• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Temazepam, nitrazepam, triazolam, and estazolam... The hypnotic purposed benzodiazepines.

Short-acting - triazolam, temazepam, lormetazepam, oxazepam, midazolam
Short to intermediate acting - nimetazepam, lorazepam, bromazepam, alprazolam, tetrazepam, clonazolam
Intermediate-acting - nitrazepam, clonazepam, clobazam, estazolam, flubromazolam, diclazepam
Intermediate to long - flunitrazepam, cloxazolam, flutoprazepam, fludiazepam
Long-acting - diazepam, flurazepam, halazepam, ketazolam, medazepam, chlordiazepoxide
Surely clonazepam would be considered long acting as the effects last longer than diazepam & it has a similar half-life?

According to numerous studies over the years, alprazolam was found to have no euphoric effect and that both healthy subjects and former alcoholics preferred diazepam to alprazolam unanimously (double-blind study; Griffith et al. 1984a and 1984b; Orzack et al. 1988 ). Prazepam and diazepam both rated higher in subjective "drug-liking" and "euphoria" compared to alprazolam, oxazepam, halazepam, flurazepam, and lorazepam. Triazolam and temazepam were rated higher than diazepam and prazepam. Pentobarbital>methaqualone>triazolam>temazepam>diazepam>prazepam>lorazepam>flurazepam>alprazolam>oxazepam>halazepam.

Interesting thanks. I guess I disagree with drunks and "healthy subjects" on valium. I like alprazolam better. Etiz and temaz are the top though for me.

Don't really have a favourite tbh, it all depends on my mood I guess but for sleeping deffo nitrazepam. Tapering my benzos atm so apart frm the odd day of 30 - 35mg diaz I can't really take any benzos for a buzz

^I don't think that it has much of a purpose. Klonopin is long-acting and tbh is usually held as superior to other long-acting benzos as far as therapeutic effects go. The z drugs and temazepam are good for sleep too and aren't so long acting if for whatever reason one can't tolerate meds with a long half-life. But flurazepam is a hypnotic with some seriously long half-life. So basically by two standards that one might be looking into it, there are better choices. At least that' my understanding. Might be wrong.
I just remembered fluraz cause there was a famous killer granny that used dalmane to kill her víctims but yeah I think they stopped prescribing it years ago. It's all about ativan, klonopin, Xanax and vaĺium these days.

I just remembered fluraz cause there was a famous killer granny that used dalmane to kill her víctims but yeah I think they stopped prescribing it years ago. It's all about ativan, klonopin, Xanax and vaĺium these days.
It's weird where I live. 10-20 years ago it took an act of Congress to get a script of benzos.
Now, for about a $100 you can get 3 months worth and they don't even test you but once-twice a year. It's alarmingly too easy.
I fear there is going to be a backlash something similar to this opioid epidemic.
IMO, it's just a matter of time.

It's weird where I live. 10-20 years ago it took an act of Congress to get a script of benzos.
Now, for about a $100 you can get 3 months worth and they don't even test you but once-twice a year. It's alarmingly too easy.
I fear there is going to be a backlash something similar to this opioid epidemic.
IMO, it's just a matter of time.
15 years ago when the opioid epidémic began. My God......Florida was friggin paradise, u could go with 500-1000 bux without having any ailments and come out of the Drs. Office with 240 30mgs roxies 90 Xanax bars and 90 somas

15 years ago when the opioid epidémic began. My God......Florida was friggin paradise, u could go with 500-1000 bux without having any ailments and come out of the Drs. Office with 240 30mgs roxies 90 Xanax bars and 90 somas
Yeah, I remember the pill mill days. I lived in Florida for 2-3 years.
MRI's done in small trailers:laughing:
Ha, fun times.......But as the old saying goes, what goes up must come down:sneaky:

Yeah, I remember the pill mill days. I lived in Florida for 2-3 years.
MRI's done in small trailers:laughing:
Ha, fun times.......But as the old saying goes, what goes up must come down:sneaky:
Mariana van zeller and her INfamous documentary: "The Oxycontin Express" exposed the whole world too xd then fentanyl struck in 2013.....the guy who had the brillant fkn idea to lace heroin with god dang fent has a VIP ticket to HELL. Along with the Sacklers.

the guy who had the brillant fkn idea to lace heroin with god dang fent has a VIP ticket to HELL. Along with the Sacklers.
For many reasons, too. Ruined heroin, killed hundreds of thousands, and putting that damn fent in every dam thing. They even spiking weed ffs...smh.
Evil bastards.

