⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Survivor

Survivor: Redemption Island

Anybody here watching Survivor this season? If so, what'd you think of Phillip's outburst at tribal counsel the first week? What'd you think of them bringing back Boston Rob and Russel?

I have yet to watch the second week's as I catch up on Sat/Sun. Will be watching the second week's episode in about an hour. :)

(Mods: I tried searching for threads on Survivor and the only ones I found were mad old. If there is a current thread, please point me in the right direction.)

Wow, so happy to see a Survivor thread on BL. I never see them and never bothered to start one, but Survivor is a HUGE tradition in my family. On both sides, my parents/me and my boyfriends parents. We just had a Survivor party the other night to watch the most recent episode and it was a lot of fun.

I freaking love former special agent Phillip! lol he's so entertaining. Why the red undies though, WHYYYY!?

Russel is one of my favorite Survivors of all time. Although honestly, at this point I kind of don't want to see him get as far, I want to see him get blindsided early on because it would be funny and the whole "Russel aligns with a cute lil girl and takes her to the end and then she wins and he comes in second" thing is getting pretty old...

Even if no one else gives a shit about Survivor I will be here to chat to you about it every week. I've seen every, single episode, from the very beginning! :) Love it.

Hah, I guess not many BLers watch Survivor!

Survivor is huge with my mom and I. We watched the first couple seasons together every week, then when she switched to nights and I went to school, we stopped. But, now that she's discovered how to work a VCR (yes, she's that behind), and now that I'm back living at home, we've started up again.

Lol, Phillip is entertaining but annoying.

I don't want to see Russel get far. I thought it was AMAZING how they blindsided the blonde dude the week before last (have yet to watch this week's episode--Like I've said, I catch up on Sat/Sun).

I'm glad you'll chat with me about this at least. Any chance you'd (or anyone else reading this) be cool enough to not post spoilers about the last episode 'til at least Monday? I know that might be pushin' it if something super awesome happens that you just wanna rant about... If that's the case, NSFW tags would be nice for those of us who haven't seen this week's ep. ... Just an idea.

:-/ Does really no one (on BL at least) watch Survivor anymore?...

Caught up with the one that aired this past week. Rob is playing the game quite well, switching that clue and all. Here's hopin' Matt goes far on Redemption Island.

Some of the rewards are kind of a punishment IMO. I can only imagine the digestive upsets those people face after having plain rice for days and suddenly have doughnuts. *Rolls eyes*

Not sure how I missed this thread. Another Survivor fan here.

Russell was probably my all-time favourite player. His game was just never going to work, it's far too aggressive and he unfortunately got what was coming to him this season.

Boston Rob is really playing his tribe well. And finally someone is keeping their secret immunity idol just that, a bloody secret! Can't wait to see how he plays it. He's definitely one of the very best to play the game. But with such a target on his back come the merge, I just don't think he can go all the way.

I think everyone is rooting for Matt to come back now, though I think that'd give him an instant target as well. Rob certainly won't want him around and vice versa. And remember, it was a seemingly petty whim that got Matt voted out in the first place (shaking the hands of the opposition after losing). For Matt, it's less Redemption Island and more Revenge Island.

Next week, on...Survivor.

Yay, there's three of us! Haha.

Boston Rob is playing his tribe very well. I can see him going far if he finds that second immunity idol--They'll vote for him, he'll play the idol, they'll vote for him again... He'll play the other idol. Though you can't play it once it gets down to a certain number of people (four?), so maybe he'll get booted then.

Yeah, Matt will probably have an instant target on his back if/when he comes back. Esp. because surviving on Redemption Island proves how strong of a player he is.

I don't get why so many people think Rob is this great player. This is his, what, 4th time playing, and he hasn't won anything yet? I would hope someone with that much experience would do well after this many times playing the game.

He's great at puzzles, but he has never figured out how to keep himself from being a big target in the social/alliance part of the game, and he is setting himself up again this time around. Eventually, they'll get wise that he is pulling all of the strings and vote him out. We'll see if the idol(s) are enough to keep him alive. If it wasn't for Phillip being a raging idiot at TC, he might even be gone already.

Do you really see Sandra as the best player ever? She's the only person to win it twice.

