Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Amazon Prime Mega-Thread v. ...Is it better than Netflix now?

And why doesn't it have the "skip intro" feature that Netflix does when you watch on TV? It did show that option when I watched on my iPad but it's still not on the TV. Why?

It's not consistent, even during a season of a single show.

I hate the UI, hate the search, hate the overcomplicated "watch later" function. Hate that they slip "premiuim" content in with the "featured." Hate that there are a bunch of extra "channels" to pay extra for, in principal.

Certainly some good content, but if this is the future of streaming, I'm seeing a big-time return to piracy in the future.

It's not consistent, even during a season of a single show.

I hate the UI, hate the search, hate the overcomplicated "watch later" function. Hate that they slip "premiuim" content in with the "featured." Hate that there are a bunch of extra "channels" to pay extra for, in principal.

Certainly some good content, but if this is the future of streaming, I'm seeing a big-time return to piracy in the future.

Glad it's not just me who thinks the whole UX is fucking atrocious.

Netflix has a far better platform. Amazon with all their resources still has some catching up to do with basic app design.

I'm also pretty sure the Amazon Prime Video apps are all rendered on a web engine instead of being native to each platform. Makes developing for multiple platforms easier and cheaper but creates a shitty experience for the user. No excuse for it from a trillion dollar (literally!) company.

Netflix used to be the same to be fair, I remember their early mobile apps being borderline unusable. Now Amazon is putting more effort into their streaming service hopefully they fix their apps too.

Proof that Amazon originals are way better than Netflix drudge... Comrade Detective.

This show is gold. I hope they make a second season.

Wife and I have been watching Endevour recently on Prime. Great prequel to the original Inspector Morse series. Really enjoying it. Superb acting.

Been watching an old English show called "Tales of the Unexpected" based upon tales by and introduced by Roald Dahl. Quite entertaining sometimes, others not so much. I'm a fan of old anthology series like that. Ray Bradbury Theater jumps to mind. Tales from the Dark Side, etc.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the first season of "The Boys" (2019) and I have to say it's way better than I thought it would be. I'm not always big on super hero films and I tend to like them darker and grittier if I do. This series scratches that itch with some "evil super heroes" that are also very human in their vices and emotions. It's pretty gory, irreverent and really had me laughing at times. I think of it as kind of being like those animated films "The Incredibles" in a way, but it's live action and way more R-rated. It's like it in in the sense that it breaks the mold about what a super hero series should be like, I guess that's what I'm getting at. Anyhow, maybe give it a shot, I was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Been watching an old English show called "Tales of the Unexpected" based upon and introduced by Roald Dahl. Quite entertaining sometimes, others not so much. I'm a fan of old anthology series like that. Ray Bradbury Theater jumps to mind. Tales from the Dark Side, etc.

I remember that from the first time round. I'll have to check it out again for nostalgia sake...

Amazon Prime has a ton of amazing British detective shows, which I love 💕
Also they have the complete Downton Abbey, which is fab.

Amazon Prime has a ton of amazing British detective shows, which I love 💕
Also they have the complete Downton Abbey, which is fab.
Wife and I have been digging the detective shows, but we couldn't get into Downton Abbey. We quit shortly into season 2 I think. Felt kinda Game of Thrones-ey without the boobs or violence I guess.

I hear 'The Expanse' is a good watch on Amazon Prime. Havn't seen it yet, but it's on my list of shows to watch.

Ok just started watching it, and no clue that it was based on the book by James S.A Corey
97814789989381.jpg

I think i read like the first 5 of his books and were all great reads. I am excited I stumbled upon the show on Prime.

Last edited:
I hear 'The Expanse' is a good watch on Amazon Prime. Havn't seen it yet, but it's on my list of shows to watch.

Ok just started watching it, and no clue that it was based on the book by James S.A Corey
97814789989381.jpg

I think i read like the first 5 of his books and were all great reads. I am excited I stumbled upon the show on Prime.
The Expanse is so good. Must watch!

@Cream Gravy? How was the loop? I watched part of one and found it a bit slow.
It was okay. Worth the first watch through, but not amazing. Some episodes were better than others. If the first didn't tickle your interest though, I doubt the rest will, as I found that one to be my favorite.

The 5th season of The Expanse is coming out in December. I just binged the first four again.

Yeah The Expanse was great to watch! They did fuck up by the end of season 3 and especially the 4th imo, hope they pick it up

Mr. Robot is a must see show on Prime. At first I was unsure because I kind of doubt a lot of 'good shows', but ever since watching the first episode I have been hooked.
Don't wanna ruin it, but if you are into like the little guys going after the big wigs then this is a must see show!

Mr. Robot is a must see show on Prime. At first I was unsure because I kind of doubt a lot of 'good shows', but ever since watching the first episode I have been hooked.
Don't wanna ruin it, but if you are into like the little guys going after the big wigs then this is a must see show!

I couldn't get past the second season, but everyone has their own tastes.

Great movie!! Really makes you think.
Kickass soundtrack.