Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

The Lost Boys. :)

tumblr_lm4pnxNIyn1qacnfuo1_500.gif

Hobo with a Shotgun

i watched it drunk, with friends, and with the right attitude--and it still didn't do it for me.
I had to switch that one off after 15 minutes.

Same with Sucker Punch, the hot blond didn't end up getting fucked within half an hour and it was seriously getting daft at that point so switched it off.

406531.jpg

London Boulevard is worth a watch if you like 'film noir'.

Last edited:
Somewhere

the beginning was bad, the middle was good, the end was boring.

elle wore a different cute dress for just about every shot. that was a plus.

very much in the style of Lost in Translation, but falls significantly short of.

ending on the shot of them at the pool (where the camera is pulling back) would have helped big time. we understood the situation. the rest of the story was implied. he only gets one more day with her, and vice versa. after that, they are sad. yup.

Last edited:
Corpse Bride

the animation was very cool, of course.

the movie as a whole was alright. but amy, the corpse bride, was an outstanding character. or i really liked her. she was all of it.

Last edited:
TheTrollHunter2010.jpeg

The Troll Hunter

A very cool take on the whole Cloverfield, Blair Witch type of movie, and much more interesting than either of those two. Good balance of curiosity, suspense, and action, with a very character-driven plot. A great watch for anyone who enjoys the supernatural.

^ I'm really hanging out to catch that one! I think it's going straight-to-DVD in Australia though :(

405px-Imaginary_Heroes_%28poster%29.jpg

Imaginary Heroes

<3 this movie. Phenomenal cast. Excellent acting by all. Interesting story line. :D

Cedar Rapids

was reasonably funny and fine entertainment for a plane ride. the dialogue was severly edited though.

Cyrus

was worth watching. i really, really like marisa tomei.

^Agreed! She is so under-rated as an Actress, pity she always plays 'pretty roles' /romantic roles... its the big, sad, Do eye's, I think, that get her signed up to these parts...I liked 'Cyrus' not hilarious by any means but an interesting comedy inducing spurts of laughter and then going : ''wtf ? Is this going to be funny or what?'', in between those spurts.
I'm a sucker for Jonah hill too, he just has this deadpan face with a mischevious glint in his eyes and this he was perfect in that character 'mind-fucking' John C Reilly's charcter.:)

Just got back from the third Transformers. It is nothing more and nothing less than a typical Michael Bay film: hot women, big guns, explosions, and cardboard characters, not necessarily in that order.

^did you ever watch MacGyver as a kid?
Found it that little bit funnier when you see a bit of the parody intended.

^was one of my favorite shows. have not seen it since I was a little kid though.

i guess it is a regular snl skit too, which i have not seen. dont know how much that would have added to it.

The Runaways.

I had heaps of paperwork to do which was due in today and I needed something familiar to keep me company whilst I did it.

Winter's Bone - my only complaint is that the dialogue was so quiet and the accents so thick, we had to listen to scenes several times. otherwise, i loved it though some scenes, as a woman, i found tough.

prior to that:

stone_movie_poster_deniro.jpg

sure, Edward Norton can be a convincing neo-nazi, but not so much a corn-rowed hoodlum. there were a lot of religious undertones and i felt a bigger religious message, which i really didn't get. :\