• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Temazepam, nitrazepam, triazolam, and estazolam... The hypnotic purposed benzodiazepines.

Wow bro,
Haha I think exactly the same as u, the fent trash was made up 1000% just like the crack epidemic. I was 15 years old when I tried codeine (2009) lol, and that became a long lasting relationship with opiates til I fell in love with morphine iv'd.
I was Oxycontins bitch for the last cpl years before they changed the fórmula, I still miss the magic of those pills.
We still get the 'OC' ones here in UK, in fact I've only ever come across one brand that wasn't crushable - think it was Accord but can't be 100% on that as it was about 3 - 4 yrs ago....
Yeah I was oxys bitch for a good while bk in 2020. When lockdown was announced I wasn't pissed off like everyone else, I was like - "I have an excuse not to go anywhere, do anything. I can get my oxys delivered thru my letterbox when I need em & stay high indoors all day. This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!" And it was for a while.... until my tolerance rose & rose to the point where I was needing 7 x 80s (560mg) every morning just to feel normal. Man, it took me a long time to beat that demon but just as well I did as not too long after I stopped em they more than quadrupled in price 😬
Took me moving bk onto H, then DHC & tapered down to get clean

Well, temazepam and triazolam were the two most widely prescribed short-acting hypnotics for insomnia back in the 80s ad early 90s. Flurazepam was first line, but patients often complained about its hangover effect. There were no "z-drugs" back then. But Dahmer was using temazepam 30 mg for two years (1988-1991). He was switched to triazolam in Feb '91 and got busted July '91. He eventually said that the triazolam wasn't keeping them asleep for as long as the temazepam, leading to his last victim waking up and running out of Dahmer's apartment and waving down police which led to his arrest.
Halcion got bad press when it first came out in Europe around 1979, but in 1990-91 it was really demonized in the media. Addictiveness was part of it, but there were also sensational stories of Halcion supposedly causing mild-mannered people to do crazy things—like kill their family members for no reason—in a sleepwalking state with no memory of it. To deal with the bad PR, they stopped making the half-milligram tablets, even though 0.25mg is usually considered equivalent to only 15mg of temazepam or flurazepam.

I always liked clean high grade heroin myself, but as far a clean feeling synthetic ( actually think it might be semi-synthetic) I personally fancied Dilaudid (hydromorphone hydrochloride).
Agree fent is garbage. I never took the crap they have out now, but I have done back when they the patches were big.
Synthetic opioids are trash - fentanyl is garbage recreationally. Methadone sucks. Very, very few synthetics that feel like true opiates/opioids - Demerol is one (IV particularly), ketobemidone and dextromoramide are two others, and levorphanol is another one (feels sort of like hydrocodone, just longer lasting and although it is a decent opioid, there's still this "synthetic" feel to it),

I had an estazolam script once, took it for about a year and a half (only at night, and alprazolam during the day).Sort of feels like alprazolam but with just alprazolam's hypnotic effects isolated.

For me there are two types of benzodiazepine euphoria, the first type being a sort of cognitive euphoria from derived from the stimulating, hypomanic effects of certain benzos (like alprazolam and etizolam) and the second type being physical euphoria from the dreamy, relaxing effects (as produced by benzos like temazepam, midazolam, flubromazolam etc).

Very rarely does any one benzo do both of these things well. For instance, while alprazolam can clearly have strong sedative- hypnotic at high doses, it does so in a much colder and less physically euphoric fashion than say temazepam. Yet at the same time, while temazepam has a much more physically enjoyable feel to it, it is unable to (at any dose, high or low) replicate the motivating and anti-depressant-like effects of alprazolam.
Alprazolam's so-called "anti-depressant" effects, I believe is nothing short of big pharma manipulation. This simply cannot be true. It has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that benzodiazepines cause depressive disorders. Anything you ready about alprazolam's "antidepressant" effect (omg, real antidepressants don't even work) is just fooling you. It's a big pharma lie. Because a lot of psychiatrists refuse to prescribe benzos to depressed individuals because it is a kown FACT that they as a class cause depression. So what way to change that? Donate to have some corrupt scientist to get the findings that somehow, unlike the rest of the benzos, including other triazolobenzos, Xanax has anti-depressant effects. That's how it works.

