Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

the-dudesons-movie-original.jpg

Iono.. something bout these damaged Finns, yo

51P24AAS71L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been hearing about Waking Life for years, but I never got around to seeing it until yesterday. Excellent, excellent film.

^what did you think of it?

At the beginning I thought 'shit, watching this is going to be a dry, pointless endeavour' I thought it was going to be some uninspiring 'art' film but no, I found it really intriguing; humourous, tragic, bizarre- it really was a satire on the family as an institution-loved the way it had an air of stoicism mixed with the perverse and it managed to be tender and awkward at once -how did it do that? Was very genial. I was fighting to not like it but it won me over.

Have you seen it?

Last edited:
^ Also just landed on my list :)

I've not bothered with it on purpose numerous times but if yo usaw it's worth a shi I'll give iot a go.

Have you seen it?
mhmm. glad you liked it. i saw it when it was doing its film fest rounds. so at an arthouse theater at 12 at night. drunk & drinking audience. cheering and laughter at the more intense and violent parts. but i think that was appropriate. it is a shockfest film, just a very well done shockfest film. lightly guised under some social message, like they usually are.

but they are not usually executed with such style and care. i thought it was quality. extremely entertaining.

^ Also just landed on my list :)

I've not bothered with it on purpose numerous times but if yo usaw it's worth a shi I'll give iot a go.

You won't regret it. I had read a little about it before I saw it and picked it up on a whim. After I watched it, I immediately went on line and bought it on Amazon. I love it when movies rise way above my expectations because it so rarely happens.

kill-the-irishman-poster.jpg

I picked this one up last night from a RedBox. It was really good. The main actor, Ray Stevenson, was awesome in the role of Danny Greene. It's based on a true story and it was nice to see a mob movie that didn't involve stereotypical characters.

Danny Greene was a decent man who didn't drink or do drugs. If you crossed him though, he'd bitch slap the shit out of you. If he did, you got off lucky. That's what I loved about Ray Stevenson's role. He was a fearless bad ass, but he was never over the top with his acting. He owned that movie.

AmorRoark said:
+1. I honestly cannot stand him.
Yea I can't stand him either. He isn't at all funny. A comedian getting by on his looks (though that's kind of funny when you think about it).

Have you actually seen his stand-up routines?? He is fucking hilarious! It is very British humour though...