Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Avengers

how many stars?

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just want a black panther movie. Haha, T'Challa can kick the avengers asses around the block. There is aporoblem with your super hero tem when you get your ass kicked by an african ninja who's only difference form a normal person is that he eats cocaine peppers.

or in an imaginably racist as fuck but movie I would see way luke cage and black panther.

As someone who is not--and never has been--a huge comics geek, especially outside of Batman and The Uncanny X-Men, and who went into this movie only having seen Thor and Iron Man, I was totally blown away. Terrific fun, and the cast is both balanced and has wonderful chemistry. May become my all-time favorite superhero flick.

Last edited:
I agree with the above two posters. I went into this movie thinking "In Joss Whedon We Trust" - and Whedon did not fail to deliver the goods. how could this movie go wrong? the only people talking shit about this movie have only seen a couple Avengers cartoons as a kid, and have not even seen this movie. as a person who owns way too many comics to count, this film pleased both the serious fans (mostly with its competent and witty dialogue) and it was good enough of an action flick to stand alone and be enjoyed for those who have not seen any previous Marvel movies or read any Marvel comics (as seen from above)

Joss Whedon did very well. but that's what I expected. all the comics he wrote for Marvel were amazing (his starting run on Astonishing X-Men, most particularly) and of course I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

As someone who is--and never has been--a huge comics geek, especially outside of Batman and The Uncanny X-Men, and went into this movie only having seen Thor and Iron Man, I was totally blown away. Terrific fun, and the cast is both balanced and has wonderful chemistry. May become my all-time favorite superhero flick.

:| do you include the nolan films in this?

and it was good enough of an action flick to stand alone and be enjoyed for those who have not seen any previous Marvel movies or read any Marvel comics

Agreed :)

Re Nolan: To qualify, let's just say this is the best superhero flick I've seen featuring a specific group, let alone with an ensemble cast.

This is probably the best feature length live action super-hero entertainment I've seen. My familiarity with the Marvel universe is confined to cartoons and movies, and this seemed to function within the universe of the movies. This approach seems wholly appropriate, as it's a movie, and trying to be faithful to another medium just to appease a bunch of dorks enamored with the fantasy and intricate narrative depths of non-moving illustrations and print is folly because so much of the translation for big screen general audiences will necessarily be clunky and awkward. Use what works, scrap the rest, and make the story that works at 24 frames per second, dorks be damned. Hell, the comic book universe is a multi-verse -- it's not even faithful to itself -- so why bother trying in a movie?

Did anyone else find the sight of Black Widow fighting with her two pea shooters hilarious when juxtaposed with Thor, with his magical lightning hammer and deific powers, and the Hulk, a creature whose physical power can seemingly grow infinitely with its rage? And the bow and arrow guy?... heh. It seemed like those two were in there to set up a plot for a grittier more realistic future film more along the suspension of disbelief lines of "The Punisher" (that is, a darker, more realistic, political-intrigue-tinged action hero type of flick devoid of the "really super" super powers). Don't get me wrong, Black Widow's furtive motives in speaking with Loki justified the inclusion of her and her more cerebral talents narratively, I just thought she was a puny inclusion in an epic battle with city-block-sized flying dragon worms from far space attacking Manhattan.

Also [spoiler question]:
NSFW:
there was a discussion between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner aboard Shield's flying fortress that seemed to allegorically justify (or at least hint to) why the Hulk's scream was able to jolt Iron Man back to life towards the end -- and also partially why The Hulk was able to control his powers and work with a team -- but I was on too much MXE and cannabis to remember what it was (or if it even happened the way I think it did). Anyways, I thought that discussion was probably the most substantial dialogue in the movie, and can't friggin' remember it or discern whether I invented it in my own drug-addled mind. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Last edited:
pi;(well maybe not a pinicale of character development, but a good movie thta was made by an amaeture(black swan))

You think Darren Aronofsky is an amateur film maker? Wtf are you smoking?

^That didn't necessarily make him an amateur. Unseasoned/inexperienced professional seems more appropriate especially considering the skill in which he displayed making Pi.

Last edited:
psood0nym: yeah, I know what you're talking about. first off, AGAIN Joss Whedon delivered on so many levels with this movie because of his witty dialogue packed with his signature snark. and when Bruce Banner and Tony Stark were studying/chit-chatting among themselves, that was some of the best scenes in the Avengers - and they weren't in their costumes or in SMASH mode (go figure)!! I especially remember the quips that the two "nerds" (Stark + Banner) snarked on about Captain America - HILARIOUS!!

however, they never really got around to explaining how the Hulk got to control himself so much... I think he just found himself ;) the comics usually point to the Hulk going on transcendental experiences in the Himalayas and with Buddhism, to control his anger, and that explanation is what I am going to believe for this movie. and I also think that you would be quite 'down' with this explanation ;)

and DAYUM. Darren Aronofsky is an amateur and the Avengers was a horrible movie?!?! these are the reasons why I have stayed out of this thread, sadly...

Like most superhero movies was abit too long I get a bit bored towards the end.

^That didn't necessarily make him an amateur. Unseasoned/inexperienced professional seems more appropriate especially considering the skill in which he displayed making Pi.

"Unseasoned/inexperienced professional"=amateur.

^That is not the definition of amateur.

am·a·teur/ˈamətər/
Noun:
A person who engages in a pursuit, esp. a sport, on an unpaid basis.

Pi had a 60,000 dollar budget and made over 3 million at the box office. I think it is safe to say that he made money on that film.

Amateur can also mean "... a person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science, without pay and often without formal training." Darren did have have formal training as you said yourself he was fresh from film school. So again calling him an amateur does not make sense.

If you are talking about the quality of his work however it makes even less sense. Pi was an excellent film. Obviously not the work of an Amateur but of a budding film maker developing his craft.

Also if an amateur is defined by how early he/she is in their professional career than all professionals are amateurs at their starting point which makes even less sense.

For example is a boxer who just started his professional career an amateur boxer? Or is a lawyer fresh from law school an amateur lawyer? I think not.

and DAYUM. Darren Aronofsky is an amateur and the Avengers was a horrible movie?!?! these are the reasons why I have stayed out of this thread, sadly...

This

Last edited:
POST-CREDITS SPOILER:
NSFW:
did anybody see the end of the credits, where the Chitauri were bowing to a dimly lit "Master" aka Thanos???

thanos.jpg

the averagers was ok, finally saw it today. just what i have come to expect from good marvel features. 3/5 they balanced the characters well.

Re Axl:
NSFW:
I saw it. To show you how clueless I am, I thought it was Darkseid, who isn't even in the Marvel universe.

^
NSFW:
I didn't know who it was either. But when I saw him I thought: this character seems to be very similar to Darkseid (who I know because of the 90s Super Man cartoon). He looks very similar, and he's got a dark cosmic overlord who rules through cruelty and overwhelming power/comic-book-fantasic-derivative-of-devil-myths feel to him ... Darkseid. Just from his look and the context he struck me as DS so much that I went home and found out who he was, then looked him up on Wikipedia and did a ctrl F for "Darkseid" (because I was just that certain there's no way everyone isn't thinking the same thing as me). Turns out the creator of the character at Marvel modeled it on DS. I get the feeling Marvel copies DC quite a bit, and probably vice versa but to not as great an extent (and they both largely extrapolate from ancient myths in their character designs, obviously, as super hero characters are transparently intended to be "New Gods").

Last edited: