• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

Bills came by it honestly tbh. Those interceptions. Those missed opportunities. Fitz who was brilliant much of the season and BTW set the team record for td passes just choked tbh

I'd just like to go on record that unlike axl I was supremely confident of the Steelers making the playoffs the whole season ;)

gm though you are absent I am a man of my word I will attend to my avabet when I return from the bar but for now drowning my sorrows
there have been tens of avatar and other bets in this forum over the years. absolutely everybody - even that perennial loser dwe - has always made good on their bets. with one exception: wyld 4 x welshed on a bet in 2013. he made a bet, lost and wasn't man enough to just change his avatar to the agreed avatar for a week. and then, when challenged, he was a total dick about it.

i feel for you, skl. that's a hard way to watch a decent season just fizzle and die...

alasdair

the Jets shouldn't hang their heads too low - if anything, they should raise em with fury seeing the 9-7 Texans get in over them (and they get to host a playoff game!)

and man I had all the confidence in the world in this team, I'm a huge Big Ben fan, but it's just the two injuries he sustained over the course of this season (both would be season-ending ones if suffered from a less tough individual IMO) deflated a lot of air from my homer hot air balloon

this team is far from perfect, but at least the defense is opportunistically getting turnovers. Steelers are always a threat in the playoffs - and we've beaten 2/3 of the top seeds (and played the #1 seed close while we had our heads in our asses)

The Jets still suck!!

The Jets are great at demonstrating they are, well, the Jets. They threw it away literally today. Not too unusual for them. They were playing good too. Damn.

Dolphins seem to have some momentum going today. Strange how it is not always like that. :) Or maybe the Pats are losing momentum.

I just want to throw out a congrats and kudos to Tom Coughlin. Two SB wins over NE is nothing to sneeze at. I wish him and his family the best. I wonder if he completely retiring or will still have a hand in the NFL.

seattle going off again. they seem to be peaking at exactly the right time for a superbowl run.

alasdair

Yeah ali, I agree. The way Arizona destroyed the packers last week, I thought they were the best team in the league. No1 in power rankings. Seattle is scary when they are playing well.

And Peyton scores on his first drive.

i feel like seattle are primed to go back to the superbowl and win it this year.

is it crazy to think of the redskins as a dark horse in the nfc? their offense seems to be able to score at will and they have an average defense who are capable of making plays. whoever they get, they play at home next week and they've been stronger at home (6-2) this season. that said, it's hard to imagine them beating seattle but playoffs...

alasdair

Just popping in to say you're welcome for that win over the Jets, and the hilarious gif of Carpenter (I like him, but think he is cut tomorrow). In other news, why do bills fans suck so much? J-E-W-S JETS JETS JETS. Very common chant today at the stadium...

very much appreciated. football is the greatest sport because last week I have never felt so despondent, yet this week I have never felt so glorious

the Patriots losing the #1 seed was perhaps the best thing to happen this weekend to the Steelers. plus, they play the Chiefs, a team who's stock I've bought into the last couple weeks (defense/run game/QB no mistakes)

feels great to play the Bengals in the Wildcard. I am confident of a victory, although if anything this season should have taught me, it's humility. just don't like their chances. if the Bengals win, and my team is the 1st to give Cinci a playoff victory over these last two decades, I will properly come in and eat all crow

jogCb.gif

super-stocked to be able to enjoy the Playoffs for another year

NY Daily News said:
Of course, it made it worse, much worse, for the Jets that it was Ryan who kept them out of the playoffs, just like he did in his final four seasons as their coach.

this

I got excessively drunk drowning my sorrows with fellow Jets fans at the bar and recently startled awake at this time I am usually going to sleep ...

Sorry about your luck man. Sucks to lose and miss the playoffs. I feel your pain. Im hoping my team doesn't let me down this year, but my hopes and dreams have been destroyed the last few years including one of the worst superbowl performances pretty much ever. Who you pulling for now?

Anyone interested in doing a playoff bracket? Was thinking about starting a thread. We can still do picks every week in the pick ems but a bracket might be fun.

The nfc. nfc has some really good squads this year. Thinking carolina looks tough but might be losing a little momentum. GB is playing horrible. I think seattle might be peaking right now and come ready to make up for last year. Can't count out the vikings though, they can be scrappy. I was convinced arizona was one of the best in the league but can be beaten obviously. haven't watched washington play but i think they are a better team than people give them credit for.

afc. I think the steelers are a legit threat. Same with kc. brady is a beast in the playoffs. Dalton needs to get healthy for cinci. denver seems to have consistency problems but are arguably the best team in the afc and have the number one defense which is pretty huge. Not gonna lie, I think houstons chances are slim.

ahhh. playoffs. fuck yeah!

sitting here nursing a hangover
season hangover
makers mark hangover
dunno which is worse but it got mein the feels
yes lets do a bracket thread

nflplayoffbracket.gif

GM vs. silverwheel Avatar Bet Results:

Sacks
Rams: 41
Bills: 21

I give you these choices:
1030.gif

1031.gif

4603.gif

He might have drank himself to death within the last 2 weeks..

Even if he's dead, he still needs to change his avatar, or I'm telling Satan that he's a cheat and a liar.

I'm assuming he'd be in Hell because no Bills fan could ever go to Heaven.