Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Amazon Prime Mega-Thread v. ...Is it better than Netflix now?

Anyone else watching The Expanse?

I’m watching the first season of Ray Donovan, and I’m starting to like it.

Anyone else watching The Expanse?

I’m watching the first season of Ray Donovan, and I’m starting to like it.
The expanse is my favourite show at present. I actually read all the books before they made the first series which makes the series so much more interesting. It’s quite close to the books.

The expanse is my favourite show at present. I actually read all the books before they made the first series which makes the series so much more interesting. It’s quite close to the books.
How are you liking the new season? I like it but the pacing is a little slow and it’s a bit gimmicky.

Love finding recent small horror films now on Prime. Because we have two fire stick’s here (lite and 4K) I’ve spent more time looking at older horror which there’s a lot of it.

Big horror fan haha.

How are you liking the new season? I like it but the pacing is a little slow and it’s a bit gimmicky.
I'm watching season 5 now. I agree it seems like there's been a lack of action. I just finished episode 3 though. Still one of my favorite shows though. I read the first book but never finished the second. I think I'm gonna give them another shot though it's been a bit since I've read any fiction and I'm kinda getting bored with other books.

Yep. I’m still into it. it’s maybe 2-3 years since I read this far in the books. But it’s matching my memory of what I read quite well. I never found that the dynamic between Felip, Marco, and Naomi made sense in the book and that really carries over in the show. I find that part of the plot a bit tedious. Also Amos and Clarissa subplot is a bit tedious.

Still loving it overall though

I just started watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. I’m really enjoying it, love the subject matter as a big stand up comedy fan.

Got all the way caught up through episode 8 of The Expanse. Now I'm starting Man in the High Castle. I had tried to watch it before but only got through a couple episodes. Just going from episode 1 and the theme of the show I think I will enjoy.

I love anything Philip K. Dick, the guy was a genius writer imo

Man in the High Castle was quite good imo, maybe even underrated, but 3rd and 4th season were terrible, the first one, and maybe the second one are worth a watch for sure.
Enjoy :)

I love anything Philip K. Dick, the guy was a genius writer imo
Did you watch Electric Dreams? It’s based on his book “do androids dream of electric sheep?”

Did you watch Electric Dreams? It’s based on his book “do androids dream of electric sheep?”
I've seen a couple episodes but haven't watched the whole thing. Thanks for the reminder though that is one I need to go back and check out

Keep finding cool indie horror films on Prime at the mo, keeping me entertained anyway.

Next one I’m watching is called Crone Wood (Irish horror), looks good anyway.

Amazon does something that Netflix and many other services do not offer; genuine genre variety. I can always find indie horror, old school horror, b-movie sci-fi, dramas, classic 50s films, horror anthology series, foreign films, etc. Netflix doesn't offer all genres and on top of that helps 'profile' me and doesn't show me things I'd be interested in. Prime has just about every Werner Herzog film right now, a great catch that Netflix wouldn't ever consider even offering a slice of.

Oh ohh!!! Prime has a shit ton of Roman Polanski films right now too. Idk why but I enjoy that weird little guy's films. Just watched The Ninth Gate last night albeit on Bluray since I have it, but I think it's on Prime among many of his other films.

Amazon does something that Netflix and many other services do not offer; genuine genre variety. I can always find indie horror, old school horror, b-movie sci-fi, dramas, classic 50s films, horror anthology series, foreign films, etc. Netflix doesn't offer all genres and on top of that helps 'profile' me and doesn't show me things I'd be interested in. Prime has just about every Werner Herzog film right now, a great catch that Netflix wouldn't ever consider even offering a slice of.

Oh ohh!!! Prime has a shit ton of Roman Polanski films right now too. Idk why but I enjoy that weird little guy's films. Just watched The Ninth Gate last night albeit on Bluray since I have it, but I think it's on Prime among many of his other films.
We have the same film interests!

Have you signed up to the Arrow Player app? Newly launched in the UK (was earlier in US) and has a load of their released label films, series, extras etc on it - so good!

This is Netflix' greatest flaw, their discovery system is absolutely atrocious, and it's not like you can easily search for movies online or something, because everything is in one country but not in the other. It's legitimately a conscious business decision but don't ask me why. I'm sure you'd find some great movies on Netflix but they're just impossibly annoying to find

There’s a lot of found footage horror and sci-fi on Prime I’ve noticed, some good some bad of course.

Watching 'Unhinged' with Russel Crow and wow. Makes you wonder about what really goes through the mind of a road-rager.

Watching 'Unhinged' with Russel Crow and wow. Makes you wonder about what really goes through the mind of a road-rager.

Have you ever lived in a metropolis? I never saw that film, but I used to get the worst road rage. Driver license laws should be significantly more stringent IMO.

My dad's co-worker used to keep a handgun in his glovebox just in case some crazy person in stop/go traffic rolled up on him. They used to carpool to work together and he flashed it at a guy once, guy got back in his car and kept on moving :rolleyes:

I'm just gonna move away from the metropolis, I'm not keen on shooting anyone even though I would if I had to. But I don't sit in traffic without a gun lol... says something about America doesn't it? Everyone is jacked up on caffeine and stress here, all on edge. I was born into a country family, time for me to return to country living. I wana live somewhere, where I can shout to my wife as I drive off, "Hon, I'm headin' into town, need anythin'?"