• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
really Bluelight? no Avengers thread??

the-avengers-poster.jpg

watch the trailer

I've waited very long, but I didn't want to start another comic book movie thread... I couldn't resist after all this time

Bluelight Disassembled

I heard it was a disappointment and this is coming from my old best friend who dressed up at thor and her boyfriend as iron man.

It was much more awesome than I thought it would be!

As a longtime fan of the comic, I always had doubts about how they were going to make a team of such varying powers/abilities/personalities work in a film, but it did actually work quite well.

I thought they could have taken less time to set up the interpersonal dynamics, but then again maybe that was necessary for people who don't know these characters already...once they actually got into the action though, it was pretty sweet! Some very good teamwork moments, everyone got at least one moment of "well, that was impressive"....Nick Fury was just the right blend of altruistic vs manipulative SOB...all up I quite liked it. It wasn't as good as X-Men First Class, but was definitely in the same league. Marvel movies have gotten much better over the past several years!

It was every bit as fantastic as I had hoped. I've been waiting SO long to see this movie and loved every second of it. It was actually quite funny as well.

Also, I can't recall a time that I've ever seen a movie theater so packed. The guy selling tickets said that every showing (regular, 3D, and IMAX) has sold out since the it opened. Craziness.

i'm a big comic book fan of the avengers and i'm really irritated with this and i don't think i'm going to see it.
wtf at replacing ant-man and wasp with captain america and black widow as founders?
black widow that fucking ruski cunt was not a founder.
the fact that they introduced her before quicksilver AND scarlet witch is atrocious.
she wasn't even around the first decade.

and scarlet witch/wanda is probz never going to be in it (because of BS with ownership rights in the films), which means neither is quicksilver/pietro which means no house of M.
also there will probably never be X-Men cross overs cause of the same reason.

dumb.
dumb dumb dumb.
what a clusterfuck.

and the first hulk movie was so much better. fuck the comic book films now. first spiderman and first hulk 4eva<3 (spiderman sequels were shit though)

Last edited:
^ Captain America is a founding Avenger. Black Widow is pretty close. they had a lot to choose from, and I think that they chose the heroes well

that being said - THIS MOVIE WAS EFFING AWESOME! it was a bit long, but there was never a dull moment due to the visually transcendent fight scenes or the honest, quick-tongued dialogue thanks to Writer + Director Joss Whedon. I would go as far to say that the Avengers may be the best action movie ever made

Robert Downey Jr stole the show again, and now I am surprised to say that an almost second tier Marvel hero like Iron Man has now officially and permanently eclipsed any popularity that he held from his comic books alone. Captain America may be the "soldier" and leader of the Avengers, but Tony Stark was the most interesting and captivating

I was very much skeptical as to Mark Ruffalo being the new Hulk, as I thought even Edward Norton was bad at portraying the Hulk (and don't get me started on Eric Bana). the Hulk was troubled-but-calm, and the really showed off that regardless of physical strength - the two personas of Dr. Bruce Banner (Hulk) and Tony Stark (Iron Man), are also well-rounded men due to being intellectual hyper-geniuses

once again, the action blew my eyes and mind away. everything in this movie was set up to be as epic as possible - and they succeeded

Samuel L. Jackson was once again good as S.H.I.E.L.D Director Nick Fury. the bad guy(s) were good enough, due to there being an army of them

the BEST part of the movie was the fight scene of the Hulk VS Loki! that scene had the entire audience CRACKING UP (if you've seen the movie then click the NSFW tags to bask in this divine moment by way of animated GIF)

NSFW:
hulk_smash_loki.gif

even on a Sunday night, my local nice-but-normally-dead movie theater was a bit packed in. the movie reacted very well with the audience. it was nice to see fellow fellows point out such things like Stan Lees perpetual Marvel Comics movie cameo. just a fun, great audience! it's nice to see comics fans go to the movies and have fun, but not be all drooling at the mouth, younger and likely naive tweens who no doubt are screaming at you on how they are going to see Harry Potter again

I gave this movie a perfect rating. it was intelligent with its witty dialogue, it was flawless in its action, and it's style of directing was just what it needed to be

5 out of 5 stars!! thanks, Joss Whedon!

Last edited:
^nope. captain america was not technically a founder.
neither was hawkeye.
and scarlet witch>any other female comic book character ever.
i'll never forgive them. i boycott it cause of this.
she's the sickest.
she's way more intertwined and influential on the whole marvel universe than black widow too...and she's got way better skills/powers.

and come on. ant man and wasp!!!!

I see what you're saying, Captain America didn't appear in the very first Avengers comics, but the Captain is given a sort of "retroactive" founder type of title. if what you mean is Avengers #1 published in 1963, then the founding members would be the Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor. but let's face it... the Hulk was nowhere near the Hulk as we all know him to be (he could talk and think like Dr Banner as the Hulk, more) and either were really Thor, Wasp, and most especially Ant-Man

I mean, I've read that aforementioned comics. I have probably spent an un-Godly amount of money on comics, and my point is that even such a hard-core fan of comics such as myself (who still goes to the comics shop every Weds) isn't pissed about this - should you really be so indignant? I'm not trying to come off as a pretentious ass, I am really asking here...

and you are really that livid about Ant-Man and Wasp? the current Ant-Man is a huge asshole and he beat up his wife - the Wasp - and is basically a scientific genius who is an outcast. his comics have historically never sold well, although I did like Robert Kirkman's short run of "the Irredeemable Ant-Man," who he painted him as an even more less likable character - he was a criminal too

the Wasp was going to be on, but it's not like she was ever a major player. she has gotten some love recently in the comics in the mid-2000s, but all she amounts to is Ant-Man's wife and side-kick (and punching bags, in some stories)

when even casual comics fans think of the Avengers, they think of those heroes that were cast: primarily Capn, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, etc

I love Scarlet Witch (and her brother and fellow offspring of Magneto, Quicksilver) - but if you are such an Avengers purist than you should know that they were nowhere near being such recognizable, founding members. hell, they obviously first appeared in X-Men where they both were obviously bad guys

I like the fire in your ire - but I think you are misfiring by a long shot, here

black widow just made no sense.

How about Scarlet Witch? Even She-hulk would probably be better than Black Widow...Anyone else think if they were going to mix-it-up for the film, that they could have chosen a better chick than Black Widow? why not choose a better female Avenger? The comic books Avengers have so many better female leads to choose from. There are plenty of cooler women Avengers out there, if they were going to create a team of Avengers that really weren't ever together in the comic books... Why not mix it up? Or even better, go with the original Avengers line-up. That's all Im saying... Black Widow didnt really join the team till way later in the origin story.

Question: If they were going to do an Avenger's film and not use the original Avengers, why not choose someone awesome like Scarlet Witch? And Wasp was an original Avenger, why skip out on her?

Black Widow's abilities are backflips and shooting things. OooOoooO.

She wouldn't be my first choice due to not having any real powers

i quote these people from other boards for pointing out my issue better than i did.

big eye-roll for this choice...
and scarlett johanson ugh. she's just eyecandy. it's so obvious.
they were lazy to introduce a complex female character and didn't want to do a solo superhero movie about a woman that a better choice of a female character would've required so they tossed her in and cast a hot bitch and called it a day.

I see what you're saying, Captain America didn't appear in the very first Avengers comics, but the Captain is given a sort of "retroactive" founder type of title. if what you mean is Avengers #1 published in 1963, then the founding members would be the Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor. but let's face it... the Hulk was nowhere near the Hulk as we all know him to be (he could talk and think like Dr Banner as the Hulk, more) and either were really Thor, Wasp, and most especially Ant-Man

I mean, I've read that aforementioned comics. I have probably spent an un-Godly amount of money on comics, and my point is that even such a hard-core fan of comics such as myself (who still goes to the comics shop every Weds) isn't pissed about this - should you really be so indignant? I'm not trying to come off as a pretentious ass, I am really asking here...

