• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

way to side with the man just because it's brady, gm. disappointed.

:)

alasdair

I'd side with Adolf Hitler if he was taking a tough stance on Tom Brady and the Patriots and their cheating.

God I can't freaking wait. Hell I can't even wait for training camp to start July 17th. All I have now are tidbits to read about OTAs or "Organized Team Activities" which are just mellow practices without pads. Not much you can learn from those imo.

^ yah but as a Steelers die-hard, attending OTAs in Latrobe, PA has always been on my football bucket list. apparently you can get pretty close to the players and you get to ascertain some pretty nifty football things from a visit or two

I hate the Patriots along with the best of them; but I'm not sure about this deflategate ruling. I don't trust Goodell as far as I can throw him - at the very least it is funny to see Robert Kraft get bitten by the hand that so often feeds him

it would be best for the NFL if Tom Brady was not suspended (again, his suspension is so arbitrary)

Steelers rookies looking pretty good. expect to see Auburn WR Sammie Coates to have a good year on a once again insanely talented WR corps. and I am stoked that Pittsburgh couldn't resist, once again, to not pick up an Ohio State Buckeye in the draft. they got our former defensive captain CB Doran Grant, whom I expect to make an immediate impact on special teams, and then in a couple years on defense

while the Steelers defense will be lacking (again) the Steelers offense looks to possibly break a couple of NFL records. like the Steel Curtain defense of the 70s this offense needs a nickname - they are that good

offense wins championships? feels disgusting as a Steelers fan to say that, but in Goodell's NFL it is true

Well I disagree about the Brady stuff. I'd rather they have just banned him for life.

That's cool you're going to OTAs. Have you ever been? I'm planning a trip out to St. John Fisher college to watch a Bills training camp session for the first time this year. Pretty stoked.

never been to OTAs. was reading an article about how if the Steelers won their last game in 2003, they wouldn't have been able to snag Roethlisberger cuz the Bills were hard up on him, as well

funny how shit like that works in sports. for example, the god damn New York Jest traded up to get Revis Island in the draft, a player the Steelers had multiple erections for

can't imagine that late 2000s-era Steelers D with an actual shut-down corner. wanted Revis ever since

yah, it would have been a real treat to see him play against Brady twice a year

I don't know how true that article is though, cuz iirc weren't the Bills all about Drew Bledsoe circa 2002??

No I've definitely heard the rumors about the Bills/Big Ben connection before too. Not sure if it's true or not but most Bills fans believe we wanted him at the time.

I went to Eagles training camp with my friend and his dad once back in like 2003 and honestly I thought it was kind of stupid. its only cool to see the players up close really but if you go expecting to see anything close to football you'll be dissapointed. especially now that everyone is worried about injuries, they probably do even less.

oh and you can get an autograph of the long snapper and 3rd string DT if you wait in line for 3-4 hours

good times

I just found out the NFL has a ban on teams using Periscope, which is bullshit. It'd be an awesome app to use to let fans see bits and pieces of training camp and practices and stuff. The Yankees and the Mets both Periscoped their batting practices today and the MLB didn't lose millions of dollars to copyright pirates. Is the NFL really that paranoid?

can't believe you missed the opportunity to make a spygate reference :)

alasdair