• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

a few thoughts on the superbowl

1. dont'a hightower's forced fumble at about 8:25 remaining in the 4th quarter was massive. games like this are won and lost because one guy steps up and makes a fucking huge play. this was that.

2. the direct snap to white on the 2-pt conversion was great. and a huge 2 points.

3. edelman's catch. you know which one. 'nuff said.

4. the falcons are a team. so many weapons. their pass rush was absolutely in control in the first half. i would not be surprised to see them in the superbowl again next year.

5. julio jones. incredible.

it was incredible to watch the patriots come back. the more pressure there was, the better they played. it was a superior, full-team performance.

fuck yeah.

alasdair

Last edited:
And no cheating.. so you get the full effect and glory of an amazing win.. nice show pats!

Last edited:
It was a pretty damn cool season.. Highlight for me was taking down the cowgirls in the playoffs and SMOKING the sea chickens.

Atlanta has to be utterly heartbroken<3 ... just goes to show how ridiculously hard it is to win a sb.

my heart hurts.

i came in thinking falcons were gonna win, but that anything could happen so can't be too upset if they do lose.

but losing THAT way is just too painful.

I feel for you man. I had to watch the clip of Cam staring at the loose football on the ground like an idiot probably 10,000 times between Feb and Sept... It will get better.

Patriots must have been studying Lions 4th quarter comeback film this season ;)

Lions' season is the only reason i thought to not turn the game off early, definitely had the thought that the patritos could get the comeback (even tho i didn't want them to =p)

what a game tho srsly.

that is fucking moronic. if you paid any attention to anybody other than yourself, you'd know that i am totally down on people who blame losses on poor officiating. e.g.

your comment is idiotic.

alasdair

lol get trolled much?

nice try, dwe.

please move on. the adults are talking.

alasdair

I think I need therapy. I'm not taking this well. I could talk about all of the things that went wrong in the 4th quarter but I don't even have it in me.

Congrats on another super bowl. I'll never see one in my life. This town is cursed.

CS, Falcons have the better players for sure. that coaching matchup tho, especially with Bill getting a Super Bowl-length halftime for him to brainstorm adjustments during...

When Julio caught that pass on our last drive we were on the 22 yard line. Then a holding penalty. Then Shanahan draws up the dumbest play in NFL history and throws the ball on the 3rd and 1, and Ryan gets sacked, pushing us out of FG range. Dumb play call, but Ryan should have thrown the ball away, so he can take some blame on that one as well.

We ran all over them in the 1st half and abandoned the run in the 2nd. Also, Ryan was taking snaps with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock after we were up 28-3. So dumb.

None of it matters, we choked harder than any team has ever choked in the history of sports. It's a gut wrenching feeling. I was with my best friends who, like me, have been waiting their whole lives for this.

I wish they would have just beat the shit out of us.

Good riddance, Shanahan. Have fun with that if you're a 9'ers fan.

None of it matters, we choked harder than any team has ever choked in the history of sports.
nah. the biggest choke in sports history was the new york yankees losing the 2014 alcs after being 3-0 up on the red sox :)

alasdair

Yeah and 2nd is the Warriors losing after being up 3-1, with game 7 at home, after an historic season.

Can't wait to see who the Panthers get in the draft.

I hate when football is over. I have college basketball until April. Then I guess I'll start paying more attention to the NBA...ugh.

Are you serious? Rodgers is losing his fire? Imo, he's the best qb in the league (currently). His receivers were shit all season, not to mention hurt. And it's almost impossible to win games when you constantly have to score 30+ points, to make up for an atrocious defense.