TDS TDS social thread vs follow the yellow brick road

I am really enjoying the start to the footy season here. The small things like watching a game or someone smiling at me help make life worth sticking around for.

^ Manly supporter, ehhhh??!
I am obliged to follow Pathers.. Even though i am not too big of a footy fan.
It's my home town :)

It just took me *waaaaaaay* too long to figure out what footy was. Dumb American here. :eek:

soccer for all other Americans who don't understand. I am a cultured 'murican

Nope, footy is Rugby League or Rugby Union. Soccer is football to the brits. 'Murican football is Gridion.

Then we have AFL (Aussie Football League) which I don't think is played in any other country.

Last edited:
^ Manly supporter, ehhhh??!
I am obliged to follow Pathers.. Even though i am not too big of a footy fan.
It's my home town :)

I bleed maroon & white & one of the hardest things about living down here in Mexico is not being on the hill at Brooky especially on a Sunday arvo. Also AFL is called footy down here & after 3 years I am just starting to understand the game. I think the Panthers are a reasonable side who are struggling financially & need to have a 5 year plan in place. Backended contracts shit me to tears & the Panthers had way too many to cope. Expect them to finish around 10th this season & they may make the 8 if the gods are crazy.

Aussies have four codes of football for our foreign friends (soccer, Rugby League, Rugby Union & AFL) as winter sports.

I bleed maroon & white & one of the hardest things about living down here in Mexico is not being on the hill at Brooky especially on a Sunday arvo. Also AFL is called footy down here & after 3 years I am just starting to understand the game. I think the Panthers are a reasonable side who are struggling financially & need to have a 5 year plan in place. Backended contracts shit me to tears & the Panthers had way too many to cope. Expect them to finish around 10th this season & they may make the 8 if the gods are crazy.

Aussies have four codes of football for our foreign friends (soccer, Rugby League, Rugby Union & AFL) as winter sports.

You live in Mexico? Your location tag says Melbourne lol.

Nah I live in Melbourne Captain but us northern folk call it Mexico because it is very different down here compared to Sydney. Different lifestyle & alien football code that I am just getting to grips with :D.

Nah I live in Melbourne Captain but us northern folk call it Mexico because it is very different down here compared to Sydney. Different lifestyle & alien football code that I am just getting to grips with :D.

lol! =D I had no idea Melbourne was referred to as Mexico. Good times. %)

It was another OD. I am currently looking at a photo of him, myself and another friend that died a few years ago. <snip> Thanks for the thoughts CH
Yeah so found out today my friend actually killed himself. I'm sure some know what its like when one of your <snip> friends die, everyone just assumes <snip> and the rumours spread quick. <snip> I don't know what was going on in his head to actually go top himself. I feel for his family. I had a lot of <3 for the guy, although i fell out of contact with him <snip> recently. Its such a shame, however i think it was pretty selfish of him to do that, that is just my view. Dude knew better, he used to be cool.

Life goes on....theres no point in crying for those who don't want to be here. Theres also no point in fucking myself up over it. I did enough of that in the past, the whole "oh i feel so sad, i can use what ever <snip> i want now" thing. No more. Strength is an asset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oz: The Great and Powerful was awesome! I'm glad I saw it in 3D in the theater and I look forward to watching it again when it comes out on DVD. I'm a *huge* Wizard of Oz fan (my mother raised me to be :)) and I had doubts about this movie, but I ended up loving it.

hello,stranger!!!!(
I am backtracking a bit here,but for good reason. I MUST see OZ:The Great and Powerful... but if you remember(probably not bc I have been MIA for so long-but I spent the better part of 3 years in a bed bc my right knee collapsed from the shit repair job they did after my near fatal car accident in '06-So I haven't seen a play or musical or movie or concert or festival in almost 4 years-now that my knee replacement is healed and better than ever).
sorry-I digress,and often-My question is-what is the difference in Real 3D and IMA3D? the last movie I saw was in mid 06 when I got home from the hospital-i can;t remember the name of the flick but it sucked!
so I am seeing Eric Clapton again in 3 weeks and I plan on seeing a cpl films too-i figured i have earned it! lol-so I want to know what is the best format to see a film like "OZ".

suggestions,comments,ect...

