Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Survivor

He's never won. The closest he got was in the final 2 of All Stars with Amber, who won and he married her.

I'd actually forgotten that two people got voted out last episode. Obviously it'll be a 3-way playoff, which should prove Matt's most difficult survival test yet, especially considering his competitors.

Oooh, okay--I thought he had won. Either way, he already has a million. :p

Yeah, this will be Matt's most difficult challenge yet. I wonder what they're going to have to do.

I think a lot of people right now would vote for Rob. He's already impressed people on the other tribe with his "genius" move last TC. He could get 5 votes right there. It's really a matter of getting 1-2 of his current tribe to vote for him, and to survive until the final 3. He was also smart enough to not tell anyone he has an idol, which is a bonus.

Frankly, his experience is showing. I don't see anyone being smart enough to beat him at this point. I just hope they go back to all new people next show - these repeat people have an unfair advantage. It's not that hard to find characters you can build the show around - hell, Phillip and Ralph could have their own sitcom.

Finally got caught up with the past couple weeks of Survivor and all I can say is "WOW!". Not too happy with the few who remain, but maybe the winner of RI will win the overall game.

Yeah, I just watched the latest episode last night.

I thought it was pretty uneventful really. Probably the dullest episode of the season so far.

But straight after I remembered about Ponderosa, and got myself up to date with that. Man, I love Ponderosa. I was a massive fan of Big Brother UK when it was still going and I liken Ponderosa to Big Brother, Survivor style. It doesn't look like happening, but oh how I wish Phil got voted off soon just to see him annoy the fark out of the others at Ponderosa.

I always wanted to see Russell go far, but he would've been prime viewing at Ponderosa in past seasons as well.

EDIT: One thing that looks increasingly clear: Rob is definitely worried about Matt making it back again.

I watched an episode of this the other day when i was visiting with the family, and man oh man has it changed since i remember it in season 1 and 2.

First off I remember in the old show alot of the time was spent showing people actually struggle to feed and shelter themselves. They would visably lose weight and actually be in a relitavely stressful situation.

Now i watch it and I swear it seems more like The Real World than Survivor. It seems they are extremely well fed, although you never see them eat unless its some type of reward. And it seems like they get tons of footage with people all alone monologuing into the camera with a beautiful backdrop about some contrived drama that happened that day, oh and the camera crew also happened to get a perfect shot of x person stealing something or saying something mean. Like they literally must have a camera crew there 24/7. Just seems really drama based compared to what i remember.

I hear ya, Care. It has really changed since the early seasons--Exactly why I quit watching it for so many years. Now when I watch it, I mainly do so for the physical challenges. I could not care less about the social drama in the game.

Still need to catch up on last week's episode. :p

Sorry, but if Survivor did not evolve, it would've been kicked off the air several seasons ago. There's only so many times you can watch people scrounge for food before it gets very old.

And you're wrong about them being well fed, or anything like that. You can catch Ponderosa on the CBS site or on YouTube (for non-Americans like me) after each player is outed from the game and you see them get weighed. They all lose serious amounts of weight. Steve's loss was dangerous, he lost nearly 40lbs during his 3 or so weeks there. His body looked sickening by the end of it.

It all still goes on. They just don't focus on it as much anymore because it'd be boring.

Sorry, but if Survivor did not evolve, it would've been kicked off the air several seasons ago. There's only so many times you can watch people scrounge for food before it gets very old.

And you're wrong about them being well fed, or anything like that. You can catch Ponderosa on the CBS site or on YouTube (for non-Americans like me) after each player is outed from the game and you see them get weighed. They all lose serious amounts of weight. Steve's loss was dangerous, he lost nearly 40lbs during his 3 or so weeks there. His body looked sickening by the end of it.

It all still goes on. They just don't focus on it as much anymore because it'd be boring.

Yea to be honest i only saw one episode and it was just my initial impression of it. However i do find the scrounging for food and actually surviving to be far more entertaining than obviously contrived drama, can you tell im not a fan of reality tv? :p

I can. I know these shows aren't for everyone, but i'm a complete sucker for them.

What'd you guys think of Rob winning?

I didn't like any of the contestants that got to the final three. 8)

I thought it was fantastic.

Rob was easily the best player this season and i'm so glad the jury didn't do the whole bitterness thing like has happened in too many seasons. They pretty much had no choice, they'd look ridiculous sending Phillip or Natalie out as winners.

And that undoubtedly estasblishes Rob as one of the best players ever, arguably the best.

Thought it was a good season and Redemption Island worked. Glad it's being retained for next season. Less sure about two former players coming back. On paper, Rob vs Russell was as big as you can get and it basically flopped. I do trust Survivor, they must be pretty sure it can work better, though I can't even begin to guess who the two might be.

Good point about the jury--I'm glad they didn't hold a grudge too.

Yeahhh, I'm not thrilled that they're going to again have two players return... Though I would like to see Jane (from the season before last) come back. :p

Bump. :p

Don't think there's a thread for the new season (search is only returning a result from 2003) annnnd I don't think there's enough interest in this show for it to have another thread dedicated to it. ;)

What do you guys think of the latest season so far? I just watched the last episode yesterday and all I can say is is that Cochran was SO STUPID for turning around and saying what he did at the end of tribal counsel. What was he thinking?! 8(

LOL, is this another pointless "bump"? Perhaps!

Anybody watching the latest season, the Philippines?

I don't particularly like the three previous contestants they've brought back, though I never saw the original seasons they were in (or perhaps I did and just don't remember them? Not like the show is highly memorable. ;)

Yes, this is an on-going time-waster show for me. Don't judge! Heh.

(Mods, think the title of the thread could be changed to either "Survivor" or "Survivor: <Insert Season>", or even "This Week on... Survivor"? Last one's what Jeff Probst says in the commercials, LOL, I'm sleep deprived--Don't mind me. Just don't want you guys to have to edit it every new season, you know? Thanks for reading my ramble.)

Honestly I can only remember bits and pieces of it, I was a bit out of it. :)

I do remember Zane getting voted out which I didn't like.

Survivor: Caramoan - Fans Vs. Favorites II

Anyone else here a survivor fan? Ive seen every episode from the beginning. I was very disappointed that Malcolm didn't win last season... i think he is the best non returning survivor since ozzy from the cook islands. I hope he can pull it off this time.

Theres a lot of moaning going on over pretty much every other 'favorite' castaway, most of all brandon hantz who was quite possibly the most annoying person in years and years. Philip shephard and cochran are also not being well received. There are also the somewhat unknowns namely Fransesqua (as philip would say lol).

But personally im optomistic. Its a new season and new relationships, personality clashes, etc. i think cochran and brandon especially have something to prove so maybe they will cut the bs and play.

Person to watch: shamar.... Of occupy wall street fame.

Btw, i looked and couldnt find it anywhere, but what does anyone think is the single best season of survivor and why? I think its the original fans v favs Survivor: Micronesia. ParVati is one of the legends of survivor and she proved it imo that season.

Last edited: