• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Syd - Two Tribes - REVIEWS

totally fucking awesome. prodigy rocked the place after initial difficulties. did anyone else see the mad guy climbing the roof, getting rescued by police rescue during prodigy? whathefuck was going on there...

What songs did The Prodigy play?

Anyone see Andy Farley and Ed Real?

Was Hawtin any good?

Did Jan Johnston play Skydive?

Tell me tell me tell me

Grandmaster Flash was the best thing ive seen for a long time.

Everything i saw was Meh

If someone tells you hip hop was created in the year 2000 you say bullsh*t, if someone tells you hip was created in the year 1990 you say bullshit, if someone tells you hip hop was created in 1980 you say Bullsh*t. HIP HOP was created in 1971

Hip hop was not created by an MC, a breakdancer or a graffeti artist, but by a.. DJ!!
- Grandmaster Flash

OH Shoutouts

first I really wanna apologise to Muzby and Pop and co. I sit too close to speakers, turn my music up too loud, I deadset cant hear anything when there is loud music. Sorry if you thought I was being rude. But yeah Im the quietest person at an event, and the loudest person when im outside.

It was really nice to meet you guys. Oh and the Canberra people, Sydney people and Blondie Girl :) (Same Apology Applies)

Leecie and Keej sorry I fucked off, but you people sat in the stands and thats wack shit

RaverChik nice to know u are still alive. :)

ok im done with shout outs.

Hi to the bluelighters I saw ;) You know who you are!!!!

Personally,I thought overall Two Tribes was shit.

Way too many sound problems in the main arena and some in other arenas.

Thought something might be up when Kid Kenobi was still DJing(sound problems during his set ) and The Prodigy started late,then the sound cut out during the first song :( .Then,The Prodigy didn't comeback on stage for approx. another 45 minutes.

So,I walked off,and went and danced to Bexta for a bit.At least I enjoyed her set and the sound was alot better.

When The Prodigy cameback on I stayed for a few songs.They sounded alright,a shame the music didn't sound just loud,it sounded distorted.

So,I then when checked out Grandmaster Flash.Of course,there were some sound problems at the start.NOT his fault,of course too.

Loved how he started and enjoyed his DJing and the tracks he played :).

I didn't like the fact,that ironically he said the DJ invented hip-hop and went on to talk/MC way too much during the set.If the DJ invented hip-hop,DJ more and talk less :p .

He also,had another guy DJ with him a bit.Didn't know who it was? Could anyone tell me????

Since I own so many of his records,I finally have seen the man Grandmaster Flash.

Mind you,as a DJ,DJ Jazzy Jeff kicks his ass(Saw DJ Jazzy Jeff at Home Nightclub in 2003 - Best hip-hop DJ set I've EVER seen :) ).

Mid Grandmaster Flash set, I went and saw a bit of Armand Van Helden back in the main arena.Sounds problems again and to my surprise I heard him fuck up three mixes.NOT good for an international :(

Finally,I saw Junior Sanchez in the Renaissance room.I didn't see the whole set,but played what I considered the best set of the night :).Great funky and progressive house set.No sound problems and flawless mixing.He even had Armand Van Helden behind the decks watching him mix.Had a bit of a dance and when this set finished I decided to leave.

PS: I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!! ,he,he,he,he................. .

Kid Kenobi and MC Sureshock rocked the main arena!

Then came the Prodigy...OMMMMMMGGGG

I was all the way at the front for the entire set. Never have I gone so hard at it before! I got to touch LeRoy aswell when he came up %)

Keith:
Image055.jpg

LeRoy:
Image056.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Wacky! And everyone else I met.

I thought a riot was going to start when the sound stuffed up. I got out of the main arena for a bit, then got back in time for the Prodigy to start again. They were good but it was more like a concert.

It was a good party. Music-wise it was different but could have been better. Still pretty good I reckon.

Too scattered to think right now. :|

FUCKIN BEST EVER

its now monday and my head is kinda clear

to all the blrs i caught up with... GOOD times...

to raverchik... ur a champ, i owe u 2 batteries...

prodigy were fuckin awesome... besides the hour delay, it was fuckin amazing...

AVH was just as good, doing a lot of the old grunge hits, Smells like teen spirit, lithium was so good... then MY MY MY. was just crazy...

i was basically wondered around for the rest of the night, caught up with D-B who was just loving it...

SO yeah... another year till the crazy madness happens again.

officer, were you the one in the wifebeater shirt? I soo can't remember :\

After 2 sleeps, one 8 hour sleep during the day yesterday, and another 8 hour sleep last night...MY EARS ARE STILL FUCKING RINGING FROM IT!

I have quite a few, but it was taken from my phone and didn't turn out well :(

Zandesh said:
I have quite a few, but it was taken from my phone and didn't turn out well :(

Hehehe...from those photos you posted, looks like ur hands are shaking like hell. The photos you post looks exactly like peaking visions...I LOVE IT.. hahahaa 8o

{Edit. Removed Drug References, be that past or present its against guidelines big time in Events}

Last edited by a moderator:
yes that was me in the wifebeater...

it was fuckin so hot in that place, till you went outside to chillout, were u froze to fuckin death...

i still liked the other place they had it at last year, much more room to chill out.

I had a pretty average night for a whole lot of reasons.

Prodigy were great once they started, but by that stage I was just too exhausted to really enjoy it.

All I heard of Armand van Helden was some very questionable mixing.

I ended up feeling pretty sick so didn't see much more than that. The Superdome certainly doesn't get my tick of approval as a venue.

Good to catch up with a few people I hadn't seen in awhile. Thanks for keeping me company when I wasn't feeling good <3

Cityrail can kiss my ass.

I had an ok night (sober mind you! wtf was going on??!!) I probably should have got their earlier or something. I just spent most of my time walking around looking for people and having little chats..

Prodigy were awesome!! (once they got on) I had expectations and they totally blow them away!! :)
Armand (as said above) was a bit of a let down, the oldies were good but I found it a bit disapointing.

...Was ** really really** Good to catch up with some people <3 and meet a few new ones (Refer to other thread later for more info ;) )

The night went really fast, too fast. It also re-confirmed my thoughts as to why I dont really like the superdome venue, too big and awquid :\

:)

Yeah but when Powerhouse put on all their events there it becomes a bit boring. I also don't like having to go all that way just to get outside, though having all the indoor space is nice when it's raining outside.

Fair enough, I've only been to 2 events there.

I don't mind walking that much, I usually amuse myself with all the other peeps off their heads.

showgrounds were better.

Security were fucktards. Yeah thats right... im too piss weak to say it to your faces!

yeah i agree with the above, IMO the superdome sucks for events, it is too big I think or everything just seems overdone. When I want rave I want dirty warehouse or somewhere i've never been before, last years two tribes in the showgrounds was great, running round off chops outside and having these nice areas to chillout in.
but I don't care I had a good time, but then again I guess it didn't really matter where I was candyflipping was great.
BL'ers you know who met me, I didn't say much and I blame that on the cid, so for anyone offended just letting you know that I become selfish on cid, If I don't want to talk then I won't make the effort :D
I vote a Melbourne meetup soon though as now im only living a few hours away