. After wding from that combo and stopping opiates my benzo intake went up. Now I trying to get that under control. It really is day to day, someday I feel strong and willing to taper. Others I want to go back up in mgs. I pretty stable and halfed my daily dose but kind of stuck there. Trying tiny tapers like 0.25 a week. Take it slow. I been on them daily for 8-9 years so my problem may be worse than the next guys. Theres alot of people in worse shape than me and hope we can all do this safely and slowly.

Somehow I think I fucked myself by taking benzo's for over 2 weeks now for withdrawal from methadone.

I started out the same way on xans low dose. Changed to clons 2mg 3x per day. That was too high for the simple fact I burning thru pills too fast and a poor person right now lol. Since then I finally made it to 3 mg and going to chill there a week then start that chart taper. Diazapam is hard to find here are very expensive so I can't really get it. Going to try simple taper, just chip off little by little and hopefully get down to 1-2mg would be awesome. I'm impressed you found etizolam without a doctor lol. Sounds like some bad side effects though.If I asked my people about that they would be like huh?? I always wondering how people get these obscure meds. It all depends who you know and where you live. Doesn't hurt to have alot of money either which I don't. Its scary that you did the taper, were clean for months then started having symtoms- anxiety insomnia. Those 2 symptoms spell disaster for me. Good you started seeing a doctor for supervision and help with this. Do you see a psycotherapist or psychologist if you don't mind me asking? I would like some professional help to be honest, not sure if I can do this on my own. Not having insurance sucks so I would have to go to hospital for psych evaluation which is 2-3 weeks lol. Thanks for advice as you been thru this more than me. I have been on benzos 8-9 maybe 10 years. Only after my surgery did I start taking them in daytime. Used to be only for sleep. Thats how my tolerance went up as well as mg intake.

@portalfloyd
2 weeks shouldn't be soo bad coming off. You mentioned just stopped methadone so congrats for that step. You probably going to feel weird either way so just ride it out and couple weeks hou should feel good. The longer you on benzos the longer it takes to get off. Its easy to reach for them as your coming off any opiate. Thats what happened to me also. Hope your feeling better soon.

Last edited:
This thread went dead a bit lol. Hope everyone doing good. I finally made it down to 3mg so can start that taper chart, next week. Going to stabilize here a few days. I even cutt it down to two doses in a 24 period. Thats down from 4-5 doses. Sleep has been way better than expected. I wake up a few times during the night but getting 6-7 hours sleep. In the a.m. I could sleep til 12pm, have to wake myself up. I also stopped taking a dose at bedtime. This helps because you wake up feeling somewhat normal. Before I used to wake up real groggy and want to take a dose. Now I getting up, do a few things and take 1 dose in afternoon and 1 at night. This has happened relatively fast for me so thats encouraging. Hopefully continue this taper and get down to 1-2mg. I could see just doing 2 doses but make it 1mg for both. If I could make that happen would be very happy. This whole benzo thing started for me as 1 small dose at bedtime only. That is how it was for very long time 7-8years. Only recently during surgeries/hospital anxiety I up the doses and tolerance went up too much.

Last edited:
hi folks, ive been addicted to etizolam since the first day i tried it. Due to the bathroom manufactured shite that appears later. it became steadily harder and harder to get proper etizolam strips. I know of not one UK or EU supplier of these.

I can get EU etiz powder, but would prefer to get the stuff from our UK no1 vendor.

In the meantime my box of etizolam strips is running down an alarming rate. So much so that ive had to supplement it with phenazepam. On one occasion i boight about 100mg of phen and was fine. On the other 2 occasions i bought 2 grams and i was far from fine with that. Made me very aggressive, incoherent. and totally out of it. Badly affected me persoanlity and even simple motror sills like typing were beyond me. Not really the way i want to be at all. As much as i hate to it that stuffs got to go (though parts of me keep saying 'keep some on standby for emergencies' etc.

I dont feel ready to stop benzos yet, but could at least make efforts to cut down the etiz. They do fuck all to help me any more due to tolerance issues, sos's i may as well get tapering. Im concered that my stocks will run ouy way before im ready though.

Im thinking of taking a shit load of diazepam for a while in order to get tested postive for diaz at a clinic. How long does the body need to build up enough diaz for a posiitive result ? Then i could chance my arm and ask for a script. I realise the odds are heavily stacked against my favour, but what else can i do ? I have nothing to loose.

