• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Temazepam question

Keets

Greenlighter
Doc prescribed me 15mg and said if it didn't work take 30mg he said it was a big dose though. 30mg didn't effect me at all so I as wondering if maybe he under prescribed me the temazepam knowing I might take more. Have also tried alprazolam and doubled the dos and no side effects either. Xanax didn't effect me either but Valium did for a short time. Also wondering if I have just built up a tolerance anything i take usually works the fist time than after that nothing. The temazepam is capsules so I can't take half of one but not sure if taking 3 15mg capsule will be too much. I'm pretty small I'm 5'2 and weigh 130 I can easily drink 10 shots of vodka and not be effected or messed up maybe that's the problem

It sounds like a tolerance issue.
You could up your dose to see if it helps.
What are you trying to achieve?
Getting rid of anxiety or feeling some sort of buzz?

It sounds like a tolerance issue.
You could up your dose to see if it helps.
What are you trying to achieve?
Getting rid of anxiety or feeling some sort of buzz?

either one. Dr gave it to me for sleep it doesn't help at all
and in all honesty I don't really to be drinking 10-13 shots to feel any effect

i was prescribed tamazapam, 30mg each. i needed to take like 3 or 4 of them to feel good. it sucks cause you go through your script in less than 10 days. it sounds like a tolerance issue to me. at that time i was taking anywhere from 10 to 18 mg of xanax so the tamazapam was pretty weak compared to the xanax. i mean it does help you relax but if you really want a buzz you gotta take a lot. good luck

i was prescribed tamazapam, 30mg each. i needed to take like 3 or 4 of them to feel good. it sucks cause you go through your script in less than 10 days. it sounds like a tolerance issue to me. at that time i was taking anywhere from 10 to 18 mg of xanax so the tamazapam was pretty weak compared to the xanax. i mean it does help you relax but if you really want a buzz you gotta take a lot. good luck

Ugh tried 45mg and nothing. Yeah I bet the running out early that's not something I want either

45mg did something but it's so subtle you don't notice it because you're looking for euphoria.

i've taken as much as 150mg of the stuff, that's 5 30mg's pills. chance of OD with benzos is very low

Yeah I bet the running out early that's not something I want either

Why not? You already said the drug does nothing for you. Then why would it even matter if you ran out early?

Why not? You already said the drug does nothing for you. Then why would it even matter if you ran out early?

i don't know I was hoping that maybe it would work. Also my doc will want to count my meds at my next visit because I have an alochol problem.

I don't get why every time they give me something he says it's a pretty high dose but apparently it's not.

30 mg is the highest suggested single use dose, that's why he said that. the point of the drug is not to get high but to put you to sleep. it's a hipnotic with some anxiety relief as well. if he's going to count your meds i suggest you just give up trying to get high OR get high now and just leave the correct amount in the bottle that you should have. good luck

i don't know I was hoping that maybe it would work. Also my doc will want to count my meds at my next visit because I have an alochol problem.

If your doc knows you have substance abuse problems and is prescribing you benzos then hes a fucking idiot and needs to have his license yanked.

30 mg is the highest suggested single use dose, that's why he said that. the point of the drug is not to get high but to put you to sleep. it's a hipnotic with some anxiety relief as well. if he's going to count your meds i suggest you just give up trying to get high OR get high now and just leave the correct amount in the bottle that you should have. good luck

not trying to high or messed up just looking to getsome relief. Desperately need,to,shut off my Brain and get so,e sleep.

I think the picture becomes more clear when you mention the fact that you have some problems regarding alcoholism. Alcoholics in my experience are highly tolerant to GABA related drugs/sedatives. It probably makes sense that the therapeutic dose of a tranquilizer doesn't do much for you after you've been bombarding your system with a very strong, intoxicating psychoactive drug (alcohol). I mean, you did mention how 10 shots of hard liquor seemingly has no effect on you, so I'm guessing your tolerance is pretty high

^This

Alcohol and benzos act on the same receptor, GABA-A, so there should be some cross tolerance.

And you build a tolerance to the hypnotic effects of benzos pretty fast.

Why do you take it, even though it's doing nothing? You risk dependency and withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking them, even though they don't do shit for you in the first place.

Last edited:
I don't get why every time they give me something he says it's a pretty high dose but apparently it's not.

Because not everyone has a tolerance like you......I was drooling on my pillow after sleeping 10 hours from a dose of only 10mgs.

10mgs did the job for me & put me to sleep after an hour, & it was euphoric a bit......not everyone is wired the same & your tolerance must be really high if you couldn't feel 45mgs.

Yeah, temazepam is super effective at knocking me out too. My friend once found a bottle with 60x30mg pills and that stuff was like instant amnesia, mixed with dope it brought me to the gates of heaven and probably a step from death. IMO though it's not really effective as an anxiolytic though. Alprazolam and Diazepam are the best benzo's if you want to feel 'chill' IMO, they're the only ones that I've tried that I could say have anything close to 'euphoric properties', well, triazolam too but I've only had the pleasure of taking halcion a few times in my drug career, and each one ended in disaster. Temazepam is the kind of benzo where you don't consciously know that you're intoxicated.

Anyway I agree that the reason you're not 'feeling it' is likely due to tolerance, either to alcohol or past benzodiazepine usage.

Doc prescribed me 15mg and said if it didn't work take 30mg he said it was a big dose though. 30mg didn't effect me at all so I as wondering if maybe he under prescribed me the temazepam knowing I might take more. Have also tried alprazolam and doubled the dos and no side effects either. Xanax didn't effect me either but Valium did for a short time. Also wondering if I have just built up a tolerance anything i take usually works the fist time than after that nothing. The temazepam is capsules so I can't take half of one but not sure if taking 3 15mg capsule will be too much. I'm pretty small I'm 5'2 and weigh 130 I can easily drink 10 shots of vodka and not be effected or messed up maybe that's the problem

Sure you can.

Get some empty gelcaps dump the entire temazepam powder into one then dump half of that into another gel cap. I was prescribed 30mg for a few years and used the above method to spit mine as I was only needing 15mg, this allowed me to build up a nice stash and protect myself incase I got cutoff.

Temazepam for sleep is a waste for me. I'd rather take an antihistamine or an antiadrenergic drug for sleep. Temazepam is just fun and anxiolytic:)