• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tattoo planning time again. Opinons wanted.

parttime crackhead

Bluelighter
I always plan to get tattoos & never follow it through. Been thinking about it a lot recently & came up with a few ideas. Think I'm defo going to get one soon as I'm due a little bit of cash & might as well spent it on something I've been wanting for ages.

Ideas so far:

Number 1. This:
kxcSUMJ.jpg

With this written below it instead of WWHSTD
O5J00dW.jpg

Number 2: Some sort of combination of/inspired by, these random pictures. Someone thing with Memento Mori on it. Was thinking taking a few down to a tattoo artist & seeing what he could come up with (if that's even possible to do, I'm totally naive when it comes to tattoos)
x1K2GAk.jpg

OcvcP7E.jpg

dLQBZgq.jpg

^ Not that exact one in that place, but I like the writing & the meaning "Remember that you must die. Remember to live" Kind of along the same lines as 'Carpe Diem".
Vmt2LxL.jpg

^ Not keen on the black pattern around the skull
cUR3dRa.jpg

^ None of them specifically but just some sort of design inspired by them

Anyone got any input? Feel free to tell me they all would look shite haha, I don't mind. Also tryna think of ones that it would be easy to get more stuff added into, I fancy a full/half sleeve type thing eventually but could never afford that just now, so thought some of the memtto mori ones could easily have more things added in the future.

Thinking about getting the first one, the HST one, on my calf possibly. That should be reasonable cheap as well for a first one.

Any thought/advice would be greatly appreciated.

=D

Edit - Also, any got a rough idea of prices? I obviously want to done in a decent place but have no real clue how much they cost.

Last edited:
Don't get the top one, it's a really lame drawing, badly composed, will bug you for years to come.

What's your reasoning behind Memento Mori anyway? Anyone in particular or is that not a thing to share?

Yeah I agree 100% about the top one, you will hate it after a few month. The good thing about it is it would be pretty easy to cover (I think).

Me...This is the one I keep promising myself..
Angels_tattoo_165.jpg

Get one that so hip and now so it ill look even mopre ridicoulous when you'are 80.

omg.

please don't go ahead with it for ages yet, at least not until you've seen sense and abandoned 90% of thee above.

Give me some hope and tell me you're gonna be thinking/labouring over this one for at least a month yet? PLEASE?!

1 the glasses are too in yer face and out of balance with the overall tat. it's a shite design. You're not getting this one, I wont allow it <3

2 and 3 & 4 are okay .. nowt special but not 'wrong' per se

5. eh. hate hate hate it. so girly and meh .. hate it.

6 ... URGH! a tribal around a skull?! WTF NO, please no ... tribal shit is lame imo ... and it doesn't go with what you're trying to say or go with a skull either (eh, okay, just reread and saw that you hate it too .. thank holy fuck)

7 is girly as fuck too ... 'kin ell, even Becks wouldn't be seen dead in that shit, surely?

Last edited:
get a spiderweb tattoo on your face, it'll look awesome.

Or a 'Manson' - nice black swasticka on the forehead. I have two tats one I love which I designed my self a big orange and yellow sun and the other a stupid devil which i keep planning to have covered over with a better design.

Dont forget a tat is for life so make the right choice. BUt TBH they are a bit passe - tribal scarring is where its at man

Don't get the top one, it's a really lame drawing, badly composed, will bug you for years to come.

What's your reasoning behind Memento Mori anyway? Anyone in particular or is that not a thing to share?

omg.

please don't go ahead with it for ages yet, at least not until you've seen sense and abandoned 90% of thee above.

Give me some hope and tell me you're gonna be thinking/labouring over this one for at least a month yet? PLEASE?!

1 the glasses are too in yer face and out of balance with the overall tat. it's a shite design. You're not getting this one, I wont allow it <3

2 and 3 & 4 are okay .. nowt special but not 'wrong' per se

5. eh. hate hate hate it. so girly and meh .. hate it.

6 ... URGH! a tribal around a skull?! WTF NO, please no ... tribal shit is lame imo ... and it doesn't go with what you're trying to say or go with a skull either (eh, okay, just reread and saw that you hate it too .. thank holy fuck)

7 is girly as fuck too ... 'kin ell, even Becks wouldn't be seen dead in that shit, surely?

I wasn't planning on getting any of these specific tattoos. They are just inspiration & kind of similar to what I want. I was wanting to take them to a tattoo artist & get him to come up with something good based on these sort of styles.

Funnily enough the top one (the HST one) is the one I was most wanting to do directly I figured it;s quite a simple black outline, could easily be covered up in the future, but I do genuinely like it.

