• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

the 1980s movie vault

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
I was born in the early 80s, and have a real soft spot for films of that particular decade. Some of which are like time capsules, in that they have the ability to transport you right back to that place and time with their cheesy soundtracks and crazy fashions. But they weren't all like that. Some of them were actually rather good, and I mean without feeling the need to convince yourself you like them just because of the nostalgia involved. So, I thought I'd start this thread as an ode to the forgotten, or cherished films or yesteryear. Cuz even though I grew up watching a lot of your typical 80s films, I'm always finding a treasure I'd never even heard of before. Such as After Hours (1985).

afterhours.jpg

trailer

A truly edge of your seat caper. I think I accidentally discovered it a few years back, and I've seen it and loved it many times since then. :D

So this is kind of a place for us to discuss, or recommend any film from the 80s. It can be tacky, so bad it's good, a masterpiece, an unknown, a horror, anything you like. All I ask is that you post a link to a clip or trailer, or at least a picture. :)

Goonies! Everyone my age knows that Goonies is the best 80s movie!

200px-The_Goonies.jpg

stand_by_me.jpg

I've been watching stand by me for as long as I remember. One of my favorite 80s flicks for sure

Gleaming the Cube (1989)

Gleaming_the_cube.jpg

Christian Slater as Brian Kelly, a 16-year-old skateboarder investigating the death of his adopted Vietnamese brother. ( yes its as awesome as it sounds )

use to be a little skateboarding dude back in the day and this movie to me was like the coolest shit ever. it will always hold a special place in my <3.

spoiler filled awesomely bad trailer

That was slightly overkill there, Frankie. But thanks. =D

Gleaming The Cube is next on my list. I've been meaning to watch it for ages now. I've never really been a fan of Christian Slater, in fact, I don't care for him at all. But that film is begging to be watched for the absurdity factor alone. :D

I'm currently in the process of tracking down some obscurities. I've just watched Deadly Friend (1986)

dfriend%20poster.jpg

Synopsis: A lonely teenage genius has only two friends in the world, a robot named Bee Bee and his neighbor Samantha. When they are both involved in an accident, he attempts to save them by pushing technology beyond its mortal limits into a horrible new realm.

trailer

Spectacularly bad on so many levels, but damn entertaining. I seriously didn't think I was gonna make it to the end, but I did. Directed by Wes Craven, and starring Kristy Swanson and Anne Ramsey (Mama Fratelli from The Goonies). They certainly don't make them like this any more. =D

deadly+friend+2.jpg

cocoonposter1.jpg

E.T., Critters, Police academy,Road house, Red Dawn, Top Gun, Gotcha,Danny the champion of the world etc...

Last edited:
Cocoon is an amazing movie...I can't believe I forgot it for this post!

Gleaming The Cube is next on my list. I've been meaning to watch it for ages now. I've never really been a fan of Christian Slater, in fact, I don't care for him at all. But that film is begging to be watched for the absurdity factor alone. :D
lol. hell yea. be sure to share your thoughts about it after ya see it =). awesome new avatar btw. hey you guys!

I've got to break the trend of posting movie posters, since these are all the movies from the 80's that are included in my Top 100, and there's 20 one of them. It would be more spam than even HisNameIsFrank conceived.

After Hours
Back to the Future
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade Runner
Breaker Morant
Das Boot
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Gandhi
Ghostbusters
Karate Kid, The
King of Comedy, The
Mad Max 2
Once Upon a Time in America
Paris, Texas
Princess Bride, The
Scarface
Shining, The
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Three Amigos, The

You calling my post spam, pal? I like to be visual is all. How could I have forgotten about Big Trouble In Little China? Or The Golden Child for that matter?

Post all the pictures you want, I just couldn't be farked finding and posting 20 images so blamed you.