• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

who cares if he smokes weed? he is a top 3 reciever (arguably #1, thats another debate) in the NFL.

that's it.

Within 15 years the NFL will be prescribing marijuana to players anyway whether it be for concussions or just aches and pains

it's stupid

who cares if he smokes weed? he is a top 3 reciever (arguably #1, thats another debate) in the NFL.

1. the nfl cares
2. i hope you're not suggesting that one really good year means jack shit in the NFL
germaine crowell and marcus robinson were pretty awesome in '99, by 2003 i don't even think they were in the league anymore and it wasn't because of off the field shit

personally i'm rooting for justin blackmon more than i am josh gordan
blackmon is so god damn talented, yet struggles with some serious alcohol problems
a 2016 jag's team with a 3rd year bortles throwing to 5th year blackmon, 2nd year marquis lee, 2nd year allen robinson and hopefully still a veteran in mercedes lewis would be nasty, hopefully they can develop talent in the trenches, their new coach doesn't suck and guys stay healthy and out of trouble

ya'll know how much i love me some rags to riches stories
LETS GO RAMS, LETS GO BUFFALO, LETS GO JAGS, LETS GO MIAMI, LETS GO TITANS, LETS GO BROWNS and LETS GO RAAAAAIDDDDEEERS

I can't fucking believe Kiko Alonso tore his ACL before training camp even started. :!

I can't fucking believe Kiko Alonso tore his ACL before training camp even started. :!
dude that broke my heart as well

i have faith someone will step up and make the recovery smooth - and hey, don't have to worry about him having his sophomore slump ;)

i don't care that bills lost jarious byrd and kiko, they still have a good enough defense considering how poor the offenses in AFC east are, bill's have potential to be a top 10 offense - probably not according to overrated stats re: yards gained and points scored

i'm talking efficiency, ball control, ground n pound and clutch play making

lol a guy has the most receiving yards in the league with one of the shittiest teams in the league and you find a way to say he isnt good

classic. we'll see

like two years from now though

^^If EJ can perform I agree. They definitely have the offensive weapons to be top 10. Bills fans are pretty much split 50/50 on whether EJ is the guy. The ones that don't think we'll have another 6-10 season this year. The ones that do are calling for 9-7 or 10-6 and the playoffs.

The defense is top 10 even without Kiko. They were top 5 in most stats last year besides run defense but that should be vastly improved this year. I still fully expect them to make the playoffs finally, but I'm more disappointed that one of the most anticipated sophomore seasons in the league is now snuffed out. I think a lot of people, not just Bills fans, were excited to see what he would do with a full season under his belt and being moved to the outside where he'd have more room to run around. Hopefully he comes back even stronger in 2015.

lol a guy has the most receiving yards in the league with one of the shittiest teams in the league and you find a way to say he isnt good
where the fuck did i say he wasn;t good?
my point was that in the NFL, nobody is safe from self destruction, the anti-cal ripkin jr
troll harder

and GM solid post, LET'S GO BuFF-O-LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't think EJ needs to play that good to lead them to the playoffs
guys like russell wilson, eli manning, big ben and joe flacco are proof that having a top 10 talent at QB is pretty much irrelevant - not saying guys like peyton manning, tom brady and drew brees can't make the difference between being champions and flat out missing the playoffs

limiting INTs thrown inside both ends of the 20 yard line,keeping opposing defenses on the field by making clutch throws
on 3rd down, and leadership is so much more significant than yards and TDs....and EJ seems like that kind of guy - he isn't exactly dealing with the pressure most of the QBs in the league struggle with, benefits from a great run game,plays for a coach with fresh and innovative play calling , a sturdy defense and the real 12th man

as a ram fan it's a relief knowing that they don't have any super stars on offense - they cost a shit load of money and jealously shows no mercy - a syndrome that has legit losing side effects

you insinuated it

you guys are all on buffalos dick but im driving the bryce brown bandwagon

The only two receivers in NFL history to have more receiving yards in their first two seasons than Josh Gordon are:

Randy Moss(huge stoner)
Jerry Rice

and Gordon was suspended the first two games of last year and still led the NFL, with arguably the worst quarterbacks in the entire league

We might be looking at one of greatest wide receivers of all time, yet the NFL won't let him play cause he smokes pot in the offseason.. Lol it's so fucking stupid. They're taking away entertainment away from the fans.

Like shim said, 15 years from now this whole discussion will become joke

i don't think EJ needs to play that good to lead them to the playoffs
guys like russell wilson, eli manning, big ben and joe flacco are proof that having a top 10 talent at QB is pretty much irrelevant - not saying guys like peyton manning, tom brady and drew brees can't make the difference between being champions and flat out missing the playoffs

limiting INTs thrown inside both ends of the 20 yard line,keeping opposing defenses on the field by making clutch throws
on 3rd down, and leadership is so much more significant than yards and TDs....and EJ seems like that kind of guy - he isn't exactly dealing with the pressure most of the QBs in the league struggle with, benefits from a great run game,plays for a coach with fresh and innovative play calling , a sturdy defense and the real 12th man

Exactly. If EJ plays "average" the Bills should make the playoffs. They have the most talent on the roster they've had in over a decade. No excuses this year!

