• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Sat 24th July - Metro - THE SUITABLE FEW (EP LAUNCH)

.jero - will be first on the list since it alphanumeric type deals always come first.

on that note .jero is actually doing the suitable ep artwork - so he also deserves to be on the top of the list.

up all night, the only reason your at the end of the list is - so you make sure no one runs away.

BURNS said:
hrmm..J5 or the suitable few?..

We figured people would ponder this...

Let's weigh it up?

Suitable few = $15 + FREE CD
J5 = $68.80 + Nothing to take home but your ticket stub (if you are lucky)

Suitable = 1, J5 = 0

Suitable Few = Aussie Hip Hop (Where are we from?)
J5 = American Hip Hop (Been there - done that)

Suitable = 2, J5 = 0

Suitable Few DEBUT EP LAUNCH
J5 - Just another show, what? They were out here 6 months ago?

Suitable = 3, J5 = 0

Suitable Few FRESH Crowd interaction, participation (in effect YOU make the show)
J5, Watch the same show performed 6 months ago (its like watching re-runs)

Suitable = 4, J5 = 0

Metro Transit Lounge (Small / Intimidate)
+ Cheap Drinks
+ After Party (With cheaper drinks)
+ Convenient transportation (to allow drinks)

Hordon Pavilion (Big / Non-personal)
+ Expensive Drinks (served in plastic cups)
+ No after party (none that you'd be invited to anyway)
+ run to central to catch last train (if your lucky)

+ 4 bonus points rewarded to suitable few (4 different reasons)

Suitable = 7, J5 = 0

I edwin will be at suitable few.
I edwin will NOT be at J5

Suitable = 8, J5 = 0

All in all its your choice, and this weighing system wasn't directed at you BURNS, I really don't care, either way if you come or not ;) BUT this was pointed out to everyone so they could be enlightened on what the wise choice is.

I could have booked the show the following week, but I know the boys are up for it and the long list of friends is there to support.

Muchoooo appreciation to you BL people, for your support to the band

Btw. i have seen J5 numerous times, and do not hate them - but they have gone stale on me, out with the old, in with the new - Its just Suitable.

edw1n said:

on that note .jero is actually doing the suitable ep artwork - so he also deserves to be on the top of the list.

yes
above adikkal of course =D

Well now that I have noticed this thread and the awesomeness of the venue I should be able to get there, especially because it is still over a month away giving heaps of time to book it in with my brain so I don't double book :)

So count me in :)

CB :)

Edwin, you are the greatest :)

I agree with all those reasons, funnily enough. Just as a little update for you all, the CD is finished and is sounding super fresh. I am itching to play again with the band as its been quite a while cos we've been recording. Still been busting rhymes with Balistik and we wrote a new track last nite, not sure whether we'll use it in Suitable or in our side project which is more on a straight up hip hop tip, Glee Club Sandwich.

Anyway, thanks for your support people! See you all on the 24th!

Adikkal

Hey I am so so so looking forward to this... !
yay !!!

Also maybe bringing someone

Taliana said:
are we there yet?

nearly !!!

things are shapping up, the ep's have arrived - the posters have arrived - the shirts are on their way.

we have the best door bitch possible!

we have 2 excellent sales personels (merch people) 1 of them being the renown for her work in sydney.

we have ummm , the band ....

AND FREE CDS FOR THE FIRST 100 THRU THE DOOR.

p.s keep checking back here for details about radio / street press publicity.

hehe isnt chantel doing merch? (ie my flatmate chantel?)

oh and BTW you guys need a new promo pic- you should get shanna to take band photos... she took some for Escape Route and they are WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 posts people - remember 50th post gets a free ticket!

Yes. Chantel is doing merch (with dom).

A suprise bl'r will be on the door. try and guess who?

Just got the shirts last nite and they are a rockin! so guys bring some cash - you get a free e.p if you come in early, so might aswell spend what you were gonna pay on a cd for a shirt ? (or more drinks)

1 week!

also:
As of today the track The Game Of Life by The Suitable Few will be able to be heard on FBI Radio (Sydney Only), so show your support and ring 8332 2999 to request The Game Of Life by The Suitable Few.

Also keep your ears tuned next week on Tuesday 20th @ 10.30 PM to catch FBI's Hip-Hop show Stolen Records which features an interview with Adikkal and Balistik.

we already know who the bluelight is- she's only been telling everyone and posting about it in her live journal ;)

Well yesterday i returned from my snowboarding adventure with a nice plaster souvenier on my right arm. Don't be fooled, snow is hard. Snow broke my wrist. Im still very psyched for the gig but my mic hand is all plastered so its going to be an interesting performace, hooray for injuries!
EEEK, ahh well.. 1 week to go :)

Adikkal

Adikkal said:
Well yesterday i returned from my snowboarding adventure with a nice plaster souvenier on my right arm. Don't be fooled, snow is hard. Snow broke my wrist. Im still very psyched for the gig but my mic hand is all plastered so its going to be an interesting performace, hooray for injuries!
EEEK, ahh well.. 1 week to go :)

Adikkal
i will be happy to come on stage to do hand gestures for you. i can practise in a week.