• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

temazepam under tounge?

rolls

Ex-Bluelighter
Can you dissolve this under your tounge? I heard its not water soluble so would it still be absorbed or is it required to be in an acidic solution eg stomach?

^ I've heard of a new sublingual Temazepam tablet, but am unsure about taking T powder from capsules and placing it under ones tongue for an effect. I'm sure someone else is wiser than I concerning this subject.

i wonder about the answer to this one, but my guess is no. it wouldnt do much to increase effects but you would still experience the same effects.....just my theory, id love to be proven wrong. they wouldnt make a sublingual tablet if it was already more effective sublingually. sublingual tablets......hmmm any idea if the mg strengths are the same as oral doses, and what the price difference would be when getting that filled in the u.s.?

I have sublingualed a total of 2 (30mg) Temazepams tonight - thats 60mgs. I did 30mg worth of powder at a time and let each 30mgs sit under my tongue for 15-30mins. I almost swore they hit faster then oral, but it was the last of my script so i couldnt, so i couldn't test out this method again. But didnt people in europe or somewhere used to I.V. Temazepam? They came in gel-caps and they were referred to as "jellies" on the street. So i was thinking that if these stoopid junkies were IVing temazepam then it must be good to sublingual it, right?
hmmmm?

Last edited:
^yeah the gelcaps were widely abused over in europe while they were still available but they caused a hell of a lot health problems ie - gangrene which people lost limbs to.

the only advantage to sublingual temazepam is going to be the quicker come on compared to oral; the oral BA is around the 90%+ range.

if you've got a tolerance to other benzos (or other gaba agonists) it could explain why it takes you that amount of temaze to get a buzz. i've got a high tolerance to benzos in general and it takes me pretty high doses to get high from it as well.

You should be able to do the whole sublingual administration with temazepam, same as any other benzo. I think the idea with subbing benzos is that while you don't fully absorb all of the drug in your mouth, the rest of the drug will be taken up in the GI tract, so you don't really have to worry about wasting any of it. Although temazepam has low water solubility, it may absorb slightly better under the tongue than in other mucosal tissue due to using saliva as the delivery medium (although I'm not entirely sure about that, its just some scientific wild-assed guessing on my part).

And Jah, as far as Temazepam dosages go, 15-30 mg gets me pretty well. I think it takes quite a bit of Temazepam for you to get a buzz because, unless I am mistaken, you are a pretty frequent user of benzos, for both recreational and medicinal usages...and off course benzos have high (if not complete) cross-tolerance, so its probably your high benzo tolerance in general that makes you require more temazepam to feel anything, it has nothing to do with any unique qualities of temazepam.

Be careful mixing all the benzos with that subutex though, man. I know that you know what you are doing, and that buprenorphine isn't the most powerful opiate, but I'm just trying to look out for you since mixing downers can sometimes end badly.

EDIT: Dangit, lefty beat me to all of this and said it in a much more coherent and less meandering fashion than I. C'est la vie!

Is there any other Benzo out there thats used for insomnia? Also could i get Valium prescribed as a "muscle relaxor"?

!~!

Last edited:
Thats interesting that temazepam doesn't really seem to affect your friends or you nearly as much as other benzos seem to. 60 mg of temazepam seems like alot for a benzo-naive person, he must have a pretty crazy natural tolerance! Or does he? What dosage of xanax would usually get him going?

As far as your case though, 90 mg temazepam to feel anything actually kind of makes sense. Using an online conversion chart, 20 mg temazepam is about equal to 1 mg alprazolam. So, if you take 2 bars (4 mg) of xanax, that's about 80 mg temazepam, so when you say that 90 mg temazepam is what it takes for you to feel a buzz, that seems to make sense given your tolerance.

What doesn't make sense to me is that your friend takes so much temazeam to feel anything, but without knowing more about his tolerance and how often he takes benzos (I'm guessing even a couple times a month could build a tolerance, somewhat,) its hard to even speculate as to why this could be.

i find the effects of temazepam to be quite subtle, even when i had no benzo tolerance. you could try a stronger hypnotic, but its a dark road to head down. especially for long term use.

I've been prescribed temazepam for several years, and personally I love it. Though it's not a potent benzo like alprazolam, the quality of the high is quite good. 240mg of temazepam gets me right fucked for a night. And it's a great way to smooth out a stimulant high. Personally I've never seen what the urge is to deliver it to the body quicker.... benzos are active enough orally, and there really seems to be no benefit to the high with a quicker absorption. I've never tried shooting temazepam though, so perhaps that feels really good?

They came in gel-caps and they were referred to as "jellies" on the street. So i was thinking that if these stoopid junkies were IVing temazepam then it must be good to sublingual it, right?
hmmmm?

I was one of those stoopid people :!

When I was in N.Z a few years ago, they were easily available - I used to mix it with homebake heroin and shoot it.

Thankfully, I never had any complications that I know off.

If those sublingual tabs that were linked to earlier in this thread are water soluable, then we will probably see a lot more IV benzo on the streets :\

Pallidamors I really do have a super small benzo tolerance. I only get them once in awhile (when they are around)... For instance I take about 4mgs of Alprazolam (2 bars) to get a good 'buzz' and it takes me like 90-120mg temazepam to get a buzz.. like wtf?? I even have given 60mgs Temazepam to friends that are pretty much benzo-naive and even told them b4 i gave them to them that these pills (Temazepam) are "SUPER FIRE SRTONG." just so i would know if they were lying after the experience. After the experience both friends reported back to me with no effects what-so-ever.. One friend said he thinks he felt a little buzz but was probably just a placebo... So i dunno but then i get on here and some you guys actually like the stuff..

Is there any other Benzo out there thats used for insomnia? Also could i get Valium prescribed as a "muscle relaxor"?

!~!

4 mg of alprazolam is equal to 160 mg temazepam, since we know that 0.5 mg xanax = 20 mg temazepam.

so 90-120 mg of temazepam is actually only about 2.25-3 mg of alprazolam.
So it takes more alprazolam to get u high than it does temazepam.

so if u need 4 mg of alprazolam, u would need to take 8 pills of the 0.5 mg xanax (8 x 0.5 = 4 mg).

equal dose of temazepam is 20 mg and u need 120 mg, so u would take 6 pills of 20 mg temazepam (6 x 20 = 120 mg).

See less temazepam, more alprazolam based upon their equivalencies.

I iv'ed the normison gel caps a few times.
NEVER DO THIS, i'm lucky I have my arms left still, pure luck.
as for sublingually, I've done it, it worked, it didn't work as well as oral administration.

Temazepam is highly water soluble and therefore can be injected (I don't condone it though) or taken sub lingually. Like gorgo said, they do make the normison gel caps that ive heard were popular among IV heroin users in asia/australia (just rumored, not really sure). However, you can still take the powder out of the capsules and let it dissolve under your tongue if you can take the taste.

Ive taken temazepam for a few years and find that it is one of the most euphoric benzos when taken in high doses (120mg), although many people disagree as to how they feel the effects of temazepam and some don't feel much at all.

It take a large amount for me to get a decent effect from Temaz also. And I don't have a large tolerance to Benzos either.
Don't IV Temazepam (or any other Benzo in pill form). vonchampz - Temazepam is NOT highly water soluble at all. Please don't spread misinformation such as this.

I believe it is monsta. I just went to the restoril (temazepam) website and it also states that. http://www.restoril.com/pro_safety.asp

After reading the website the solubility refers to crossing the BBB(lipid solubility). Sorry guys. I guess it is slightly water soluble. I didn't double check my information and relied on my memory instead of fact checking. Sorry again!

Last edited:
^^^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temazepam

Very slightly soluble in water and sparingly soluble in alcohol, 1.8% expirienced euphoria, the terminal full-life is 8.8 hours. No sleep-inducing effects after taking it more than 5 days. 5th most prescibed drug in USA. I don't understand why this Temazepam is on some countries "illegal" Benzo's list. I wonder if us in the USA get shitty Temazepam cause I'd rather take a freaking seroquel compared to Temaz.

Just adding that Restoril.com says people who took a placebo got more R.E.M spleep than those who actually took the pill. But they only took 7.5mg.

Last edited:
Pallidamors I really do have a super small benzo tolerance. I only get them once in awhile (when they are around)... For instance I take about 4mgs of Alprazolam (2 bars) to get a good 'buzz' and it takes me like 90-120mg temazepam to get a buzz.. like wtf?? I even have given 60mgs Temazepam to friends that are pretty much benzo-naive and even told them b4 i gave them to them that these pills (Temazepam) are "SUPER FIRE SRTONG." just so i would know if they were lying after the experience. After the experience both friends reported back to me with no effects what-so-ever.. One friend said he thinks he felt a little buzz but was probably just a placebo... So i dunno but then i get on here and some you guys actually like the stuff..

!~!

A "super small benzo tolerance" doesn't mean you take 4mg of alprazolam to get a "good buzz". That means you have quite a high benzo tolerance. People with a "super small benzo tolerance" can get high off of 1/4th of a single bar.

Most benzos aren't suitable for treating insomnia. The other common hypnotic benzodiazepines are Halcion (triazolam) and Dalmane (flurazepam).