• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

11-5 this year buddy. good year indeed

If the O-line holds up, I think we have a really good year, but that's a big, big if. Havenstein and Robinson look all right, but Brandon Washington is getting killed out there, and Saffold can't stay healthy. Still not sure about Demetrius Rhaney or Jamon Brown. I have my fingers crossed that Barrett Jones can become a good center (he certainly can't do any worse than Scott Wells did last year).

love ya GM but ArCi has a point

nothing that happens on the field during pre-season matters

remember last year michael sam sacked johnny football twice?
that was news for a day and he was cut a few days later

PFF is probably the best source for NFL news and journalism though

If the O-line holds up, I think we have a really good year, but that's a big, big if. Havenstein and Robinson look all right, but Brandon Washington is getting killed out there, and Saffold can't stay healthy. Still not sure about Demetrius Rhaney or Jamon Brown. I have my fingers crossed that Barrett Jones can become a good center (he certainly can't do any worse than Scott Wells did last year).

only click if you feel like reading about STL rams football
NSFW:

okay i'm going to ramble feel free to feed me your thoughts
yeah apparently the staff is in love with jamon brown. seems like they like him more than Hav.

i think greg robinson takes a huge step forward and becomes not just an above average rush blocker - instead becomes a top 5 LT. saffold will play 90% of the snaps as usually but will also force the ram's take another 6-7 TV time outs, probably because he has some kind of gross Indiana born STD

coach bourdau has worked miricles on that OL since he's been on the team hopefully we can find the next joe barksdale(not a star but a reasonable starter that nobody else wanted) and not the next davin joseph. barrett jones...will he ever???

i know when it's 1st and short we've got a hell of a rush block with our OL + harkey, kendricks, britt and quick. JCook don't block don't care

the offense is going to struggle early.

the defense is the best in the west. the time has come. all our horses are heading into their 3rd-4th seasons. plus you've got EJ gaines who is probably better than janoris. lamarcus joyner just might be the dragonfly we need on a 3rd and 3 stop.

i'd love it if the only true LB we used consistently was ogletree. we could def get away with gaines, TJ mcdonald(pro bowl alert), mccloud, jenkins, trumaine, barron, ogletree, quinn, fairley, brockers, donald and long are 11 guys i wouldn't mind on the field in 3rd down situations

i hope ayers is good enough to take the job for dubar - love jo-lonn but serious defenses don't have starters as weak as dunbar. JL55 seems like a great mind and makes all the plays you're supposed to make, but he's just not athletic enough to blitz or cover. the MLB position in the NFL is for black guys. i know about the white guys that can ball way harder than JL55 but just generally speaking

i just hope the fans show up and support the team all year. what a bummer that was last year when we played AZ on thursday night and were technically still alive for playoffs and i don't think more than 30k people showed up.

we're not going to be in the top 15 in scoring. all i ask of our offense is to not turn the ball over and occasionally make big plays. i hope quick's return is smooth with longevity and either stedman or tavon are going to step it up big time. think of austin pettis' role back in fishers first year. that's going to be stedmans new job but he's going to do it well enough to hang around

i don't care if we overpaid for him - jared cook is good for the line up. defenses have to pay attention to him. kenny britt needs to become the player he was supposed to be(he's still just 26 years old - he's still got potential to be very good), can chris givens or isiah pead save their NFL careers? and i'll end it by saying that i was very happy when i found out rams re-signed lance kendricks(great blocker, soft hands, seems to be in better shape every year) and corey harkey. his team mates love him. what he does to our offense is something that definitely can not be seen on paper

i'm not debating/arguing/defending how talented this team is with anyone. if you don't realize the potential this team possess you really don't know shit about NFL. that RG3 trade will purposely be 'forgotten' in the history books 100 years from now. D snider(NFL owner/card carrying bigot and not the faggy hair metal singer) fuuucckked up

love ya GM but ArCi has a point

nothing that happens on the field during pre-season matters

remember last year michael sam sacked johnny football twice?
that was news for a day and he was cut a few days later

PFF is probably the best source for NFL news and journalism though

Oh I know. Not saying either QB is going to light the world on fire. But it's definitely nicer to see than "omg look how terrible they've looked in preseason" like last year. All the Bills need is average QB play to be successful with this roster.