Carrying on with phenaz is a NO NO after all the antics it has bought me this week.

Ive been takin etizolam for abiut 2 years, ranfing from 1mg - 30mg a night, i supppose if i was tro back to it tonight I'd take 12.

Anyone have any suggestions please ?

Im thinking of taking a shit load of diazepam for a while in order to get tested postive for diaz at a clinic. How long does the body need to build up enough diaz for a posiitive result ? Then i could chance my arm and ask for a script. I realise the odds are heavily stacked against my favour, but what else can i do ? I have nothing to loose.

that's a bad plan.

Hospitals and doctors can help you taper off if you let them know. Benzo withdrawal is a serious medical issue. Otherwise using a benzo with a long half life, at the smallest dose possible, would be the best option to taper. Diazepam, clonazepam, even phenazepam if used carefully.

preferably, get someone else to dose you, so you can't take too much and fuck your tolerance up. Or lose your memory.

when i say a shit load i mean my usual dose. the thing is i use a thienodiazapene which the backwards uk doctors havent even geard of, let alone test for it or prescrobe for it . So in order to get a script i have to temporarily switch to a comfortable/stable dose of diaz or whatever for a coule of weeks tio establish what my 'baseline' is. That what i meant to say first time round.

From what i gather benxo tapers are far easier to obtain in the USA than the UK. Here it seems to be "you got yourself into this mess now you have to get your self out of it, with NO MEDICAL SUPPORT AT ALL" :|

From what i gather benxo tapers are far easier to obtain in the USA than the UK. Here it seems to be "you got yourself into this mess now you have to get your self out of it, with NO MEDICAL SUPPORT AT ALL" :|

What about options for inpatient detox?

sound like if have to turn up every day, to collect eah days sript. Major ballache.

i have to bhe realistic thou - can i do my myselof or do i ned someone to holdme hand,

Sometimes they start you off with the everyday dose to monitor you, piss tests etc. Its a pain in the ass but I also know people who get scrips for week&month. When they get to know and trust you more likely to let you off every week or so. Just make sure you nice to them and explain you circustance.

Are certain benzo's easier to other to tell you're on?

If I take 15mg Valium my parents instantly notice saying I'm slurring and my speech is slow. Yet I can have 2mg (or, rarely, if I'm really anxious, more) and they have no idea whatsoever.
They can't really tell with etizolam either but can with librium.
Same with opiates. Slightly too much morphine they KNOW, but I can be floating with the clouds and walking on cotton wool on Oxy and they have no idea.

It takes a lot for Valium to have any effect on me. Sub 75mg doses do nothing. This morning I took 100mg and am feeling great. Relaxed and alert but not sedated. I would not recommend this high dosage to anyone, but it's the only level that seems to work recreationally for me. It's not without side effects though (think tolerance, withdrawal), and I would never drive after taking this dose.

It takes a lot for Valium to have any effect on me. Sub 75mg doses do nothing. This morning I took 100mg and am feeling great. Relaxed and alert but not sedated. I would not recommend this high dosage to anyone, but it's the only level that seems to work recreationally for me. It's not without side effects though (think tolerance, withdrawal), and I would never drive after taking this dose.

That is a huge dose of valium. How long have you been taking it to get a tolerance to that level?

I with you on the tolerance level creep up. That was my issue with diaz it seemed like the mg were too high and not working for me. Benzos have never been properly administered to me so I been doing my own sketchy experiment this whole time-9years. Now tapered to 3mg clons but I stuck here with no signs of improving on it. I used my week of hell coming off subs to cutt my clon dose down from 7-8mg per day to 3mg. After that I not too sure if or when I begin tapering again. Seems soo easy its 3mg, lol not soo easy. Good luck to anyone trying to taper, its real hard just like they say. I quit dope no problem but benzos a diff beast.

I've been off Clonaz for 7-8 days now, I feel quite depressed today and I'm wondering if it's due to withdrawals. I had a bit of muscle spasm during first few days which rapidly cleared up and my sleep was bad first few days. I tend to stay up till 3-4 at night anyway though. Would love to just find a balance were I didn't feel like this even though I'm not on anything.

Congrats on being clean. If you don't mind me asking what dose of clons were you on when you jumped off? I trying to do similar taper but kind of stuck at 3mg. Even with that my sleep is sparatic and can't imagine how big a mess I would be if just stopped right now. If you made it 7-8 days should be a good start. Hopefully start feeling better soon. It all depends on how long you on benzos and what the dosage as to how harsh the wds are.