Despite her ineptness at almost everything (she is possibly the worst challenge competitor I can think of, Courtney is probably the only one to outdo her, and she's useless at camp), she was brought all the wall to the final both times by the will of other people and finally won as the "lesser of two evils" pick.

It's the complete opposite with Boston Rob, and that's why he's always such a big target. Why else would it be that way? Of course he's one of the best players ever.

Do you really see Sandra as the best player ever? She's the only person to win it twice.

Despite her ineptness at almost everything (she is possibly the worst challenge competitor I can think of, Courtney is probably the only one to outdo her, and she's useless at camp), she was brought all the wall to the final both times by the will of other people and finally won as the "lesser of two evils" pick.

It's the complete opposite with Boston Rob, and that's why he's always such a big target. Why else would it be that way? Of course he's one of the best players ever.

I explained why I didn't think Rob was that great of a player, and it wasn't just because he hasn't won. He has already set himself up as the biggest target. Sandra obviously was smart enough not to do that. "Flying under the radar", as much as players in the game scorn it, is a strategy, and she essentially used that to win twice. Rob simply hasn't figured out how to do that, or to not make himself a major target, even after 3 previous times playing the game.

So, yeah, I think Sandra is an overall better player than Rob at this point. She turned a perceived weakness - getting people to believe that they could take her to the finals and win - into a strength once she got there. Being good at challenges is only one aspect to the game.

I don't think Russell is that great of a player for similar reasons as Rob. Russell couldn't figure out that you can't offend pretty much everyone on the jury and still win. He started doing the exact same thing this season, he just decided not to wait until after the merge to do it.

They both get asked back to play numerous times because they are polarizing and create discussion, much like this one. That's good for ratings. If not for Phillip's rant at TC the first week, they would both be out of the game already.

Frankly, I'd put Parvati Shallow ahead of all three of them with respect to skill at the game.

Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has any comments on recent events. The merge is going to be very interesting, as Rob will be a big target, but has an idol in his pocket and is obviously pretty crafty. David is quickly making enemies ... I really don't get why the people that play this game act the way they do sometimes. Being a jerk and ticking people off has never really led to success ... well, at least since Richard Hatch.

Hoping Matt can make it back into the game. He's obviously pretty talented at the challenges, and whoever comes back in the game now will be courted by a couple of alliances for a vote. I don't know that I really like the Redemption Island idea that much, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Plus, Matt seems like a really good dude, so he is easy to root for.

Was bummed that my eye candy got knocked out, though. Meh.

Good comedy when Rob tossed the immunity idol clue into the volcano, too. Random dumb thought while watching - he much have a razor as a personal item, or he is the first guy ever to grow hair in a perfect goatee. Phillip is starting to scare me a bit, too. The others might want to hide the machetes from him.

Matt will be back in. Surely, after all this time, he cannot possibly lose to Sarita.

Agree about losing Steph, but not only because she was cute. I have a lot of respect for anyone who displays such fight. If she didn't do it with words (multiple tribal councils), she showed it in challenges (even if she wasn't very good at them). It's why I was a massive fan of Stephenie LaGrossa, who was actually awesome at challenges, regularly beating the men.

Rob throwing the clue into the volcano was farking funny. That guy never switches off though, awesome pick up that the clue would be in the jar.

My random thought while watching was how they actually do the "interviews", where they make it look more like a diary entry or whatever. Obviously, they did Rob's on the volcano. Where was everyone else at the time? He couldn't have been in sight to throw the clue away like that, but...it didn't look like there was much room to hide. It would be interesting to see how they do it behind the scenes.

I have appreciated the editing in Survivor over the years. They're exceptional at it now. Analysing their editing is a point of interest for me each episode.

Phil is just Phil to me. What did you pick up on last episode that's weirded you out more than previously? The guy's a mad man, it's hilarious and disturbing at the same time. But it's been like that since day dot.

I've finally caught up, so I can safely read this thread now, LOL.

Rob throwing the clue into the volcano was hilarious! Got a dumb question though: Is there only one hidden immunity idol per tribe and each clue is a more specific one to that same idol, or are there multiple idols?

Phil has gotten more and more disturbing as the season's gone on. It was hilarious how he was lagging behind in that last challenge and rob had to grab him and throw him forward.

Rob is going to be a big target come the merge, but so will Matt--No one will want that strong of a player with them in the final three.