Oh I know. Not saying either QB is going to light the world on fire. But it's definitely nicer to see than "omg look how terrible they've looked in preseason" like last year. All the Bills need is average QB play to be successful with this roster.

no need to explain

it's easy and socially acceptable to get overly excited(at times delusional) around this time of year

unless you're a pussy-man that doesn't have a favorite NFL team, if that's the case I say: fuck you, fuck you, fuck you

dude if the astros, blue jays, cubs and mets make the MLB playoffs than why the fuck can't buffalo, STL, JAX, NYJ, MIN, OAK, TB, or the god damn titans win a division?

no god damn excuses

i hope ayers is good enough to take the job for dubar - love jo-lonn but serious defenses don't have starters as weak as dunbar. JL55 seems like a great mind and makes all the plays you're supposed to make, but he's just not athletic enough to blitz or cover.

i hope quick's return is smooth with longevity and either stedman or tavon are going to step it up big time.

Laurinaitis has maxed out as a solid "B+" player. Still, one of the few really good draft picks of the Devaney/Spagnuolo era. I'm with you about Ayers - Dunbar is easily our worst defensive starter (except maybe Jenkins on an off day) and I'd like to see him slide back into a part-time role. I'm really glad Brian Quick turned a corner last year, and I hope he can pick up where he left off. Still not sure if Tavon Austin will break out the way we want, but at least we won't have Brian Schottenheimer trying to use him as a running back.

no need to explain

it's easy and socially acceptable to get overly excited(at times delusional) around this time of year

unless you're a pussy-man that doesn't have a favorite NFL team, if that's the case I say: fuck you, fuck you, fuck you

dude if the astros, blue jays, cubs and mets make the MLB playoffs than why the fuck can't buffalo, STL, JAX, NYJ, MIN, OAK, TB, or the god damn titans win a division?

no god damn excuses

I don't think it's delusional at all to think the Bills will make the playoffs this year. I also don't think Buffalo belongs in the category with any of the teams you just named. In the past, maybe. But anyone that doesn't think they're a real threat in the AFC this year isn't tuned-in to all the subtle moves teams make in the offseason. I'll challenge anyone here to name a team that has been more improved with offensive roster signings than the Bills between last season and now. I'd also challenge anyone here to give me a detailed explanation of why the Bills shouldn't be the best defense in the entire league, bar none, in the 2015-2016 season.

It's been par for the course for football analysts to just write "in the upcoming season, the Bills will struggle at the QB position and probably go 6-10 to 7-9" for the past 15 years. They don't even need to research the roster. It's been as steady and consistent as the seasons turning. But I'm telling you right now, being an avid fan of the team who has watched and analyzed literally every play of minicamp, training camp, preseason, and the regular season for the past 5 years... Buffalo is going to come on like a storm this season and it'll take at least a quarter of the season before all the "professional" analysts catch on. The Bills will be 5-2 before they even get more than a brief mention on ESPN.

When your team sucks for SO long, the fans obsess over every single detail of the team to look for improvements. Every signing, every draft pick, every play by every player in every instance where the media is allowed to watch the team practice or play, every player that's even signed to the practice squad. If a 3rd string player comes down with a case of diarrhea, the fans know about it.

And having kept my pulse on that artery for the past 7 months, I can tell you right now the Bills are going to fuck shit up this season. It'll all become apparent to you non-Bills fans when they destroy the Colts in week 1.

Comparing the NFL to MLB is kinda difficult. Probably moreso than any other major league.

People that still haven't forgiven Michael Vick bother me. Especially these steeler fans that put out a petition to not have him on the steelers team

He did his time (actually way too much time imo), lost millions of dollars, and had his reputation permanently destroyed. Nobody ever wants to talk about all the great things he has done since being released from prison.

