• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

If you guys haven't noticed yet, the mid range jumpshot has pretty much become non existent in basketball

I think a sabermetric approach to football is long overdue but much more than we see is probably happening behind the scenes ... so many people seem to think that the coaches make or break teams by play calling instinct and more importantly sheer force of personality, there's a lot more to work with there. Could this account for some of the controversial and really seemingly off the wall calls we see a lot of

also. Fitzpatrick listed as questionable. fml. if they play geno I am going to need a valium lol
dude has been more than incredible. was a column in the Daily News saying he is worth MVP consideration I agree
dyk that he already surpassed namath and actually tied testaverde in season touchdown passes (29), the jets team record?

Im not even kidding, I used to watch every single Eagles game, whether they sucked or were good (granted, for most of my adolescence they were good)

But now? I really dont get too upset if I miss the game. I didnt even watch the Redskins game.

The NFL has become unwatchable for me, im down to Hockey and basketball

Hockey really is the least pussified sport in America at this point.

Guys get flagged in the nfl solely if the hit LOOKS big, even if there was nothing illegal about it

And im not just saying this because the Eagles are out, I really dont have any interest in the playoffs which never used to be the case

The NFL killed its product for hardcore fans but make so much money from casual fans they dont even care

So long football, youre dead to me

I know what you're saying bro.

The officiating in particular in the NFL recently has been particularly obnoxious to the point that it really does interfere with the enjoyment of the game.

A similar thing happened in baseball when they started computerizing the strike zone and penalizing refs for exercising their judgment.

What ever happened to just play ball.

they're obviously not though. they can't even call a fucking timeout right (end of game clock management)

i meant re: when to go for it on fourth down. end of game clock management would be something that's a lot harder to make a formula for, and i agree that some coaches seem to not grasp it at all.

in depth stats on when to go for it on 4th down would be really interesting
imo it's not done enough really

You guys are nuts. The NFL is what every other sports league aspires to become. Its college football that I find incredibly boring outside Alabama.

You guys are nuts. The NFL is what every other sports league aspires to become. Its college football that I find incredibly boring outside Alabama.

In terms of marketing and $$ maybe, possibly in the ability to fuck over the players who make it the product that it is, but I don't think any sport aspires to be as boring as the NFL. It is harder for me to watch than baseball, and I fucking hate watching baseball.

If it was me I probably wouldn't have brought up that conversation again to brag about a 1-game lead this week, especially considering I'm still beating you in the season results.

quick review with one game left. from the pick'ems thread:

alasdairm 150-90 (0.625)
genericmind 106-98 (0.519)

a difference of 45 and -8. you're like rex ryan - you talk a big game but can't deliver :)

better luck next year.

alasdair

502026206.jpg

super hyped for today
also where is GM?
the bar that I will be watching the game today in
the owner is a committed browns fan
so the whole upstairs (usually for private parties etc)
will be about the browns and his friends etc
so I will be able to occasionally go up there and root against the steelers lel
but really we got this tbh
J
E
T
S
jets
jets
jets

a difference of 45 and -8. you're like rex ryan - you talk a big game but can't deliver :)
lel

“We just didn’t produce the wins I thought we would,” Ryan told WGR 550 radio. “The thing that kind of gives this team a black eye when we’re looking at it, is that I let my mouth get ahead of everything. And I think if I would have come in there and just said, ‘Hey, we’re gonna compete’ and do all that stuff, maybe we wouldn’t have such a bad feeling about this team.”

loving
every
laugh

so where is rexxy's next stop?
wont lie i always liked the guy but still lol

Sorry some kindsa love, im going bills today playa. Think they got yalls numba.

tbh, I think the steelers are gonna snatch that spot and I think they deserve to be there. got whooped last week tho so idk.

Where is GM? good question. Is anyone moderating this forum anymore? not sure i feel safe.

go broncos. chargers always make me nervous.

steelers finally starting to pull away at browns. jets just threw an int. in buffalo just outside the rz.

are the jets going to fuck it up and miss out on the playoffs on the last day of the season?

alasdair

if New England loses to Miami, as it appears is going to happen, don't they lose their #1 seed?

and I don't know if everything is going to pull through - Steelers make the playoffs - I don't want to jinx anything. this season has been an absolute nightmarish roller-coaster ride. from pre-season SB contender, to Big Ben out for a month, enter Gradkowski, Vick, Landry Jones, Big Ben back in, then Big Ben hurt for another 2-3 weeks, suddenly AFC Playoff Darlings, suddenly out of the playoffs, now ???

sports make a man age two-fold. thanks for playing your asses of Bills. hopefully the Jest get Buffalo'd!!

fitzpatrick just threw another int and threw away the jets' season with it.

looks like pats will lose to dolphins - they'll be the #1 seed if denver lose. if denver win, they're #1 and pats drop to #2.

alasdair

3rd int. for jets after a huge defensive play by bills to ensure thompkins didn't score a td. looks like the jets season is over.

alasdair

gm though you are absent I am a man of my word I will attend to my avabet when I return from the bar but for now drowning my sorrows

FACE.0.gif

hopefully the Steelers can squander some of their momentum they gathered before that humbling Ravens lose

although our 2nd string RB, the most pleasant surprise this season, got injured this last game. will he be out for the playoff game? if he is, I do not like our chances at all. instead of having an almost balanced attack, we will have to absolutely abandon the run (something we had to do in last year's playoff game as star RB LeVeon Bell got injured :()