The tibal around the skull is a definite no-no. I don't like the tribal things. I want to take these to someone who knows what he's doing & say "MAKE ME A GOOD ONE!". These are just inspiration, with little bits I like about each one.

The "Memento Mori" think is just because I like what it means, and I feel tattoos should have some sort of meaning. That way the later-life regret is minmimized (ie, it might look like shite but it means something do me or meant something to do me at that time).

Can't beieved you've gunned down the top ones haha. I thought that was a good shout for a simple first tattoo :( With the writing below as well, not just the shades on there own.

Edit #7 wasn't serious. I wasn't planing getting that, just another example of a memento mori tat that a thought a good artist could incorporate somehow into a better over piece.

Last edited:
Seriously, the top one is an absolute visual crock of shit. Looks bad enough flat but on your body it would probably suddenly resemble Princess Anne or Ban Ki Moon or something and you'd end up having to explain it angrily to people for years to come. It looks like it was done by someone following their first Adobe Illustrator Youtube tutorial.

Thanks for gunning me down Jancrow. That's the one I had my heart set on as well. The rest were just thougts of other ones to get . Dick :| =D

Mememtori Mori for anyone that doesn't get it.
Ah, what was the question, oh yeah, Memento Mori
It means remember it's inevitable that we will all die
It sounds quite depressing when said so raw and direct
But it means don't hang yourself on a material life

1 & 2 are meant to the be the same tattoo by the way. The HST shades with "Too werid to live..." written below it. Plus I was going to get reasonable small on calf, out the road really.

Keep the ideas/abuse coming I'm enjoying the input. Hopefully get the ball rolling by the end of the month.

You'll thank me for it in years to come man, if that was on a mug you'd want it smashed after a month. It looks cheap as fuck.

At the risk of sounding like Crocodick Dundick, That's not an HST tattoo....

hunter%20web.jpg

gonzo.jpg

THAT's / THOSE ARE a / several HST tattoo /s

Although he looks a little like a mature chimpanzee in the top one.

I would just get the Hunter S/Steadman text, in that Ralph Steadman style, without the shitty Hunter S drawing.

get memento mori translated into english " remember man that you are dust and to dust you shall return"

or "ashes to ashes funk to funky we know major tom's a junkie"

What about a gert big set of works along the whole length of the arm squiting drops with the words 'smack is ace' in the barrel

Seriously, the top one is an absolute visual crock of shit. Looks bad enough flat but on your body it would probably suddenly resemble Princess Anne or Ban Ki Moon or something and you'd end up having to explain it angrily to people for years to come. It looks like it was done by someone following their first Adobe Illustrator Youtube tutorial.

Fucking LOL x 1000 =D

(and 100% correct) ...

and don't listen to Albion either ... the letters would look shite on their own too imo

I thought it was a spraypaint stencil, which would make it even more rubbish.

get an MDMA molecule or something that looks modern and different.

Choosing an image should be purely down to you man, the only suggestion I'd like to add to this thread, is make sure you go to the best artist you can, (whether that may mean paying more per hour than usual), and always check out the artists most current work beforehand.

Good luck! Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I would just get the Hunter S/Steadman text, in that Ralph Steadman style, without the shitty Hunter S drawing.

I like the shitty outline drawing, that was part of the appeal. Basic & simple. I'm into getting a full on portrait of the cunt on me.

Thanks for the fucking support Bluelight :|

Haha, tbh that's what I need. I can't stand people saying 'OH THAT LOOKS NICE!" when they really think "THAT LOOKS BRUTAL" I need people to tell me when my ideas are shit.

What about the Memento Mori stuff? That's another one I'm really into but can't find a design I'm totally happy with it. Hook up your artistic minds ya cunts (because mine it shit). I'll give you full credit if I go for one of your designs.

The real plan is the get the actual tattoo guy/bird to take a few of my ideas & make a better one out of it.

Choosing an image should be purely down to you man, the only suggestion I'd like to add to this thread, is make sure you go to the best artist you can, (whether that may mean paying more per hour than usual), and always check out the artists most current work beforehand.

Good luck! Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was just wanting opinons. I'll probably tell you all to get fucked & get something totally different anyway. Just tryna get ideas rather than a "should I or should I not get this tattoo". I already have an idea where I'm going to go, a few of my mates have absolute belters done from this same place so I know they can trusted.

Last edited:
Lol, it's just that if the tattoo artist fucks up when he/she is painting a face on your skin, all you can do is submit it to Ugliest Tattoos, and get it removed.

I think it's the words that have the symbolism when it comes to Hunter S Thompson. He was a writer, after all. Although he did look cool.