I wholeheartedly agree, Arci. He has said and done all the right things and more than paid for his crimes. I love dogs and think dog fighting is disgusting but he is forgiven in my book.

me three.

i believe that, once somebody has paid the penalty which society demanded of them, they start again from scratch. sure, they have to build trust, respect, etc., but their crime is forgiven and they're getting a second chance.

i'm not sure he's the athlete he once was and it seems odd the steelers would go there. still, pickings are slim on the fa qb market... christian ponder?

alasdair

I don't hold the dog fighting thing against Vick even though I'm an AVID animal lover for the sole reason that I think he's truly remorseful about the whole situation. I watched a couple of the speeches he gave at schools after all that happened, and if he wasn't being sincere in what he said then he's the best damn actor in the world. Because I believed him entirely.

I hold the fact that he's old and WAY past his prime for a QB of his particular skillset though. He needs to retire before he gets murdered on the field. The Bills/Jets game I watched last year, after they pulled Geno from a 4 INT performance, I thought Vick might get killed to actual death out there. If you try scrambling against these 20-year-old linebackers that have the physical strength of a 2000 lineman and the speed of a 1995 receiver, at his age? You're fucked.

I don't think it's delusional at all to think the Bills will make the playoffs this year
i wasn't suggesting you were being delusional with anything related to bill enthusiasm - i was just saying that in the NFL it's the norm to go into the season having unreasonable expectations for your team, specially when it's been more than 5 years since playofffs
People that still haven't forgiven Michael Vick bother me. Especially these steeler fans that put out a petition to not have him on the steelers team
those same steeler fans will wave their dirty laundry for a guy who should have went to trial over some pretty convincing rape acquisitions (which if they arn't true, fuck those criminal cunts and sluts)

I don't hold the dog fighting thing against Vick even though I'm an AVID animal lover for the sole reason that I think he's truly remorseful about the whole situation. I watched a couple of the speeches he gave at schools after all that happened, and if he wasn't being sincere in what he said then he's the best damn actor in the world. Because I believed him entirely.

personally i stopped holding athletes to any moral standards once i became an adult and realized they are not supposed to have anything in common with your local firemen. most NFL'ers grew up in poverty with single mothers and social circles were practically the minor leagues for career criminals

ghetto kid>playing college football while being treated like a prince> signing multi million dollar contract and not having any supervision during the offseason
this cycle is crazy, the kinds of lives NFLers go through is not like anything anyone else can quite relate with...retired players really should be doing more to guide/prepare current non-veterans still on a rookie contract

i can't even hypothetically tell anyone that if i suddenly became a millionaire how i would handle it. it's easy to say you wouldn't be a vince young level disaster but these particular pairs of shoes just don't fit anyone who wants to pretend to wear them

i have no problem with vick. even if all the facts we know regarding his dog fighting lifestyle are just the tip of the iceberg
just because somebody mistreats animals doesn't automatically make them a bad person in my eyes.
i'm not anti-animal but i don't even remotely agree with all the rights they have in our current society....do people not understand how ruthless the wild is? the best/most humane way for a wild animal to be killed is by a human.

do i think vick is a good person? if i was told with confidence that he is a good father, doesn't criminally disrespect woman or children, is a philanthropist, works hard at practice/mentors his peers and is no longer involved in animal abuse at any level than he sounds like a pretty great guy that i would have no problem with him being around my team or family

the fact this guy is still in the league is admirable. 3 years in a prison is a long time, long enough to perma fuck up a lot of guy's lives. i cant relate but i'm pretty sure having to be reintroduced into society and succeeding sounds damn near impossible - specially when everyone in the country knows who you are and what you did

just like men currently locked up who were born into severe poverty and chaos never really had a chance - some dogs are born without any hope of living a good life. people have been doing demonic fucked up shit since baby jesus was still wearing the holy diaper and it's not just going to stop. it's just best to learn to accept it and to commit to a lifestyle that isn't going to make things any worse than they already are

in the 1200's Genghis khan made hitler look like a jay walker. there are people in this world that are more evil than anyway imaginable and they will go to the grave evil. how's this for trying to put a positive spin on tragedy? there's a good chance Genghis and hitler were responsible for the deaths of people who were destined for even darker things than the people that killed them

Yeah I never really understood why people look to athletes for some kind of moral guidance. Just let them play ball lol.