Yep, only one idol per tribe at a time, and each clue is increasingly specific for that tribe's idol.

You've just reminded me of something else though. I actually found it funnier than the Rob/Volcano thing. During that reward/immunity challenge, not only did Rob have to at times physically get Phil through the netted obstacle, he also had to tell which way to go even when there was only one way to go. It sounds so funny even writing it. Rob was almost hysterical when shouting "BEHIND YOU, PHILLIP!".

Phil is just like "Oh, this way".

*Nodnod* I thought there was only one idol per tribe, but wasn't sure.

YES, that was awful and hilarious at the same time. That challenge was NUTS though--Got tired just watching it!

Matt will be back in. Surely, after all this time, he cannot possibly lose to Sarita.

Agree about losing Steph, but not only because she was cute. I have a lot of respect for anyone who displays such fight. If she didn't do it with words (multiple tribal councils), she showed it in challenges (even if she wasn't very good at them). It's why I was a massive fan of Stephenie LaGrossa, who was actually awesome at challenges, regularly beating the men.

Rob throwing the clue into the volcano was farking funny. That guy never switches off though, awesome pick up that the clue would be in the jar.

My random thought while watching was how they actually do the "interviews", where they make it look more like a diary entry or whatever. Obviously, they did Rob's on the volcano. Where was everyone else at the time? He couldn't have been in sight to throw the clue away like that, but...it didn't look like there was much room to hide. It would be interesting to see how they do it behind the scenes.

I have appreciated the editing in Survivor over the years. They're exceptional at it now. Analysing their editing is a point of interest for me each episode.

Phil is just Phil to me. What did you pick up on last episode that's weirded you out more than previously? The guy's a mad man, it's hilarious and disturbing at the same time. But it's been like that since day dot.

Completely agree with you on this. I'm always curious how they manage to never get any cameras in the shots, yet they seem to pick up everything. Frankly, I have to admit that it has crossed my mind many times that it might be scripted, but I figure even if it is, it is still good entertainment.

As for Philip, he was kind of chuckly and harmless early on, but he seems to be extremely angry now. He'll be an interesting character at the merge, since he is clearly a free agent.

Minor disagreement on Steph. She had the opportunity to stay in the game, but she was abrasive from the very beginning. Once Russell got voted out, she was hanging. I agree that she was a fighter, I just don't think how she did things was a very smart strategy. Offending that many people that early is rarely a good move.

Quite the shock that Redemption Island ended with Matt coming back in the game, only to have RI started up again after the merge and having Matt voted out! I think that's proof that Matt is not a good player of the overall game of Survivor. He is an excellent player in the physical aspect of Survivor. He was an idiot for confessing all that stuff to Rob!

Quite the shock that Redemption Island ended with Matt coming back in the game, only to have RI started up again after the merge and having Matt voted out! I think that's proof that Matt is not a good player of the overall game of Survivor. He is an excellent player in the physical aspect of Survivor. He was an idiot for confessing all that stuff to Rob!

... and he took the little blonde chicky down with him. That was a total *facepalm* moment when he told Rob all of that. He gave up a promise of top 3 AND an immunity idol, too.

Rob might be able to hold on to that idol for quite some time. No one knows he has it, which is a very smart move. I never understand the people who give up that info. Plus, he has 3 lemmings that will do whatever he wants them to.

Rob now has four or five lemmings. 8)

Will be interesting to see what they're going to do with the three at Redemption Island now.

I have a feeling Phillip will make it to the final three with Rob, which means whoever the third one there will will by default: I doubt anyone would vote for Phillip and I highly doubt anyone will vote for Rob.

What do you think?

You reckon no one will vote for Rob? He's not pissing people off like Russell did, I don't see a lot of bitterness coming from the jury...yet. Still a long way to go, and he could very well be voted out before then as we all know. I just think he's getting a lot of respect from most players this season.

Phillip is just awesome. His tirade about "How to get a feather" was great, and his mispronunciation of certain words is gold.

I don't think anyone will vote for Rob--Even though he's not pissing people off, didn't he already win a million? I haven't watched all the seasons of Survivor so I'm not totally sure if he did or not, but I think he did.

Lol, Phillip's mispronunciation is hilarious at times.

What do you think they're going to do with the three at Redemption Island? That's what has my attention/anticipation for this week.