oh yeah and about josh gordon

if anything playing on a shitty team helps him put up the numbers he did

you probably need this concept explained to you, so here ya go buddy:
NSFW:
when you are on a shitty team you generally are playing catch up all game
when you're playing catch up opposig defenses become less aggressive and take less risks, aka they don't give a shit if the other team scores because it keeps their defense off the field, allowing them to be as fresh as possible come crunch time
defenses main priority is stopping the run, considering the browns didn't have much of a QB last season - brown's probably didn't have to deal with any sort of creative blitzing and generally allowing QBs/WRs more time than usual to create seperation

STOP EVALUATING PLAYERS BASED ON THEIR STATS AND HIGHLIGHTS
well i'm really not pleading for anyone to stop doing their thing , i'm just airing out my frustrations with the logic behind most sport's fans 'best of' lists

isaac bruce has always been my favorite athlete and what i'm about to share gave me confirmation on why i love him so much and has nothing to do with his excellent playing career
4 years ago i heard an interview with him and he was asked who he thought were the top 5 WRs in the league
i don't remember his entire list, but i do remember his list causing me to scratch my head(he had maybe 1 person on the list that was a no brainer) and remember him crowning derek mason as the best WR in the NFL, a guy who was at the end of his career and nowhere near top ten in any of the fantasy football stats

honestly don't remember bruce's reason, i know it had to do with blocking, special teams, and things we don't notice because the camera/box score doesn't show us

isaac bruce is a future HoF, a born leader and 'gets it' way more than any fan or persons in the media
what i got out of it was that statistics are the ignorant and lazy man's way of evaluating talent, fans don't have the slightest idea of who the most talented players are in the league - they shouldn't be expected to and i totally understand why they believe talent is a simple concept to gauge

i will always respect any fan's perspective equally, more so than any talking head behind a camera/mic - because like my self, non of us know shit and i can respect anyone willing to share their opinions - they're fun to listen to

and i can already see it - any response to this post will be negative, and no chance in hell anybody gives me props, because 'hey, cool, i never thought of that'---i'm not trying to tell anyone how to think nor believe that what i believe in is anything close to the truth - i'm simply offering an independent ,slightly educated, alternative perspective

Ok so if you don't base a player's talent off of his stats, than I'm assuming you think offensive poty, defensive poty, and MVP are meaningless awards right?

Also since you said player's on shitty teams are the one putting up stats

How did the denver broncos become the greatest offensive team in nfl history (according to stats) and they made the Super Bowl.
Peyton manning broke records
They were never playing catch up

Pretty sure they didn't have a shitty team

he also got double covered on most of his routes

he's a good player CR idk why you have to be so different on this

check out my post about the Eagles pass defense numbers last year about a page or two ago and get off my fucking back

The only two receivers in NFL history to have more receiving yards in their first two seasons than Josh Gordon are:

Randy Moss(huge stoner)
hate to break your bubble and to continue riding isaac bruce's cock
but did you not look at his first 3 seasons?
first year(1994) - 12 games, 272 yards, 3 tds
2nd year - 16 games, 119 receptions, 1781 yards(was single season record, for a day, until rice had a monster game on monday night in week 17), 13 tds
3rd year -16 games, 84 receptions, 1338 yards, 7 tds

the ram's were awful those 3 years, which bruce surely benefited from
this was before modern day's passing era in the NFL that started somewhere around 2007 - back when player's safety wasn't nearly of a concern and making it much more difficult to gain separation

again, i have no idea what i'm talking about, amirite?

fuck, somebody back me up - not that i really give a shit

Also since you said player's on shitty teams are the one putting up stats

How did the denver broncos become the greatest offensive team in nfl history (according to stats) and they made the Super Bowl.
Peyton manning broke records
They were never playing catch up

Pretty sure they didn't have a shitty team
rule changes and maybe the most talented QB of all time

Lol I love how you have an exception for every opinion you have that you claim to be true

The 2013 Broncos wouldn't have been that good in the 90's NFL.... right?

stay closed minded, continue to focus/address ANY minor contradictions and continue to ignore any/all logical reasoning that's new to you

i love how nobody else around here is willing to listen unbiasedly or support anybody who thinks differently

you're going to tell me that today's NFL is anything close to what it was a decade ago? 20 years ago? 30 years ago?
back when you used to be allowed rough the shit out of WRs off the line, helmet to helmet collisions and horse collar tackling was completely acceptable, pass interference was only called when it was blatant and the only thing that protected the QB was their OL/FB/HB

Lol I don't even want to argue this

Every single sport has bigger, faster, and stronger athletes than there was 30 years ago, 20 years, and even a decade ago

If you don't believe that, than you're pretty ignorant

i didn't once predict that josh gordon was never going to put up all pro numbers or has zero chance of developing into one of the all time greats

i fucking root harder for the browns than anybody around here - i'm just attempting to bring yall back down to earth

god forbid somebody play devil's advocate or speculate non-happy endings around here

my main point is how unpredictable sports are - but feel free to expect continuity, and i mean it, i guess you didn't read the part where i said i respect/support anybodies opinions