For many reasons, too. Ruined heroin, killed hundreds of thousands, and putting that damn fent in every dam thing. They even spiking weed ffs...smh.
Evil bastards.
They have to lrgalizr for fucks sake. MDMA Acid 2cb mescaline at a shop. Would b so cool

Yes, I know of her story in detail. She actually used flurazepam (Dalmane), as you mention, but she also used triazolam (Halcion) and temazepam (Restoril).

Jeffrey Dahmer had a regular, monthly prescription for temazepam 30 mg from 1988 to 1990. In February 1991, his psychiatrist switched him to triazolam 0.5 mg, which Jeffrey regretted because he believes that he got busted due to the ultra short-acting Halcion, which wasn't rendering his victims out for long enough.

Yes, I know of her story in detail. She actually used flurazepam (Dalmane), as you mention, but she also used triazolam (Halcion) and temazepam (Restoril).

Jeffrey Dahmer had a regular, monthly prescription for temazepam 30 mg from 1988 to 1990. In February 1991, his psychiatrist switched him to triazolam 0.5 mg, which Jeffrey regretted because he believes that he got busted due to the ultra short-acting Halcion, which wasn't rendering his victims out for long enough.
Yes!! That granny xD I saw her on an episode of a&e I think when I was like 13 haha

Interesting to switch a patient to Halcion in the Year of our Lord of Max Triazo-Panic, 1991 AD, only to throw off his sedative/hypnotic-serialkilling game in the process—thereby bringing even more infamy down upon Hapless Half-milligram Hal. . .

Mariana van zeller and her INfamous documentary: "The Oxycontin Express" exposed the whole world too xd then fentanyl struck in 2013.....the guy who had the brillant fkn idea to lace heroin with god dang fent has a VIP ticket to HELL. Along with the Sacklers.
I bet you it was some Chinese operative who brought that synthetic trash to Canada and the United States. I believe there's an agenda here (just as there was with the start of the so-called "crack epidemic" that "officially began in early 1984" - the agenda behind the crack epidemic was to take an already highly addictive drug, cocaine, and make it even more reinforcing and to take black men out of their homes and into prisons, destroying millions of African-American lives and leaving black women without husbands, brothers, uncles, fathers, cousins, etc.

I will be 40 years old this July. I've been addicted to opioids since I was 15yrs old (1997) and it all began with codeine. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, morphine and hydromorphone were the most sought after pharmaceuticals by virtually all IV users, meanwhile propoxyphene (Darvocet - now off the market), codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone were the preferred opioids amongst oral and/or intranasal users. By the late 2000s, OxyContin was the most popular pharmaceuticals amongst those who didn't IV opioids, while morphine/heroin and hydromorphone remain the preferred choice amongst IV users.

Last edited:
Interesting to switch a patient to Halcion in the Year of our Lord of Max Triazo-Panic, 1991 AD, only to throw off his sedative/hypnotic-serialkilling game in the process—thereby bringing even more infamy down upon Hapless Half-milligram Hal. .
Well, temazepam and triazolam were the two most widely prescribed short-acting hypnotics for insomnia back in the 80s ad early 90s. Flurazepam was first line, but patients often complained about its hangover effect. There were no "z-drugs" back then. But Dahmer was using temazepam 30 mg for two years (1988-1991). He was switched to triazolam in Feb '91 and got busted July '91. He eventually said that the triazolam wasn't keeping them asleep for as long as the temazepam, leading to his last victim waking up and running out of Dahmer's apartment and waving down police which led to his arrest.

I bet you it was some Chinese operative who brought that synthetic trash to Canada and the United States. I believe there's an agenda here (just as there was with the start of the so-called "crack epidemic" that "officially began in early 1984" - the agenda behind the crack epidemic was to take an already highly addictive drug, cocaine, and make it even more reinforcing and to take black men out of their homes and into prisons, destroying millions of African-American lives and leaving black women without husbands, brothers, uncles, fathers, cousins, etc. i

I will be 40 years old this July. I've been addicted to opioids since I was 15yrs old (1997) and it all began with codeine. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, morphine and hydromorphone were the most sought after pharmaceuticals by virtually all IV users, meanwhile propoxyphene (Darvocet - now off the market), codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone were the preferred opioids amongst oral and/or intranasal users. By the late 2000s, OxyContin was the most popular pharmaceuticals amongst those who didn't IV opioids, while morphine/heroin and hydromorphone remain the preferred choice amongst IV users.
Wow bro,
Haha I think exactly the same as u, the fent trash was made up 1000% just like the crack epidemic. I was 15 years old when I tried codeine (2009) lol, and that became a long lasting relationship with opiates til I fell in love with morphine iv'd.
I was Oxycontins bitch for the last cpl years before they changed the fórmula, I still miss the magic of those pills.

Wow bro,
Haha I think exactly the same as u, the fent trash was made up 1000% just like the crack epidemic. I was 15 years old when I tried codeine (2009) lol, and that became a long lasting relationship with opiates til I fell in love with morphine iv'd.
I was Oxycontins bitch for the last cpl years before they changed the fórmula, I still miss the magic of those pills.
With that many years of experience with opioids, I can tell the difference between synthetics and the natural opium alkaloids, morphine ester salts (which include heroin, desomorphine, nicomorphine), and semi-synthetics (hydrocodone/oxycodone, hydromorphone/oxymorphone). The synthetics suck. The only synthetic that actually feels similar to true opioids, is/was IV meperidine/pethidine (Demerol). Fentanyl and its analogues are shit.

With that many years of experience with opioids, I can tell the difference between synthetics and the natural opium alkaloids, morphine ester salts (which include heroin, desomorphine, nicomorphine), and semi-synthetics (hydrocodone/oxycodone, hydromorphone/oxymorphone). The synthetics suck. The only synthetic that actually feels similar to true opioids, is/was IV meperidine/pethidine (Demerol). Fentanyl and its analogues are shit.
Lol , I've tried meperidine once. It looks like a milk. Didn't do much to me cuz my tolerance to morphine was massive. But for me nothing beats morphine(IV), that's the true dreamy opiate experience. Long legs, massive euphoria and for a bit, the world seems like a better place.

I had an estazolam script once, took it for about a year and a half (only at night, and alprazolam during the day).Sort of feels like alprazolam but with just alprazolam's hypnotic effects isolated.

For me there are two types of benzodiazepine euphoria, the first type being a sort of cognitive euphoria from derived from the stimulating, hypomanic effects of certain benzos (like alprazolam and etizolam) and the second type being physical euphoria from the dreamy, relaxing effects (as produced by benzos like temazepam, midazolam, flubromazolam etc).

Very rarely does any one benzo do both of these things well. For instance, while alprazolam can clearly have strong sedative- hypnotic at high doses, it does so in a much colder and less physically euphoric fashion than say temazepam. Yet at the same time, while temazepam has a much more physically enjoyable feel to it, it is unable to (at any dose, high or low) replicate the motivating and anti-depressant-like effects of alprazolam.

The only synthetic that actually feels similar to true opioids, is/was IV meperidine/pethidine (Demerol). Fentanyl and its analogues are shit.
I always liked clean high grade heroin myself, but as far a clean feeling synthetic ( actually think it might be semi-synthetic) I personally fancied Dilaudid (hydromorphone hydrochloride).
Agree fent is garbage. I never took the crap they have out now, but I have done back when they the patches were big.

Last edited: