• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Swollen and contorted extremeties from mushrooms!

I turned grey once on shrooms, didnt know weather it was actually happeneing or not but i turned a horrible blue grey colour all over, freaked me out to say the least. Another time i seen once side of my friends face droop as if he was having a stroke then it went away a few seconds later! mushrooms seem to create pretty dramatic distortions when i take them.

Why would anyone dog someone for something they posted 5 years ago...maybe Is has learned something in all that time...probably not, but maybe.;)

I believe it's because I replied to rhythm in his recent peyote thread and he is now going to nurse a grudge against me for the next 10 years. It would be nice if all these people who claim to have "learned" from psychedelics were actually pleasant, forgiving guys wouldn't it.

It wasn't specified in the original post whether it was fresh or dry.

I believe it's because I replied to rhythm in his recent peyote thread and he is now going to nurse a grudge against me for the next 10 years. It would be nice if all these people who claim to have "learned" from psychedelics were actually pleasant, forgiving guys wouldn't it.

Yes it would! However many of the "lessons" learned from psychs tend, often, to be either fleeting or only used when it's convenient.

Dry... Who the fuck feels anything off 3.5 fresh? That's an absurdly tiny dose.

Damn, kinda fucking harsh huh Dold?...you're being tag-teamed Ismene.

I've never heard of anyone intentionally eating such a small dose. I think it's fair to assume if someone eats 3.5 g they're talking about dried.

I've never heard of anyone intentionally eating such a small dose. I think it's fair to assume if someone eats 3.5 g they're talking about dried.

.67g dried here. But it was the first time I tried shrooms, and the lowest I've ever dosed. It is, I think atypical. Drying the shrooms I've grown, they shrink down to ~9% by weight.

OP; I took some 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate on Friday night, first time I tripped in a while and I thought my toes were rippling and turning black before my eyes. The perception I had was exactly what you describe, except my feet were really black (dog chewed a hole in my shoe and I was wearing black socks which lightly dyed my toes black after having stepped in water at work). It wasn't unpleasant though, more in the line of 'wow, I can see my flesh rotting in real time'......which of course it wasn't.

Something may have happened to you, but I've never read about limited extremity convulsions while on mushrooms.

I tried to grow Penis Envy mushrooms, but all cakes were contaminated :( and just grew green mold.

Tom

It doesn't matter if it was dried tho dol. Look at the post in context. He was asking was it the dose of mushrooms that caused my extremities to explode in size. Now if he had been talking about a dose of 35g dried you could maybe say "Ok, that's going to cause physical problems". But 3.5g isn't really such an enormous dose is it to be causing massive physical problems is it?

It's like someone saying "I took 200mics of al-lad and had a massive heart attack and my brain stopped functioning". The dose isn't ringing any alarm bells. Y'follow?

Damn, kinda fucking harsh huh Dold?...you're being tag-teamed Ismene.

Tag-teamed by the enlightened boys. They experienced genuine enlightenment and now they're back to bully anyone who doesn't share their opinion on a drug board :)

Last edited:
Chill out peeps. :) No need to get personal about it.

I agree 3.5 grams is a very reasonable dosage that one wouldn't expect to cause physical problems. However I think people thought you meant that 3.5 grams is a very low dose, effects-wise, which is simply not true. Maybe for some, but for me, 3.5 grams is a powerful dose of mushrooms and if someone read the post and thought, "well I guess 3.5 grams is a low dose, I'll try 7 grams", that could be a bad thing. My first trip was a +4 and it was on 1.75 grams of mushrooms (possibly not cubes though as they looked different from other mushrooms I've had since).

I take your point X but the context is key. If this was a thread where a beginner was saying "Should I take 3.5g" I'd say take as small a dose as you can and work up if you feel comfortable. If the threads a question about whether or not 3.5g is a big enough dose to cause extreme physical deformation then I think pointing out 3.5g isn't that big a dose is ok.

What's a normal dose for that effect?

Usually, if I only want a single arm or only one leg it takes 4 to 5 grams.
Now if I'm wanting full contortion of all my limbs it takes a minimum of 12.375 grams, but I'm talking complete twisting of both arms and legs sometimes to the point of breaking bones.
Anything over 17.43 grams will cause arms and legs to snap, compound fractures at this dose are common.

If you combine 12.375g of mushrooms (dried) with 240mics of LSD your head explodes like on scanners.

One time I took Mushrooms and my bed was the size of a tennis court -FOR REAL-
(Until I Woke Up The Next Morning Sober)
:sus:

Was there any mold on the mushrooms? Or perhaps you had some sort of allergic reaction to the mushrooms? Or you had an allergic reaction to something else you ate, were around, or touched that day? Maybe you're allergic to the herb rooibos?

You originally posted this in 2009. Did you ever figure out what caused your allergic reaction?