• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

I think you're looking at last week's stats Arci. Those rankings don't appear to be updated after today's games. This link has updated stats.

And by the way, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I said the Bills have the best defensive line in the league, not the best defense in the league. Detroit does.

But the Bills Dline is better. Sorry but it's true.

aah yep you're right I was looking at last week

Miami's defense is sneaky good.. They are still under the radar and have one of the better defenses in the league

why the green bay D is more orientated towards the pass.

STATS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
This Game 19 22 255 86.4 11.59 59 3 0 154.5

AR stats today. Go ahead try and beat that with the run.. better have the best defense in the league. We will role over detroit when we see them next.

I think if Kiko Alonso wasn't lost for the season the Bills could give the Lions a run for their money, but there's no doubt Detroit is the most dominant overall defense in the league through 7 weeks. Other teams dream of being able to be that well-rounded in pass and rush defense. It's usually one or the other, not both.

why the green bay D is more orientated towards the pass.

STATS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
This Game 19 22 255 86.4 11.59 59 3 0 154.5

AR stats today. Go ahead try and beat that with the run.. better have the best defense in the league. We will role over detroit when we see them next.

Haha we'll see... As long as we have Calvin Johnson I think we'll be ok. Aaron Rodgers is the best qb though right now imo so it's going to be a tough game.

I don't think there is one player more important to his team than Calvin Johnson to Detroit... Their offense is completely different when he's not in the lineup

Golden Tate tho... might be the best offseason signing this year. He's unstoppable.. and fits in perfectly to Detroit's offense

Yeah I actually feel like the lions have a chance. But they always manage to find a way to fuck it up at the end of the year somehow

Wouldn't surprise me if they miss the playoffs lol

hey arci how about every quartback on a team not named Oakland or Jacksonville

or buffalo

insert Bryce Brown

lookout

lol yeah I know.. but you have to admit CJ can take over a game at any time

no wide receivers can do what he does. You won't see another player like him for at least a decade

He's like the Lebron James of the nfl

Calvin Johnson is the best football player at any position in the entire league right now imo.

But I'm hoping Sammy Watkins changes that. =D

that was true like 6-7 years ago when he first came in the league but its really not anymore

demaryius thomas, dez bryant, jimmy graham, shit id look out for Cordarrele patterson if he had a QB

not everyone is as tall and fast as him but there's plenty of guys who are just as tall and fast enough

not saying he's overrated, just not irreplaceable as once thought.

scheme and a solid o line does more for a team than some freak wide receiver. I could catch touchdowns if put in the right spot. Athletes like CJ just broaden the area for the "spot" to be in

best football player do you watch the Broncos play? wow

You're right there are a lot of things that can do more for a team than a single player, but when you're just talking about a single player I think he takes the cake.

unless he throws the pass to himself that will never be true

im just not as high on receivers as others I guess. my philosophy is anyone who can run fast can be a good receiver if the line and QB are on point.

the seahawks won the super bowl with one of the shittiest receiving corps in super bowl history

Remember last year when dez Bryant was talking shit about Calvin Johnson and how he was better than him

Then they play each other the next week and Calvin Johnson put up 329 yards in that game

lol one of best performances I have ever witnessed by one player

unless he throws the pass to himself that will never be true

im just not as high on receivers as others I guess. my philosophy is anyone who can run fast can be a good receiver if the line and QB are on point.

the seahawks won the super bowl with one of the shittiest receiving corps in super bowl history

That's because defenses always win Championships. That was true in 1990 when the #1 ranked Giants defense beat the #1 ranked Bills offense in the Bowl and it's true now, as shown by Seattle's trouncing of Denver last year. Same with the Giants over the Pats in 2007.

And I agree with what you're saying. I'm not talking about taking into consideration things like who is throwing to who or any other outside factors. I just think when you look at each individual player in the league, he's the best. That doesn't mean he's going to lead them to the Bowl or that he gives them a bigger chance of winning than offensive schemes or game planning.

idk you could argue JJ Watt but its all arguments and I dont really care tbh

its not that I dont care really, there's just different ways to skin a cat. I think that's how the expression goes

eagles defense is criminally underrated, I think they force at least 3 turnovers against dallas. people seem to forget DeMarco has a little history of fumbling. combined with romo's history of interceptions. combined with the eagles forcing a lot of turnovers

its going to be a shootout on thanksgiving, but I think dallas fails to score when they really have to

just like usual

JJ Watt is a good argument. Dude is retardedly good. But better than the type of "good" that guys like Suh or Marcel Darius are. He makes highlight-worthy plays that change games on the regular.