Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Busts Mega-Thread El Número Cuatro DISCUSSION thread

YES. ;D.
we are aussies aren't we? ;p

Or are people just trying to live up to the stereotype? ;)

We've discussed this in the mod thread and drug_mentor is right, AusDD is the exception and there is no good reason why we are. We'll have a re-direct here and we may leave it as a permanent link to the relevant DiTM thread to make it easier for everyone.

lol sus, no we dont. You may think we live in one. but really, we are all in some form of dictatorship. Difference between us and the north koreans = we think we live in a free country, but we actually aren't. They know they live in a dictatorship, and accept that fact. :p

Well thats the way its meant to be, thats what (meant to) separates us no?

By the same logic it makes no sense to have a drugs in the media forum? Since there are regional threads for pretty much every region in the world, yet this is the only regional forum I have noticed allowing media articles to be posted...

It honestly isn't the deal people are making it out to be, it takes all of two seconds to navigate from AusDD to DitM and the fact of the matter is the nay sayers are probably going to have to get used to it. Ofcourse we intend to leave a thread redirect but the thread is most likely going to end up in DitM. If the UK'ers, Europeans and North Americans can deal with going over there for their news why is it such a hard pill for Aussies to swallow? Are the majority of our posters truly that lazy?

It's not a problem for me personally, since I check DITM every time I'm on BL, but I'm sure that's not the same for a lot of the people here, yet alone those who register and drop by for the first time and never bother to visit DITM.

Besides, is any of this stuff particularly relevant to the rest of the world? Do they care who got caught trying to carry 10kg of shard into Australia or whatever?

The move just makes no sense. I'd reserve DITM for news that's of an international interest, and keep the thread we have here.

If it's not broken, don't fix it?

headdah said:
lol sus, no we dont. You may think we live in one. but really, we are all in some form of dictatorship. Difference between us and the north koreans = we think we live in a free country, but we actually aren't. They know they live in a dictatorship, and accept that fact.

Do you love Big Brother?

(not a reference to the awful TV show)

Last edited:
just wanna thank poledriver for diggin up all the busts is asia..

love reading the shit that goes on in thailand %)

Sunshine Coast drug raids
FEBRUARY 23, 2012, 4:54 PM
The Sunshine Coast Drug Enforcement Team has closed a seven month long operation today disrupting a drug network operating across the Sunshine Coast District.

Police executed 20 search warrants on residences and properties throughout the district resulting in 22 people being charged with 70 drug related offences including 10 people charged with drug trafficking, production of dangerous drugs and other drug related matters.

Operation Juliet Stilton began in June 2011 targeting drug networks throughout the district. Police allegedly seized large quantities of amphetamines, cannabis and other items including property and money.

Sunshine Coast Crime Services Detective Inspector Dave Drinnen said the arrests will have a significant impact on the supply of dangerous drugs in the Sunshine Coast District.

“This operation has been an outstanding success and will have a significant impact on the drug supply within the district.

“We’re committed to reducing the negative impacts of dangerous drugs in our community and we will continue to dismantle these networks,” Inspector Drinnen said.

Police investigations are continuing.

It's been a very scary time.

It's not a problem for me personally, since I check DITM every time I'm on BL, but I'm sure that's not the same for a lot of the people here, yet alone those who register and drop by for the first time and never bother to visit DITM.

Besides, is any of this stuff particularly relevant to the rest of the world? Do they care who got caught trying to carry 10kg of shard into Australia or whatever?

The move just makes no sense. I'd reserve DITM for news that's of an international interest, and keep the thread we have here.

If it's not broken, don't fix it?

I would argue that most people who register to Bluelight who's primary interests (or any real interest tbh) lie in reading news articles related to drugs would probably notice a forum titled "Drugs In The Media" and think to open it.

A lot of australian news isn't relevant to the rest of the world, you are right, but if you spent a great deal of time in DitM you would probably notice that it by and large does not only contain articles relevant to the whole world, the fact of the matter is that very few such articles really exist.

We will have to agree to disagree on whats broken I guess, to me the idea that we need to baby our posters by allowing threads that really belong elsewhere, for the sole reason that they might not look there, is both nonsensical and quite frankly a bit dumbfounding...

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree on whats broken I guess, to me the idea that we need to baby our posters by allowing threads that really belong elsewhere, for the sole reason that they might not look there, is both nonsensical and slightly embarrassing.

I think that is a good point; I think as a forum AusDD is very insular in a lot of ways, which can also have it's benefits though (I think as a community we are pretty tight here). Also, as you pointed out DiTM has news articles for all parts of the world, and people from those respective sections take the time to check out what they are interested in there.

While we have the re-direct link up, it won't be too noticeable a change for a while I think anyway.

*sits back with pop corn and waits for an all out keyboard warrior's ultimate wet dreams to unfold here in this thread*

OI Crankinit, I think D_M called your mama a *insert rude adj*

OI D_M, I think Crankinit said the same thing about your mama

now FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

haterafrican.jpg

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

hmm.

Looks like Mr.blondey is dominating this dual muchly.

eh Mr.Booky, can I bet 5000000000000000000 BLUE-Light-Coins on Mr.Bloned.

^ I need a challenge someone else has got to have something they can throw at me. ;)

Might be best just to can the drug bust thread all together. I can't see a whole bunch of other people in other areas of the world actually wanting to read much on aussie busts, also there is already a drug busts thread over in DITM. And when not that many from here actually go over there, i'll pretty much stop doing it. Maybe other people will post there, dunno.