Thanks.........................skillz <3

And yet you go for the sea eagles? 8)

I grew up on the northern beaches and I don't even back the sea eagles mate lol. It's kinda funny, heaps of people from the beaches dislike manly as a team.

And go the Swannies/Bloods, I used to support NRL, i'm not too into it these days, i prefer my AFL.

Yeah so found out today my friend actually killed himself. I'm sure some know what its like when one of your <snip> friends die, everyone just assumes <snip> and the rumours spread quick. <snip> I don't know what was going on in his head to actually go top himself. I feel for his family. I had a lot of <3 for the guy, although i fell out of contact with him <snip> recently. Its such a shame, however i think it was pretty selfish of him to do that, that is just my view. Dude knew better, he used to be cool.

Life goes on....theres no point in crying for those who don't want to be here. Theres also no point in fucking myself up over it. I did enough of that in the past, the whole "oh i feel so sad, i can use what ever <snip> i want now" thing. No more. Strength is an asset.

so sorry for your loss. I have lost more than I care to remember to drugs and drug related instances. Take solace in the fact that YOU got away-YOU got clean. and try to remember-if this is a "I just found out situation" that it could have been a fluke accident. I am not saying it is or it isn't-I have just lost friends who were not suicidal-they just calculated the wrong dose-or mixed 2 thing that do not play well together(like methadone and xanax-for example) or it could've been bad shit. it happens. it is good that you have gotten past the guilt of those you MUST leave behind when YOU choose to get clean. We are all responsible for ourselves.
again...sorry for your loss. and i am glad you are still with us!

MUCH peace and love.............................skillz <3

Last edited by a moderator:
so sorry for your loss. I have lost more than I care to remember to drugs and drug related instances. Take solace in the fact that YOU got away-YOU got clean. and try to remember-if this is a "I just found out situation" that it could have been a fluke accident. I am not saying it is or it isn't-I have just lost friends who were not suicidal-they just calculated the wrong dose-or mixed 2 thing that do not play well together(like methadone and xanax-for example) or it could've been bad shit. it happens. it is good that you have gotten past the guilt of those you MUST leave behind when YOU choose to get clean. We are all responsible for ourselves.
again...sorry for your loss. and i am glad you are still with us!

MUCH peace and love.............................skillz <3
Wow thanks for the thoughts, that was an awesome representation of the mentality behind it. So true, I have gotten away. I am actually reaping the benefits already and its only nearly like 2 months up (I don't really see the clean day as important, but i could go through my posts and easily find it).

We are all responsible for ourselves. That is my new philosophy or something very close to it. No more blaming other things/people/situations for my behaviour. I am taking ownership. That's what getting clean is all about.

You got the skillz 2 pay the billz ;)

Peace and love right back at you <3

Lol that's the first I have heard of this also!

Could just be me & my mates but my Sydney boys call me a "goddam Mexican cunt" now ;)

And yet you go for the sea eagles? 8)

I grew up on the northern beaches and I don't even back the sea eagles mate lol. It's kinda funny, heaps of people from the beaches dislike manly as a team.

And go the Swannies/Bloods, I used to support NRL, i'm not too into it these days, i prefer my AFL.

I grew up in the lovely little pocket between the North Shore & Northern Beaches & have supported Manly my whole life. Considering I spent 30 years in Sydney I could never betray the Eagles! Manly is the most hated team in the comp & I would not have it any other way :). Everyone expected me to support the Swans when I came down here but I am a Hawks man & could never support the Swans as they share colours with the Dragons who are sitting in their rightful place at the bottom of the ladder.

Sorry to hear about you losing a mate. I know how it feels all to well :(