Alprazolam's so-called "anti-depressant" effects, I believe is nothing short of big pharma manipulation. This simply cannot be true. It has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that benzodiazepines cause depressive disorders. Anything you ready about alprazolam's "antidepressant" effect (omg, real antidepressants don't even work) is just fooling you. It's a big pharma lie. Because a lot of psychiatrists refuse to prescribe benzos to depressed individuals because it is a kown FACT that they as a class cause depression. So what way to change that?

Well that is true, because benzodiazepines in the long run don't have anti-depressant effects whatsoever. They tend to make to make it worse.

Thus my use of the language "anti-depressant-like" as opposed to saying anti-depressant (which was a distinction made for this very purpose, they aren't anti-depressants but). In the short term, they can have short lived "anti-depressant-like" effects but this is largely a function of the relief of anxiety. Like many gabaergics, benzodiazepines are not true antidepressants by any regard. There are exceptions, some gabaergics, like allopregnanolone have true anti-depressant effects. And indeed alprazolam itself is a bit different from other benzos like diazepam in that it has been shown to increase swimming in the forced swim test at low doses. The explanation for this is simple, benzodiazepines subtype affinites.

I would never say benzos are anti-depressants, but certain benzos have anti-depressant-like qualities at low doses. In the long-term the exacerbate it. And in the short term at high dose they can also exacerbate it.

Halcion got bad press when it first came out in Europe around 1979, but in 1990-91 it was really demonized in the media. Addictiveness was part of it, but there were also sensational stories of Halcion supposedly causing mild-mannered people to do crazy things—like kill their family members for no reason—in a sleepwalking state with no memory of it. To deal with the bad PR, they stopped making the half-milligram tablets, even though 0.25mg is usually considered equivalent to only 15mg of temazepam or flurazepam.
I was 10 years old in 1991. I vaguely remember much about the "demonization of Halcion". Temazepam received far worse press and condemnation in Europe and Australia, by far. In the UK, temazepam is not classed with other benzodiazepines in their controlled substances scheduling system. It's storage is like the storage of pentobarbital, dextroamphetamine, secobarbital, while the rest of the benzos don't have specific storage guidelines.

This simply cannot be true. It has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that benzodiazepines cause depressive disorders

Yeah I been addicted to them off and on for years and other stuff in the past, now it's just valium for anxiety and insomina, but I'm trying to taper as all I do is stay in bed with anxiety, low mood, no energy, fibromyalgia and I know the valium causes depression but coming off causes PAWS and worse depression, so I'm screwed, stay on vallies, trying to taper, get down to a certain amount, can't sleep, take more, fuck up taper but I need them to leave the house or stop and get PAWS and feel even WORSE for up to 2 years apparently, fuck that, I have so many issues that I self medicate for because my doctor won't give me anything as pills are addictive and I'm mentally ill with a chronic pain condition and insomina, oh sorry she has gave me forsip nutrition drinks as I can't eat and after 15 antidepressants that all caused bad side effects I was banned from those a year ago ish too, till recently told her I still have insomina and feel low so take promethazine to sleep, occasionally I do but I'm addicted to valium and she prescribed trazodone, which I read side effects on and I'm to scared to take, nightmares and weight loss, I can't loose anymore weight

Oh and almost everything causes nightmares, so I know trazodone will, it took long enough getting off mirtazapine, I'm not sure I want back on an antidepressant, but if the PAWS is bad when I eventually stop vallies I might have too as I was suicidal on high dose mirtazapine then had serotonin syndrome again, went onto zopiclone, high doses was even worse, so stopped them, they so bad I won't touch one ever again and went back on valium yet again

And indeed alprazolam itself is a bit different from other benzos like diazepam in that it has been shown to increase swimming in the forced swim test at low doses

What on earth is a forced swim test?

Xanax doesn't last long enough for me I get bad rebound anxiety after 2 hours, when I first bought 2mg bars after years of wanting to try them I loved them, loose ones but they had xanax in them but probably other stuff too as lasted much longer, it wasn't untill I bought prescription ones in blister packs that I went off them as I know they was legit as sent to Wedinos lol

🙃 until my tolerance rose & rose to the point where I was needing 7 x 80s (560mg) every morning just to feel normal. Man, it took me a long time to beat that demon but just as well I did as not too long after I stopped em they more than quadrupled in price 😬
Took me moving bk onto H, then DHC & tapered down to get clean
7 - 80's every morning? o_O...Ouch, dude. I know that one hurt.
Worst acute wds I have had was probably from banging opana.
Anything with that short of a half life hurts bad up front. That first day or so is bruutalll.
Methadone wds at peak got there too, but it took it a couple days or so to really set in.
But given the choice I guess I would for sure rather get hit by a 50,000 pound Mack truck than a 100 car locomotive that runs over you one 30- ton car at a time 🥺😛

Last edited:
Yeah I been addicted to them off and on for years and other stuff in the past, now it's just valium for anxiety and insomina, but I'm trying to taper as all I do is stay in bed with anxiety, low mood, no energy, fibromyalgia and I know the valium causes depression but coming off causes PAWS and worse depression, so I'm screwed, stay on vallies, trying to taper, get down to a certain amount, can't sleep, take more, fuck up taper but I need them to leave the house or stop and get PAWS and feel even WORSE for up to 2 years apparently, fuck that, I have so many issues that I self medicate for because my doctor won't give me anything as pills are addictive and I'm mentally ill with a chronic pain condition and insomina, oh sorry she has gave me forsip nutrition drinks as I can't eat and after 15 antidepressants that all caused bad side effects I was banned from those a year ago ish too, till recently told her I still have insomina and feel low so take promethazine to sleep, occasionally I do but I'm addicted to valium and she prescribed trazodone, which I read side effects on and I'm to scared to take, nightmares and weight loss, I can't loose anymore weight

Oh and almost everything causes nightmares, so I know trazodone will, it took long enough getting off mirtazapine, I'm not sure I want back on an antidepressant, but if the PAWS is bad when I eventually stop vallies I might have too as I was suicidal on high dose mirtazapine then had serotonin syndrome again, went onto zopiclone, high doses was even worse, so stopped them, they so bad I won't touch one ever again and went back on valium yet again
I am not a physician, but I do work in the healthcare field (medical laboratory technologist), and I've been on one benzodiazepine or another since I was 21, and I turn 40 in July. It started at 21 (2003) with a prescription for 15 mg oxazepam. But I already was a full-fledged heroin addict, and had already used benzos including alprazolam, diazepam and temazepam at that point, albeit at lower end doses (15 mg temazepam was my preference to enhance my opiate buzz, or 30 mg of temazepam alone to experience a nice benzo state, so my tolerance was low, and I used benzos sporadically as I had no script and acquired them on the streets).

Anyway, the 15 mg oxazepam BID was useless. So I asked him for temazepam instead, but he declined, instead gave me 0.25 mg alprazolam BID. Eventually it went up to 0.5 mg TID. Then he switched me over to 10 mg diazepam BID. I eventually just said I don't want to take them more than once, so I can get 30 mg temazepam for bedtime. After a year of 10 mg diazepam BID, I was switched to 30 mg temazepam once at bedtime. During the whole period I'd supplement with other downers - including designer benzodiazepine/thienodiazepine/thienotriazolodiazepine there was, carbamates (including phenprobamate, tybamate), methylmethaqualone, etaqualone, secobarbital, barbital, phenobarbital, butalbital, and various other more obscure downers. So I've been using all kinds of benzos, barbiturates, and other sedatives for 19 years out of the 40 years I've existed. I told my doctor that he'll have to put me in a medically induced coma to get off this stuff. I tried twice in 2020, just before the pandemic blew up - and both times, I ended up in the emergency room. I did manage to stop for two years (2016 and 2017). The first 6 months I was depressed, but after that I felt better than I had ever felt.

