Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Techno Lovers Part 3

ahem.
FUCK
my normally reliable record store has failed me.
no drumcode 21.5. none at all. evidently ordered through 2 different distributors, but neither has come through, and neither will.
only other store that carries techno here in perth is centrals. and they have no copies either.
FUCK
a visit to various online stores, none that i trust have it in stock anymore. place an order at one i've never used before, but at this time no confirmation that they've got it in stock anymore - its listed, but that doesn't mean much.
FUCK
so basically this is a request for some help
smile.gif
if one of you kind natured (HA!
smile.gif
) souls living in melbourne happens to spot a copy in a store and you don't want it yourself, and you can spare the time and effort to help, i would massively appreciate you buying a copy and sending it on over. obviously i'll fully re-imburse for all expenses, and a little extra for the effort....
in slightly happier news, new tunes:
chris liebing - clau 4 - schranz!!!
mhonolink - mhonday (zync) - funky
headroom - electric ladyland (compound) - oh my!
the advent - uncut ep (neue heimat) - nice
slut peddlers - punish 10 - face down, ass up
over and out...

aksen: u are starting to become a very good techno lover indeed hehe
thats wat i like to see
wink.gif

i will go vinyl shopping tomorrow and tell u all wat happens hehe
wink.gif

*** I dont like clau 4 that much, i think chris liebings newey is more exciting
wink.gif

DJ BOSS - AVASTOR
ALEX KATZ - DARK DECADE
*then u wonder why hard techno will take over the world
check that crazy shit out
wink.gif

Well personally, I think Drumcode 21.5 is some of the nastiest hard techno I've heard in a while. I don't have any idea who the Time remixes are done by, anyone have any idea?
And seeing as the year is almost over, what's everyone's thoughts on the best EP released this year. I can't vote for 1, but I'll put a few of my fave's down.
1) Turntribalism - Ade Fenton
2) Drumcode 20.5 remixes
3) Rowland The Bastard - Had It With Blondes
I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. Also chuck in Minus Orange, I don't think I could ever get sick of that track!

mr audio: cheers man, i'll owe you big time
smile.gif

and yeah, the liebing one on horspiel does sound niiiice. should be getting it soon.
tunes of the year? aren't we a month early?
wink.gif
rough quick list off the top of my head:
drumcode 20.5
psilocybin - steroids remixes (federation of drums)
kay d smith & alex katz - level 5 (reload)
BBS - joyride remixes (r&s)
cristian varela - session 005
redhead - holy material (skunkworks)
speedy j - electric deluxe (plus 8)
thomas krome - shockabuku (corb)
that list will undoubtedly change
smile.gif

BRETT: i was told a few days ago by a good friend who i respect
wink.gif
about who the remixes of 21.5 were:
Thomas Krome rmx
&
Gaetek rmx
fuck they are 2 EXCELLENT HARD TECHNO REMIXZ
alex katz rocks
check out DJ BOSS for some hard fucking techno aswell
wink.gif

BRETT: i was told a few days ago by a good friend who i respect
wink.gif
about who the remixes of 21.5 were:
Thomas Krome rmx
&
Gaetek rmx
fuck they are 2 EXCELLENT HARD TECHNO REMIXZ
alex katz rocks
check out DJ BOSS for some hard fucking techno aswell
wink.gif

aksen: I'm not sure if you've checked out Juno (http://www.juno.co.uk/) but they supposedly still have copies in stock. The only thing is, it hides. They quote the producer as being "The Time" rather than god, I mean Adam Beyer.
--extract from juno--
TIME, The: The Time (Drumcode) (ASF) (MP3) (Released 27-11-00)
12": (DC 21.5) [4.99] - add
--end--
Assuming Mr_audio didn't find you a copy on his travels (doubt it as I couldn't see any copies last time I went shopping) then give the above a try.
smile.gif

brett: ah thanks man
smile.gif
juno was the first place i checked, but when i did a search i only tried beyer, not drumcode or time which would've caught it. now hoping they haven't sold out since that was updated last.
mr audio: if you've already "procurred" a copy, and don't know anyone else who wants it, i'll still take it off your hands. sure i can find someone here who wants it
smile.gif

juno has one of the best catalogues around
it is so wide
wink.gif

i was look there first too when i cant find something
wink.gif

i checked billy nasty out at Logic
the nite was full of tech house, but nasty played some heavy tech house, very distorted
was nice indeed
wink.gif
anyone else check him?

Stuff to look out for:
*Kay D Smith - Platform EP
*Beatty/Shuffle - Shinjuku Mad
*G Force - New Day
*Hardcell - Mankind 09
*Headroom - Shaytan
*Player 69 - Im a Player (WEDAFUQAWI)
check all this mad shit out
wink.gif

Stuff to look out for:
*Kay D Smith - Platform EP
*Beatty/Shuffle - Shinjuku Mad
*G Force - New Day
*Hardcell - Mankind 09
*Headroom - Shaytan
*Player 69 - Im a Player (WEDAFUQAWI)
check all this mad shit out
wink.gif

OR steal it all - whatever tickles ya fancy!
wink.gif

I'm sure Psyentist mentioned he had 2 copies of Drumcode 21...

all is good on the dc 21.5 front, juno have come through!
still haven't recovered from yesterday - billy nasty, space djz, lekebusch and hawtin all at one event. to say it rocked would be a gross understatement
wink.gif
pity the crowd was so poor by the time hawtin started (9pm), and then there was the dickhead who turned off the system dead on 11 when richie wanted to do a 909 solo to finish off (he gave him the finger which was good to see
smile.gif
). space djz didn't do a 4 deck head to head either, but rather two 1.5 hour sets, but they were still damn good. great weather, great er...other things, fucking awesome day
smile.gif

I will be checking those space djz out this friday nite at connected 2, cant wait
wink.gif

tribaltrancer: WEDAFUQAWI does rock doesnt it
wink.gif

aksen: have u seen ade fenton on dex b4??

mr audio, you're in for a treat. scratching, cutting, back spins, ripping through tunes, all from the harder end of the spectrum. one of them played the dominatrix sampling one from punish 4 ("this is misstress diana"
smile.gif
), first time i've heard that played out ever. hopefully you'll get a head to head set on 4 decks like they normally do, that would be fucking amazing.
haven't seen fenton, has he been to australia? probably visited melbourne and skipped perth like so many djs
frown.gif

question: has marco carola released anything recently??? been ages since i've seen something by him on the shelves. last thing i remember was...a remix for pressure funk on soma??? that was quite a while ago now.

hhmm i havent heard or seen anythin from carola as yet aswell
he has been under the shadows for a while
he might be working on something special i guess
wink.gif

well i dont think the space djz will disappoint who else has seen them?

Carola released a double pack not to long ago (around a month), the name escapes me currently but it was certainly available at Hardware.

hey hey,
The last Carola release you have in mind br(e)tt is the Design 1-5 re-release. These are the old classics, his first ever releases and yes I have them.....
smile.gif

there was also Zenit 4 and Ante Zenit 4 but that's about it. The Lord has just moved to London so that might be the reason for delay. I am still waiting with baited breath.
Aksen: I think the Pressure Funk remixes were by Beyer not Carola, I think???? DOn't quote me on that one tho'
wink.gif

Oh and I saw a line up for a party in Sweden that you all may wish to know about - this is a fucking ridiculous line-up:
Surgeon
Ben Sims (3 Decks)
Johan Bacto (3 decks)
Hardcell (Live)
Mhonolink (3 decks)
All I have to say is fucking hellbags.....
Count me in for this party
smile.gif

------------------
Carola's humblest servant
VaN d