• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

he had his bright moments this season but he was flickering a lot. you can see it in his eyes. if Detroit and Green Bay switched o lines... oh boy.

that will be an interesting division next year.

my fantasy season might have been better if the lions hadn't stopped throwing the ball to marvin jones jr. :)

alasdair

yeah it did feel like he was underutilized this season. tho on an offense where the ball gets spread around as much as it does on the Lions, its probably easy to go through dry spells as an individual. things were really different in that regard this year after losing Calvin... we regularly had games with 5+ different successful receivers. i think we had several games with 7 different receivers, don't think we ever hit 8 tho.

week 1: 10 targets for 85 yds
week 2: 11 targets for 118 yards
week 3: 8 targets for 205 yards and 2 tds
week 4: 7 targets for 74 yards

then they just seemed to stop using him so much...

alasdair

my only problem with the way this season ended is that gm's not here to have a melt-down. let's compare and contrast.

bills: 7-9, 3rd in the division
patriots: 14-2, won the afc east, the afc and the superbowl. again.

:)

alasdair

Oh good. We just hired an alcoholic OC from college football to replace Shanahan. Jesus butt fucking christ

Oh good. We just hired an alcoholic OC from college football to replace Shanahan. Jesus butt fucking christ

do you want me to give you a list of alcoholic grand geniuses ? when your that smart kinda have to do something to deal with the half wits.

I'm down with him being a drunk, he can hang with coach bud. Just not sure this was a very good hire. Whatever. I don't even care anymore. I'm still depressed as fuck.

Man, that Superbowl was the worst. I fucking hate the Patriots. If you ever find yourself in a debate about whether or not God or Karmic Retribution exists, just cite the Patriots and you will win the argument any time.

So, I guess the silver lining to this is that, while moral integrity and humanity took a hit on Sunday, atheism scored a point or two.

I feel for Atlanta, though. With Cleveland getting Lebron back and therefore a championship, Atlanta is definitely in the running for most miserable sports city in America. Shit like this is not helping.

the big story this summer is going to be overtime rules i think.

even tho that's dumb because the falcons probably wouldn't have had an OT score even i they had been given the chance. by that point they were just doing... bad.

^ the better team won. haters gonna hate.

alasdair

What would sports be without hatred?

The better team won, sure, but so did the shittier people. I mean, Brady, Belichick, and Kraft are all ardent Trump supporters. So, not only are they terrible people, but they support terrible people and want people to be more terrible. It's like everything I hate in the universe decided to team up with one another and win at my expense.

Why do good things happen to bad people?

the big story this summer is going to be overtime rules i think.

even tho that's dumb because the falcons probably wouldn't have had an OT score even i they had been given the chance. by that point they were just doing... bad.

They should switch to the college OT rules. I'm not exactly sure how it would work with defenses being on average a bit more potent in the NFL than they are in college, but college OT is one of the ballingest inventions of all time. Shit gets your CNS jacked up every play.

As it stands right now NFL OT is more boring than the actual game. Overtime should not feel more boring than the actual game. After 3 1/2 hours of sitting in front of the TV just to watch your game continue, I feel burnt out from all of the excitement I experienced beforehand. My neurotransmitters are numb from emotional overload, my adrenal glands depleted, and I need something more fast paced than the regular game to give me that extra bit of kick again. The anticlimactic prospect of a team winning the game on a quick score without giving the opponent a chance to respond just doesn't do it for me.

Why do good things happen to bad people?
why do bad things happen to good people?
why do bad things happen to bad people?
why do good things happen to good people?
why does anything happen to anyone?

alasdair

why do bad things happen to good people?
why do bad things happen to bad people?
why do good things happen to good people?
why does anything happen to anyone?

alasdair

All I know is that it's Tom Brady or Bill Belichick's fault, somehow.

wouldn't it be weirder if nothing happened to anyone? =p

----------------------

okay so, the Lions' new GM as of a year and a half ago is Bob Quinn, who most recently before coming to Detroit was the Director of Pro Scouting for the New England Patriots, and has been doing one thing or another with the Patriots since the year 2000. the Lions are currently a whopping $40million under the salary cap, and the only key player that will have any contract changes this year is Stafford, who will probably get a contract extension signed. otherwise, every other key player on the team is currently tightly under contract.

that's a whole lot of salary cap room to play with, especially for the guy who used to head arguably the best scouting team in all of football (like them or hate them, you have to admit that no one scouts like the Patriots).

i'm really excited about this coming season for the Lions. this is the first time in pretty much my whole life that i feel like my Lions cheering isn't just false hope.

there's a lot of talent on the lions roster - where do you think they need to make changes and improve?

alasdair

the offensive line especially needs work, and we could use a couple more good linebackers and a safety. we will probably change up our running backs too... hopefully drop Washington and pick up someone new, even tho the hope is that Abdullah will be our starting guy. Abdullah, Riddick, and Zenner are all great.

might be some hard changeups to do on WR too... we obviously need more strength there, but all our current guys are pretty much equally good. the decisions there will be difficult.

lots of analysts saying our defense needs more work than the offense, but idk... our points allowed were really good almost the entire year. i think what we need to do is put some stronger people around Stafford.

The Green Bay Packers 2017 Offseason v. Ted Thompson is on my shitlist!

I know I'm not the only Packer fan on bl, or maybe I am lol. But this thread is to make roster move announcements, and to list opinions about what the team should do.

Currently the team has released RB James Starks and CB Sam Sheilds.

Fans have given Ted Thompson (General Manager) a pass for the longest time. I think it's time for him to go! Honestly if it wasn't for Aaron Rodgers, this team would be a perennial .500 team. Just look at the season Rodgers got injured for proof. Ted Thompson is wasting this great QB's career with his cheap ass! Rodgers should have at least 2 rings, if not 3! If he would have spent some money on free agency.. one of the few times he did, was with Charles Woodson and what happened? He was named defensive MVP in 09 and we won the super bowl the next season! It's not that hard to figure out, good-great players wins you championships! Then he doesn't sign his own players! He should've signed Casey Hayward a few seasons ago, cause he's a probowler and are CB is thin.. That bit us in the ass 2 seasons in a row! Just imagine that one signing could've saved our asses! Letting sitton go looked like it wasn't hurting us, until the nfccg, when injuries caught up to us, and by the 4th quarter we letroy guion at LG, a DT playing on the offensive line cause of thinness at that position.. IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

Speaking of injuries. WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS TEAM!? Every fucking year! I know we won the super bowl in '10 with 20+ mother fuckers on injured reserved, but no team has ever done anything even close to that, and it was a fucking miracle that we did! We can't expect that to happen every year.. He has to make drastic changes to the medical and strength and conditioning staff! These changes should've been made 5 seasons ago! 1 year having the most injuries in the league is coincidence, leading the league in injuries 6/8 years is a major problem! That's no longer chance, and their doing something very wrong!

So Ted doesn't sign Free agents, doesn't sign his own players and still has the same medical staff.. now onto his draft choices..

He's made 4-5 good picks in 12 years! He's missed waaaay more than he's hit! How many wasted picks on bum lb's and bum defensive linemen has he made? Seriously the one great draft choice was Aaron, and if it wasn't for that pick, this team wouldn't be shit! We can't let this man have a pass cause he made one good pick 12 years ago! And it wasn't that brilliant of a pick. When the guy that is projected to go #1, falls to #24, you fucking take him! No brainier.. Clay Mathews, arod, Jordy, Daniels, and Nick Collins were his good picks.. that's 5 guys out of 84 something picks! Rodgers will be 33 this season. It's time to sellout and sign Free agents and move up in the draft to get impact players. The window in GB is closing! I'll pull my hair out if Ted sits on his ass and squanders Aaron's entire career!

Ted Thompson needs to go! He's an old cheap ass that cares more about profits than championships! I'm sick of his defensive draft busts! Daniels and mathews are the only impact players he's drafted!

Dom fucking Capers needs to go too! The 3-4 doesn't work when you don't have linebackers!! It's like Ted, either get some good linebackers, or get a DC that runs a 4-3! AJ hawk, Frank zombo, Blake Martinez, Jake Ryan, palmer, and all the other bum ass linebackers we've had over the years, are not cutting it to run a 3-4 defense!!! You've had years to build it, and you still don't have the players to run that defense!!

You are an idiot Ted! And you need to go! Some of us want to win championships!

FUCK!!