and you are really that livid about Ant-Man and Wasp? the current Ant-Man is a huge asshole and he beat up his wife - the Wasp - and is basically a scientific genius who is an outcast. his comics have historically never sold well, although I did like Robert Kirkman's short run of "the Irredeemable Ant-Man," who he painted him as an even more less likable character - he was a criminal too

the Wasp was going to be on, but it's not like she was ever a major player. she has gotten some love recently in the comics in the mid-2000s, but all she amounts to is Ant-Man's wife and side-kick (and punching bags, in some stories)

when even casual comics fans think of the Avengers, they think of those heroes that were cast: primarily Capn, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, etc

I love Scarlet Witch (and her brother and fellow offspring of Magneto, Quicksilver) - but if you are such an Avengers purist than you should know that they were nowhere near being such recognizable, founding members. hell, they obviously first appeared in X-Men where they both were obviously bad guys

I like the fire in your ire - but I think you are misfiring by a long shot, here

i haven't been following anything past house of M.

and i know they're not "founding members" and i know captain america's deal. but they were around much longer than black widow...
i guess the whole separation is what bothers me. everything is so interconnected and hollywood tore it up and therefore the stories and characters are suffering.
they really need to bring XMEN into this world, and they won't.
what fun is that? these production companies are so greedy they're disengaging a decent portion of the fanbase by doing shit like this i'd say.

my point on ant-man and wasp is why change the founders? just...why? it's like omitting ron weasley and hermione granger from harry potter and sticking like luna and idk...some other later male character (i'm sleepy and not articulate right now, sorry) it just is a silly and unnecessary change.

to me the choice for black widow was really weird.

idk. i'm kind of over the marvel movies. they're always such disappointments to me after the first spiderman and xmen.

honestly everything from that source you posted I can't take seriously. he wants She-Hulk in the Avengers? WTF she would be a horrible choice, far too cartoony to be fleshed out on the silver screen

this Avengers movie excelled because it was as real as a movie about God-like people saving the world from Invader(s) from another dimension/planet could be. I will support this by pointing to the fact of how troubled our heroes are/were in this movies, and also point to the fact that they seldom got along in the beginning and there were a lot Avenger VS Avenger fight scenes...

BUT to get real nerdy here (hoped this wouldn't happen), the current onslaught of Marvel Comics heroes movies and this Avengers movies aren't truly based on Avengers #1 and the subsequent issues that followed. that would be lame in all the ways in that old cartoon version of the DC Comics Justice League (Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, AQUAMAN, et al) can prove to be...

this Avengers movie and the single heroes movie is essentially based upon the Ultimates, which was produced when Marvel re-vamped all of their classic heroes and started from scratch with all of their respective tales. so essentially, writers could give a whole new, updated, origin on these characters. these titles I'm speaking of were called Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, etc and the Avengers were changed to the ULTIMATES, where...

Nick Fury, once again the head of operations here, was changed to weird looking buff white dude with an eye patch to Samuel fucking L Jackson with an eye patch:

NICKFURY_ULTIMATE.jpg

the comics writers/artists said they imagined this new, black, Nick Fury as Samuel L - that much is obvious

I mean, it's totally better than that gawd-awful 1998 made-for-TV movie Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD that starred, hilariously, the Hoff

david_hasselhoff_nick_fury.jpg

and it's even better than the lame, white, version of Nick Fury way before in beginning of Avengers up to the 2000s:

nickfury007.jpg

normally the re-imagining of the origin of any story that is held near and dear to the hearts of many is a bad, BAD idea - but Marvel pulled it off with grace. mostly because the characters became more real - this was about a super-hero group, the Avengers, in a mordern terrorist-riddled post-9/11 World... you know, our world

so if one is going to boycott this movie over something absurd, I think this is the route one should go

btw - Samuel L killed it in his depiction of Fury. about the role Jackson commented: "It's always good to play somebody that is a positive in society as opposed to somebody who is a negative. . . I tried to make him as honest to the story and as honest to what real-life would seem." Jackson compared the character to Ordell in Jackie Brown, calling him "a nice guy to hang out with, you just don't want to cross him" (bad ass)

ugh.
that's why i hate it.
it's the crappy new crap.
lamesauce.

i should have been a film major just so i could properly adapt all the things i love. everyone else always fucks it up somehow.
i could do HP, the hunger games and avengers 10x better among other things lolz

Last edited:
i'm going to say 1 more thing.
if they introduce vision without doing her yet i'm going to personally hurt someone responsible.

Saw this with my little brother a couple nights ago. Neither of us are really big Avengers fans. Never really followed the comics (personally not that into super hero comics except for Batman and one or two others). Anyway we enjoyed it. It was thoroughly entertaining. Even though there were certain parts that we didn't entirely understand we didn't care because the action made up for it. In this the movie is a success because movies like this need to appeal to the fan base as well as entertain the non-hardcore comic fans like me and my brother.

My two cents on this debate.

No comic book to movie adaption is going to satisfy EVERY die hard fan of the comics. Chances are there will always be some fanboy or gal that is upset about how a movie handled a certain character or left one out or whatever. But you gotta remember they are making a multi million dollar movie here. The movie has to appeal to more people than just the comic book fans. If they made the movie that followed the comics exactly they would lose a lot of viewers.

IMHO if you added characters like Ant man or Wasp (characters I honestly know almost nothing about) I think the movie would have turned out really weird and campy, not to mention cartoony in all the wrong ways.

Batman and Robin is a great example of how comic movies can go horribly wrong. Robin is just not a good character. That is why Christopher Nolan has said that he will never include Robin in his Batman trilogy. A great and wise decision that no doubt angered some Batman fan boys.

okay so Captain America appeared as an official Avengers in the Avengers #4, not Avengers #1

so Captain America wasn't an Avenger for the first three months of their history. are you really that mad about it? I didn't know you were this much into comics (or are you mad because of my quick jab at Harry Potter fans? ;))

and yeah, new stuff is lamesauce, but the Ultimates line was a runaway success. and this isn't a TV show or a movie here - this is comics. you know how so hard to please some certain fan boys are. if they did it right and got a great critical response in the comics, then they did something right

okay so Captain America appeared as an official Avengers in the Avengers #4, not Avengers #1

so Captain America wasn't an Avenger for the first three months of their history. are you really that mad about it? I didn't know you were this much into comics (or are you mad because of my back-hand stab at Harry Potter fans? ;)

and yeah, new stuff is lamesauce, but the Ultimates line was a runaway success. and this isn't a TV show or a movie here - this is comics. you know how so hard to please some certain fan boys are. if they did it right and got a great critical response in the comics, then they did something right

i'm going to say 1 more thing.
if they introduce vision without doing her yet i'm going to personally hurt someone responsible.

oh wow, so you are talking about the Ultron story-line of Vision and that whole Oedipus Conflict he felt over his "dad" (Hank Pym aka Ant-Man) and his wife (or "mom") the Wasp? or are you talking about Scarlet Witch + Vision + Ultron, where the Ultron were an army of robo-soldiers created by Ant-Man, but due to a chance encounter with the Scarlet Witch, the Ultron become violently self aware?

if you are referencing the latter, that happened in the Ultimate Marvel Universe

IMHO if you added characters like Ant man or Wasp (characters I honestly know almost nothing about) I think the movie would have turned out really weird and campy, not to mention cartoony in all the wrong ways.

Batman and Robin is a great example of how comic movies can go horribly wrong. Robin is just not a good character. That is why Christopher Nolan has said that he will never include Robin in his Batman trilogy. A great and wise decision that no doubt angered some Batman fan boys.

as always, I agree with Freddy...

however, I am mad impressed with your comic book knowledge. you really like this stuff, huh? I never knew. that's awesome :)

downloaded it, never watched

superhero movies are meh to me

No Hank; Don't give a fuck.

And why did they choose Loki? of all the villains they choose the most trivial insignificant villain as the ONE. Should have been Hydra. or MODOK (lol)