I am not a physician, but I do work in the healthcare field (medical laboratory technologist), and I've been on one benzodiazepine or another since I was 21, and I turn 40 in July. It started at 21 (2003) with a prescription for 15 mg oxazepam. But I already was a full-fledged heroin addict, and had already used benzos including alprazolam, diazepam and temazepam at that point, albeit at lower end doses (15 mg temazepam was my preference to enhance my opiate buzz, or 30 mg of temazepam alone to experience a nice benzo state, so my tolerance was low, and I used benzos sporadically as I had no script and acquired them on the streets).

Anyway, the 15 mg oxazepam BID was useless. So I asked him for temazepam instead, but he declined, instead gave me 0.25 mg alprazolam BID. Eventually it went up to 0.5 mg TID. Then he switched me over to 10 mg diazepam BID. I eventually just said I don't want to take them more than once, so I can get 30 mg temazepam for bedtime. After a year of 10 mg diazepam BID, I was switched to 30 mg temazepam once at bedtime. During the whole period I'd supplement with other downers - including designer benzodiazepine/thienodiazepine/thienotriazolodiazepine there was, carbamates (including phenprobamate, tybamate), methylmethaqualone, etaqualone, secobarbital, barbital, phenobarbital, butalbital, and various other more obscure downers. So I've been using all kinds of benzos, barbiturates, and other sedatives for 19 years out of the 40 years I've existed. I told my doctor that he'll have to put me in a medically induced coma to get off this stuff. I tried twice in 2020, just before the pandemic blew up - and both times, I ended up in the emergency room. I did manage to stop for two years (2016 and 2017). The first 6 months I was depressed, but after that I felt better than I had ever felt.
So you basically been using benzos for all your adult life. I am close to your age, but didn't get addicted to benzos until about 3 years ago. I can only imagine battling a benzo addiction for that long. TBO tho, it's not really that hard to imagine being I have had a life long battle with opoids/opiates, and I know exactly what it feels like to be addicted to benzos.
I was always inclined in to do downers myself, but I guess the only reason I didn't get addicted earlier in life was purely due to availability. Once I got a steady connection on xanax the monkey was on my back.

Last year they turned on me. I've had one side effect after another the last six months.
I'm almost 5 days removed from benzos and can only hope the lion share of these sides go away.
A few have already, and for this gift I feel blessed.
You say you quit for two years? If you get the time I would be very curious how you did it and how long the worst of the wds last ( brief description would be fine).
That and did you have any major sides from the medicine while you were in regular use?
I thank you in advance if you happen to get the chance to reply.✌️

7 - 80's every morning? o_O...Ouch, dude. I know that one hurt.
Worst acute wds I have had was probably from banging opana.
Anything with that short of a half life hurts bad up front. That first day or so is bruutalll.
Methadone wds at peak got there too, but it took it a couple days or so to really set in.
But given the choice I guess I would for sure rather get hit by a 50,000 pound Mack truck than a 100 car locomotive that runs over you one 30- ton car at a time 🥺😛

Good analogy there re the locomotive & car pal 👍🏻 Yeah a lotta folk don't believe me when I say the amount I was taking but it was simply due to the build-up of tolerance. Like I said in my post I went bk to H for a while then switched to DHC & tapered off that. Was one of the darker periods of my life 😞

Can't discuss prices here but they weren't overly expensive when I started taking em but expensive enough to put a huge dent in my bank account over time & then just after I quit they skyrocketed in price. I can still get em if I wanted but wouldn't pay what folk are asking for em now so prob not a bad thing

Just to note Xanax is aprazolam not diazepam (valium).

Xanax I agree has some more recreational potential than diazepam. I read on here recently it also agonized a dopamine receptor so that's always nice.
May be..it's just hit fast and hard.,but shorter

So I've been using all kinds of benzos, barbiturates, and other sedatives for 19 years out of the 40 years I've existed. I told my doctor that he'll have to put me in a medically induced coma to get off this stuff. I tried twice in 2020, just before the pandemic blew up - and both times, I ended up in the emergency room. I did manage to stop for two years (2016 and 2017). The first 6 months I was depressed, but after that I felt better than I had ever felt

I was a heroin addict aged 17-21 got off with methodone, not touched it since, when I was on heroin that's all I done, then I stopped and was clean I'm 42 now and 6 years ago my pill addiction started, and like you any downers I could buy, we don't get don't really get oxy in the UK, it's rare it's very hard to get but I have tried it liked it, and oramoroth, oxynorm, so many different benzos, tapentadol, carisoprodol, tafrodol, zomorph, zapain, codiene, lost count of others

I just need off vallies as I've stopped everything else, but hearing you say you felt better after 6 months makes me feel a bit better as everything else I read says 2 years, I've suffered depression before, I don't think I can do it again, I wanted to fucking kill myself but I couldn't as I have a 19 year old son, I gave up heroin to have a baby, thought I was infertile from being on heroin as took so long to get pregnant, I couldn't kill myself and do that to him, that would fuck his life up, and my parents, and my pets that only I know how to care of as my Tegu has issues, my cockatiels are feathered assholes that I was only meant to look after till I found a home for them but I couldn't give them up as they're sweet too, just so loud and needy and my cats on meds and I know how and when he needs them, and what will happen to them all if I did that, I actually don't want to die but when I get depressed I think I'd rather be dead that live like that

Disagree entirely... methadone is the shit, might be my favorite opioid.

Interesting how we're all affected so differently. We have people saying temazepam isn't euphoric at all, and others saying it's the most euphoric.
I wouldn't say methadone is "the shit", but it definitely helped me at a time in my life when I needed its help.

What I will say is methadone wds are the shits for sure. To date, still the worse wds of my life.
I wouldn't go back on methadone for a million dollars, and I genuinely mean that.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, no doubt about the withdrawals. I guess we all have our preferences, but for me, methadone, when not used to it, at 60mg is extremely euphoric, feels fucking awesome in the body, and lasts for ages, the duration is one of the reasons I love it, I'll be blissfully high for a solid 24 hours. I don't IV, so that's probably part of the reason why, I'm sure it can't compare at all to IV dope. But I prefer it to snorted heroin and basically any other opioid.

Oh yeah, no doubt about the withdrawals. I guess we all have our preferences, but for me, methadone, when not used to it, at 60mg is extremely euphoric, feels fucking awesome in the body, and lasts for ages, the duration is one of the reasons I love it, I'll be blissfully high for a solid 24 hours. I don't IV, so that's probably part of the reason why, I'm sure it can't compare at all to IV dope. But I prefer it to snorted heroin and basically any other opioid.
I can see that. Methadone always works really good for the first couple months and then it will drop you right on your ass. I mean you will still get the pick me up after you dose in the morning but you ain't getting high after a couple months unless you doing stupid amounts or mixing benzos.
I do like the general buzz of methadone way better than subs.
Subs most definitely easier to come off tho.
Methadone wds raped my body and soul for weeks with very few cigarette breaks.

Disagree entirely... methadone is the shit, might be my favorite opioid.

Interesting how we're all affected so differently. We have people saying temazepam isn't euphoric at all, and others saying it's the most euphoric.
It's interesting that everyone realizes we're all unique individuals but everybody who has a good or bad drug experience expects everyone else to have that exact same experience....
You know I LOVE benzos but my least favorite that I've tried is actually Temazepam....didn't even help me sleep very well (which is what I got the script for....in fact it was my first benxo ever!).
Drugs affect everyone potentially similarly but never exactly in the same precise way.