View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The 6-APB (that may be 6-APDB but probably isn't) Train Wreck of a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've removed the Benzo-Fury from the thread title.

good call, i'm in support of 4D/ 4-desoxy-MDA as well. I've read it somewhere else, but benzo fury would be a better name for phenezapam. Though I'm generally against "brand" names or other ridiculous slang terms that do nothing but cause confusion and potentially misrepresentation.

4D sounds like a good name wich could catch one and wich is accurate as well. Ppl like slang names, so if you want it to have another name we have to push a differend one.

I like 4-desoxy-MDA, if that is indeed accurate to call it.

Question is tho ( in all seriousness this time) if it's generally going known by the "masses" as benzo fury & they come to bluelight for the info how do they know where to look or what to look for considering many won't be savvy with technical descripitors thus how well is HR served ?

I can understand the reluctance to use such a name as it tells you nothing & is misleading ,but if Joe Soapbar inputs "benzo fury" effects/toxicology/dosage/etc into a search engine what will bluelight tell him ?

Question is tho ( in all seriousness this time) if it's generally going known by the "masses" as benzo fury & they come to bluelight for the info how do they know where to look or what to look for considering many won't be savvy with technical descripitors thus how well is HR served ?

I can understand the reluctance to use such a name as it tells you nothing & is misleading ,but if Joe Soapbar inputs "benzo fury" effects/toxicology/dosage/etc into a search engine what will bluelight tell him ?
Why couldn't "benzo-fury" refer to 5-APDB as well?

No idea perhaps it could & if so it maybe an idea to include it under a "catch all" heading of related substances - what's your opinion ?

No idea perhaps it could & if so it maybe an idea to include it under a "catch all" heading of related substances - what's your opinion ?
Well, it's looking like 5-APDB is more like MDAI or other selective serotonin releasing agents, a big difference from what 6-APDB is potentially looking to be. Ambiguity doesn't look like the best idea.

I agree completely but if you want to deliver HR to the masses you need to signpost them according to their standards so to speak - i wouldn't have thought it that difficult use the correct scientific name + common branded name which ought to serve to direct lost sheep into the fold surely ? Then you can try & inform them, which you cannot if you don't catch them - yes/no ?

why don't we wait to see if "benzo fury" actually catches on as a term for this compound? i think the idea to remove it from the thread title is mainly an attempt to nip the term in the ass before it gets popular. i think we should keep it out of use here unless we see people starting to get confused in cyberspace.

i thought of that too. perhaps not putting it in the title, but say mentioning in the first post something like "aka: 'benzo fury' (slang)" and then "thread for discussing effects, toxicology, dose etc." having the terms in close proximity should work for google results. that way we should be able to associate the slang with its real name(s) and do some covert education. in the further discussion, i think its best to disencourage any use of slang.

(but not before it catches on. and lets hope it doesn't. right now all this ?enzo %ury talk is only helping the vendor who's naming it as such. we're already using it)

Last edited:
I'd say make a sticky thread or a redirect thread so it shows up on google if you search benzo fury, but have the thread talk about the real names, link to this thread, and encourage the use of 4-D and 6-APDB over 'benzo fury'. We'd really need the vendors to nip this to be really effective, but bluelight itself is a significant force.

Everybody repeating certain stupid names will just make them stick... Everybody should refrain from doing so. I like 4DMDA..

I <3 Bluelight.

"THIS COMPOUND HAS A NAME THAT IS BOTH MISLEADING AND UNSEXY"

I do wish the name "Benzo-fury" hadn't stuck though.

Should we always pander to the lowest common denominator? If people can't be bothered to find out what they're actually taking, and refer to it by sensible and unambiguous names, they shouldn't be taking it in the first place.

Should we always pander to the lowest common denominator? If people can't be bothered to find out what they're actually taking, and refer to it by sensible and unambiguous names, they shouldn't be taking it in the first place.

thats a very close-minded view point. how are these people you're referring to ever going to learn better if they're not exposed to a place where they can get educated?

People are only going to be encouraged to call it 'Benzo Fury' if it's in a thread title on Bluelight. This name is insanely irresponsible and needs to be nipped in the bud, fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.