First of all most of this is not true. Equivalency tables mean nothing, the Ashton method is a silly route to take, benzo's do have withdrawals and they are easy to come off unless you hve abused them. If anyone reading this is scared because of what they read on the internet, my advice is do not read the internet.
So, as with all things, if you have been using a chemical like the chemicals in benzo's to mask your anxiety then it depends how you got your anxiety to whether you will experience withdrawals and how bad, also depends on your situation at the time. If you have abused benzo's and you dont need them for anxiety then you shouldnt have taken them in the first place but if you did it is not a big problem unless you spend your days on blogs and reading on the internet.
Benzo's are incredible drugs, if you have some stress issues and need them for 2-4 weeks then you will experience no withdrawals at all, if you do then there is some underlying anxiety which requires you to combat it with CBT or with SSRI's, and SSRI's will be easy to taper when the time is right.
YOu do not taper by lowering the dose, it makes no sense, if your tolerant on 2mg/day on Xanax for example, its extremely rare your going to get a seizure withdrawing and it doesnt matter how long you've been on it.
If you have abused them and are at over 4mg/day then you need to taper first but you can taper quickly to 4mg/day.
Equivalency charts, do not look at them, they mean nothing. 5mg of Klonopin is not the same as 100mg of Diazepam, its completely wrong.
This is how you taper:
Firstly, you do not in any way do it when you are in a stressful period of your life if you have been using them for longer than 4 weeks, wait until a quieter time, if the doctors wont prescribe you and want you to go through hell instead, then get another doctor.
When you are in a quieter period (ie take a month off work and blame it on some other reason), you do not taper down your dose unless your on something ridiculous. instead you use a time method and a GABA drug. If for example you took a 0.5mg xanax at 6am, 12pm and 6pm, then you took 1.5mg a day for a year. You then take the same schedule once every two days for 3 months, then once every three days for 3 months and then your done. Tapering your dose doesnt work, you kep it constant in your system so as your tapering, your still building a tolerance (especially if you have a strong liver) and living with worse withdrawals as you taper.
Remember, the internet is the worst place for advice, it is filled with people who have bad experiences, the people who dont have bad experiences (99% of the population) dont go to a forum for help with other people also experiencing bad experiences.
If you take amphetimines, drink heavily etc whilst tapering, then forget it, and that doesnt mean you cant have a beer or two.
No one fails tapering if its done correctly, so the time related formula is what you want and on top of that take a gabapentin (900mg per dose up to 2 times a day always works) or a lyrica when you get that feeling, distract yourself and excercise. if you get a tingly feeling in your hands and feet then its called hyperventilating, take a brown paper bag and breath in and out into it 10 times or so.
Is tapering off benzo's harder than heroin? no. Harder then alchohol? no. But you have to do it properly and you have to discourage these people giving opinions about their own thoughts. Taper properly, be safe!

Its just information online, everyone does it their way. For me the scare comes from the many funerals I've been to related to benzo abuse and quitting. Theres a fine line between abuse and people just being dependant on benzos for many years. Alot of diff scenarios but I can testify here that its not easy to go cold turkey on benzos. Getting to a low dose can help alot but then you are talking about tapering. If you jumpoff too high, thats when the seizure issue comes in to play. I was at 7-8mg per day and cutt it in half to 3.5 in one day basically. That first week I was getting massive headrush and could feel potential to pass out. Luckily I didn't and very used to feeling like crap coming off various drugs. I have done just about everything and the benzos for me are some of the hardest to get off, have to taper it slow. I quit a massive 15 year dope habbit easier than these benzos. Those wds went away, the benzos stay with you much longer and has more mental dependancy. I made it down to 2.5mg per day so far and next move to the 2mg and chill a few weeks. No rushing this for alot of reasons. If you can jump off quick and easy more power to you. I been on them for 8-9 years and started out really not abusing them, but last couple year my tolerance/habbits went up. At least I trying to get it down low again then maybe think about a jumpoff.

Mixing different benzos is generally safe (as long as no other CNS depressants are involved). Why? Why don't benzos potentiate each other (at least not to a dangerous degree?) like e.g. alcohol and benzos. One would think that since they all affect GABAA receptors they would potentiate each other massively, but they don't. They just add another "layer" to the experience.